Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Vikings Open at 12/1 to win 2011 Superbowl

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    fanofteam wrote:
    The Saints have a cake schedule, if Favre doesn't come back thay have a good shot at returning to the SB
    If Favre does not return we have a good chance of missing the playoffs with the hard ass schedule we have.
    Your hating life waiting on the Noodle aren't you my friend.....

Relax, he signed a two year contract for a reason. Everyone knew this plan was gonna take 2 years. He is coming back.

As to the line........

Funny when you think about it that the odds makers would put us that high based on the Waffle (aka Noodle) and his typical approach to getting out of training camp, unless of course they were smart enough to also recognize that this team is good enough to carry the likes of TJ into the big dance.

In the end, all is not lost my friend if your hero doesn't come back. I suspect we will win a few games regardless of who is under center.
    There is a reason it says opened. I am pretty sure we were like 6/1 when Favre was playing. If TJ takes the reigns I guarantee that changes.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    fanofteam wrote:
    The Saints have a cake schedule, if Favre doesn't come back thay have a good shot at returning to the SB
    If Favre does not return we have a good chance of missing the playoffs with the hard ass schedule we have.

Relax, he signed a two year contract for a reason. Everyone knew this plan was gonna take 2 years. He is coming back.

As to the line........

Funny when you think about it that the odds makers would put us that high based on the Waffle (aka Noodle) and his typical approach to getting out of training camp, unless of course they were smart enough to also recognize that this team is good enough to carry the likes of TJ into the big dance.

In the end, all is not lost my friend if your hero doesn't come back. I suspect we will win a few games regardless of who is under center.
    There is a reason it says opened. I am pretty sure we were like 6/1 when Favre was playing. If TJ takes the reigns I guarantee that changes.
    I am sure it will change regardless of what happens. The point is, 12/1 isn't that because the odds makers have set it there to start with aludes to the possibility that they must think a bit better of TJ than most on here do.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    fanofteam wrote:

As to the line........

I am sure it will change regardless of what happens. The point is, 12/1 isn't that because the odds makers have set it there to start with aludes to the possibility that they must think a bit better of TJ than most on here do.
    or they are betting on Favre coming back like you.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Take a few bucks on the Vikings now before the line changes when Favre comes back.

Of the 100/1 odds, do any of them even have hope to make the playoffs? Maybe the bucs because that division always goes from last to first. But besides them, I really cannot see any of those teams right now with a shot. I guess they all need lots of help in the offseason.
    We're bringing purple back.

fanofteam is offline Starter

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    fanofteam wrote:

As to the line........

My Hero um, not quite. I'm a New England transplant so the Vikes will are my second favorite team.

Not much action comes in this early as you have to wait a year to get paid so those lines are not close to what they will be as the season progresses. If Favre announces his retirement it will shoot up to 18/1 instantly.

As far as the 2 year deal goes that was the VIKINGS terms to keep Favre from playing for another team if he returns this year.

With the way he played in 2009 1/2 the teams in football would be offering Favre a deal next year if they could.

The Saints opened at 25/1 last year

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    fanofteam wrote:

As to the line........

The lowest the Vikings odds to win the 2009 SB ever got was 6/1.

The Vikes odds to win the 2009 SB the day after Favre signed were 13/1

gregair13 wrote:
    Take a few bucks on the Vikings now before the line changes when Favre comes back.

Of the 100/1 odds, do any of them even have hope to make the playoffs? Maybe the bucs because that division always goes from last to first. But besides them, I really cannot see any of those teams right now with a shot. I guess they all need lots of help in the offseason.

I know a guy who paid $60 for the 1999/2000 Rams in a $35,000 "Calcutta" superbowl pool where the teams are auctioned off to the highest bidder. His $60 brought him $17,000

The Rams were 4 - 12 in 1998.

Anything can happen.

The teams to get on now are Houston and Carolina as those 40/1 odds can change fast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12