Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings-Packers game on Nov. 1st moved to 3:15 (CDT) start

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...D3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

Vikings-Packers start time to be moved
    Last update: October 13, 2009 - 9:36 AM

This should come as a surprise to no one.

The Vikings' game against the Green Bay Packers on Nov. 1 at Lambeau Field will be moved to a 3:15 p.m. start, according to sources. The announcement from the NFL is expected later this morning. That means Brett Favre's first game at Lambeau Field as an opposing player will be seen by much of the country on Fox.

The game was originally set for a noon kickoff but talks about moving the start time had been ongoing for several weeks. The fact ESPN drew the largest cable audience ever for its coverage of the Monday night game this month when Favre threw three touchdowns in a 30-23 victory over his longtime team certainly made the decision to move the kickoff easier. More than 21.8 million people watched that telecast.

Fox has the NFL doubleheader on Nov. 1 and the later start in such cases is usually reserved for a marquee game. Most of the country would have seen the Giants game at Philadelphia in the 3:15 window that day but now will get the Packers and Vikings.
    There ya go.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

raptorman is offline Starter

Re: Vikings-Packers game on Nov. 1st moved to 3:15 (CDT) start

It was moved to accommodate MLB.
    If the Phillies make it to the World Series.
    The
    extra football audience is just a bonus.

NEW YORK (AP) -- The kickoff times of the Giants-Eagles and Vikings-Packers games Nov. 1 have been flipped because of the possibility of a World Series game in Philadelphia that night.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/10/13/times.ap/index.html

"raptorman" wrote:
    The

NEW YORK (AP) -- The kickoff times of the Giants-Eagles and Vikings-Packers games Nov. 1 have been flipped because of the possibility of a World Series game in Philadelphia that night.

That's a nice spin for SI to use, but I am doubtful that that is the real reason.
    Vikings-Packers last Monday was the highest rated cable show of all time.
    That game on Nov. 1st will, most likely, as the primo game of the Sunday slate, have a higher rating than a World Series game.

=Z=

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"Zeus" wrote:
    "raptorman" wrote:
    The

That's a nice spin for SI to use, but I am doubtful that that is the real reason.
    That game on Nov. 1st will, most likely, as the primo game of the Sunday slate, have a higher rating than a World Series game.

=Z=
    Agreed 100%.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

"Zeus" wrote:
    "raptorman" wrote:
    The

=Z=
    I don't know the cable content provider business, but I am surprised that NBC doesn't try to buy the rights to this game.
    I would love to see how quickly the World Series would get dwarfed by a regular season game.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.- John Adams

"misplacedminnesotan" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "raptorman" wrote:
    The

I don't know the cable content provider business, but I am surprised that NBC doesn't try to buy the rights to this game.
    I would love to see how quickly the World Series would get dwarfed by a regular season game.
    Flexible scheduling (the ability of NBC to move games) does not start until Week 11.
    This is a Week 8 game, so NBC doesn't even have the option to try to move it.

=Z=

raptorman is offline Starter

"Zeus" wrote:
    "raptorman" wrote:
    The

=Z=
    It's the same spin the NFL is using.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/10/13/favr...to-415-p-m-et/

"raptorman" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "raptorman" wrote:
    The

It's the same spin the NFL is using.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/10/13/favr...to-415-p-m-et/
    Sure - let's all play nice.
    But as the original article quoted above points out, this has been in negotiation for several weeks which, to me, indicates it was prior to when the Phillies even clinched the NL East.

=Z=

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Who knows

Who really cares

Could be both reasons

I hate it when we start at 3:15 tho ugh!!

Day goes so long