Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings owner is ready to talk stadium plans with legislators

Somehow it seemed fitting to be wading in urine the last game I attended.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    Somehow it seemed fitting to be wading in urine the last game I attended.
    LOL
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I just voted.
    Kindof funny.
    You think that a majority of the voters would be sports fans that support our teams efforts to get a new stadium regardless of the current W-L record.

Quite the contrary.
    The Nays have it.
    Very sad indeed my friends, very sad indeed.
    :'(

The Vikes PR team needs to get off thier ass and start selling this team or they will be a loss to Minnesota. Heaven forbid that it should happen but if they leave the only way I could cheer for them is if they moved down here.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"bfld" wrote:
    Unfortunate timing:
    it may not be rational, but it's a fact that this would be a lot easier with a winning team.

I wish Zigi would stop with the "we're not going to make any more revenue with a new stadium" horse hockey.
    If you're asking for the public dollar, treat the public as a partner and open your books and stop playing accounting games.
    That's a new horse, dude.
    The point he is making is that a new stadium isn't going to flood his pockets with dollars.
    And that's an important point to make.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I just voted.
    Kindof funny.
    You think that a majority of the voters would be sports fans that support our teams efforts to get a new stadium regardless of the current W-L record.

Quite the contrary.
    The Nays have it.

The Vikes PR team needs to get off thier jiggly butt and start selling this team or they will be a loss to Minnesota. Heaven forbid that it should happen but if they leave the only way I could cheer for them is if they moved down here.
    The fact that people are voting that they won't get a new stadium doesn't surprise me at all. I voted to "wait and see." I am surprised that is not winning. I honestly don't think he will get the legislative approval this year for a new stadium. And I think that's being a realist.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I just voted.
    Kindof funny.

Quite the contrary.
    The Nays have it.

The Vikes PR team needs to get off thier jiggly butt and start selling this team or they will be a loss to Minnesota. Heaven forbid that it should happen but if they leave the only way I could cheer for them is if they moved down here.
    The fact that people are voting that they won't get a new stadium doesn't surprise me at all. I voted to "wait and see." I am surprised that is not winning. I honestly don't think he will get the legislative approval this year for a new stadium. And I think that's being a realist.
    Good explanation my friend.
    Just thought the sports fans would be a bit more optimistic.
    One of my failings is that I am a bit to optimistic or haven't you noticed.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bfld is offline Rookie

"He didn't say revenue.
    He said profit. "
    Poor wording on my part, but the point is the same: No additional profit from a new stadium?
    C'mon.
    As to "he won't be lining his pockets with money", open the books and show us.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "bfld" wrote:
    Unfortunate timing:
    it may not be rational, but it's a fact that this would be a lot easier with a winning team.

I wish Zigi would stop with the "we're not going to make any more revenue with a new stadium" horse hockey.
    If you're asking for the public dollar, treat the public as a partner and open your books and stop playing accounting games.
    He didn't say revenue.
    He said profit.
    If the Vikings move up in the amount of revenue they bring in, they will lose a considerable amount of money from the profit sharing in the league.

Honestly, I think the city stands to make more money on a new stadium than the Vikings do.
    I think the state could make a lot of money by buying me a new house. Think about it, they get 7% of my income for as long as I live here, plus they get the property taxes, plus sales taxes because I will be spending my money in the state. If they don't act soon I might just move to L.A. and they won't make any money. I think I will send my proposal to the legislature.

bfld is offline Rookie

jmcdon00,

I hate to break this to you, but the state gives you money only if you don't need it.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "bfld" wrote:
    Unfortunate timing:

He didn't say revenue.
    He said profit.
    If the Vikings move up in the amount of revenue they bring in, they will lose a considerable amount of money from the profit sharing in the league.

Honestly, I think the city stands to make more money on a new stadium than the Vikings do.
    I think the state could make a lot of money by buying me a new house. Think about it, they get 7% of my income for as long as I live here, plus they get the property taxes, plus sales taxes because I will be spending my money in the state. If they don't act soon I might just move to L.A. and they won't make any money. I think I will send my proposal to the legislature.
    Housing for retirees...PP.O retirees, that is.
    Too bad that you don't qualify any more, j mc!
    :P
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast