Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Vikings on "Outside the Lines" on ESPN

Sorry but it just started....

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings on "Outside the Lines" on ESPN

I wanted to get that first thread up as quick as I could. You can imagine what the topic is.

It looks like lots of the same footage from the piece Andrea Cramer did on ESPNs Sunday morning pregame show.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I watched it last night. It was basically making me feel like 17 members of the vikings murdered someone not went out on a boat and had fun.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Intersting so far.

It was just what I said last week, lack of leadership and no precedents set.

They had Jake Reed cutting down the Coach Tice and basically saying Denny set good examples. But didn't Denny have his morality problems as well off the field???

I do agree with Reed that Denny's attitude about discipline was better.

Tice fines and Denny cuts.

Red was coming up with lame excuses for his part in this, the cutting of staff. He stated that Wilf bought the team becasue he did research that said the team had a great staff, why is he complaining now.

Chris Doleman said, you can't afford to bring in problem players, because you can't babysit 24 hours a day.

They made Tice look like the Idiot.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Oh great....the media is never gonna let it go....

From Mr. Cheer or die's Vikings Underground:

The Vikes won Sunday over hated rival Green Bay. One would think the local rags would have column after column speaking to yet another great game in this storied rivalry. So, let's take a gander of how the stories ran:

From the STrib

Kevin Seifert's leading paragraph: "Fifty-three men bounced, laughed, shrieked and stomped in unison Sunday afternoon. They stood not on a boat but on the Metrodome field, their gyrations wholesome and borne of a most appropriate kind of jubilation: professional success."

David Phelps' leading paragraph: "As the Vikings muddled through the first half of their eventual victory over Green Bay, fan disgust reached the point where free T-shirts flung into the crowd by Vikings employees were thrown back onto the field."

An excerpt from our good friend Top Jimmy's entry: "The Packers embarrassed the Nauti Boys for 30 minutes, taking a 17-0 lead. Owner Zygi Wilf had to be making a mental search for Tice's replacement (what is Les Steckel doing these days?), just as Tice had to be wondering whether it was time to bench The Teflon Daunte."

From the Pioneer Press

An excerpt from Tom Powers' entry: "No word on whether special game balls were awarded to Al and Alma."

From Sean Jensen: "Still under scrutiny for their involvement in a controversial Oct. 6 boat party on Lake Minnetonka, the Vikings were puzzled by the reception from the 64,278 fans at the Metrodome. At times during the first half, Packers fans overwhelmed their Vikings counterparts, who had little to cheer about as their team continued its erratic play. After the Packers took a 14-0 lead late in the second quarter, one Vikings fan ripped off his purple T-shirt and hurled it five rows in front of him."

I'm not saying that the I would have thought the media should have let go of the Love Boat altogether, but maybe 24-hours to allow the fans to bask in the glory of yet another cheese stomping would have been refreshing.

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Transistioning into the story?????

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I don't care about all this crap. I care about the W we just put up and the preparation our boys are doing for Carolina!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

I second that emotion! :lol:

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

CynicalVike is offline Starter

ESPN is pizzed at the Vikings because they wouldn't answer Andrea's questions about the cruise. So now they feel can turn on us.

You can already figure what the ESPN pregame show on Monday Nov. 21 is going to be like. We could win every game between now and then, and GB could loose every game, and she will still be on the side lines trying to get a reaction to the dam boat story.
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast