Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Great mock, and spot on an most of the prospects IMO. A few that I saw differently;

Kenny Vaccaro lasting until 21, crazy - if he is there at 20 I say we trade up and get him, he is a top 15 and may be top ten talent IMO.

Tyler Eiffert going 46, that is crazy too. I would find a way to get to 45 and again get a bargain if he is there. He is not getting out of the first round IMO.

Jesse Williams at 52, if we get him there, that is a steal, he should go at the bottom of round one or the beginning of round two.

Larry Warford at 76 is a steal also, I can't see him making it to the third round. He was the best O-linemen at the senior bowl and dominated some very highly rated d-linemen. He would be a perfect fit for us.

John Bostic falling to 118 is another propsect I would say is a steal at that point.

Le'Veon Bell, Is a great mudder and thumper I don't think he will last until 185.

Our picks- there were some really good ones but if we take Teo, I will vomit, I do not want him at all. And he definetly won't be close to the BPA at #23. I like Cordarelle Patterson, I think he is the best and most talented WR but I don't have the faith that our coaches will develop him. You have to take him at #25 though, he is the BPA IMO.

Round 2 - To get Jesse Williams at 52 is crazy, I think he will be a disruptive force and a great addition, good Pick my friend.

Round 3 - Gratz fits our scheme, I just don't know if we should take him because at 83 there still has to be some really good players available. I think David Amerson out of NC State will be there. An All-American his junior year, I believe. Had an off year but great skill set for our sheme.

Round 4- Zaviar Gooden - I absolutely love this pick, I truly hope he is here in the fourth, I doubt it but we would be fools not to take him. Here is where I would take Gratz instead of Harper at 120.

Round 5- I would take a flyer on Tyler Bray, QB, Tenn rather than Miles. He has the strongest arm in the class and can make all the NFL throws. I think an NFL team should draft a QB in every draft class.

Round 6- I like your pick here if we are going for him in the sixth round but I also think Oday Aboushi will be there. He is a great pick for our system and he can play guard and tackle.

Round 7- Tourek williams - I havent' heard much about him so I will cede to your greater knowledge and say great pick. My friend.

Micah is another great pick, I just don't know if he will be there that late.

Your draft choices are well thought out and we will defintely be a better team if we get all of your cats. I jsut saw a few differently but it is all good my friend!! Have a great day!!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

LOL, you crack me up.

I wouldn't put it past them to take one, its just my feeling that they have issues that need to be addressed at MLB, DT, WR, and CB in that order.

Using a 1rst, 2nd, 3rd or even 4th on a backup G is kindof out there if you ask me.
    If we gt Warmack or Warford we ar enot picking backups. They will be a huge upgrade and we would have a scary good O-line.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    If Chance Warmack or Jonathan Cooper miraculously is on the board and there's no one else that has slipped then I'm all for drafting one of them. I'm actually pretty happy with out offensive line. The guards are the weakest link, but it's not very weak.

Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    If Chance Warmack or Jonathan Cooper miraculously is on the board and there's no one else that has slipped then I'm all for drafting one of them. I'm actually pretty happy with out offensive line. The guards are the weakest link, but it's not very weak.
    I agree, those are the only two that would be in the first round and Cooper can fit in our system and a more zone type scheme so I think he wouldn't be the one to fall. Warmack is going to be a better guard IMO so if he falls I would be very happy. If Warford is at 52 or even in the third round I would trade up for that cat, he dominated some of the best D-linemen in this class at the senior bowl.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Hmm... appears that Larry Warford is overshadowed because of this year's strong guard class. I wouldn't mind an upgrade at guard, but I hope Spielman put much more value at LB, DT, and WR.

What do you guys think about Justin Pugh and Kyle Long. Two intriguing guards that I also think can fill in on the outside if needed.
    They are projected to go in the 1st or 2nd round, but would you take them in the third round?

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Hmm... appears that Larry Warford is overshadowed because of this year's strong guard class. I wouldn't mind an upgrade at guard, but I hope Spielman put much more value at LB, DT, and WR.

What do you guys think about Justin Pugh and Kyle Long. Two intriguing guards that I also think can fill in on the outside if needed.
    They are projected to go in the 1st or 2nd round, but would you take them in the third round?
    HEY,
    I'm not sure our need for a guard justifies taking someone that high. I think Pugh is a late first / early second round value. He would be GREAT for our team, but I heard he has short arms. Perhaps this is not a big deal for a guard. I could see Pugh being drafted by Green Bay in the first round. Sounds like a Ted Thompson pick to me.

I'm not as familiar with Kyle Long, but I sense he could be an upgrade as well. If we can take care of our needs at WR, DT, and CB in the first 2 rounds, then I think the next 2 picks should be guard and MLB, followed by best available defensive players. I think that's our best recipe for long-term playoff success.

Kyle Long, by most accounts has the most upside of all the O-linemen, the reason is that he hasn't played the position that long, that's the problem. He was a full time baseball player before switching to football. From what I hear the cat has a serious fastball but I don't know why he quit baseball. He has very good blood lines, he is the son of Howie Long and his brother Chris plays for the Rams. Most have him rated as the fourth best Guard in the draft. If I had any faith in our coaches I think this kid could be really good in two years, the problem is I don't have any faith in our coaches.

Pugh has a medical history (shoulder) and could be a risk. I also think he is better at pass protection, great athlete with good feet, but is not spectacular at run blocking. Looking at Loadholt, Fusco and Johnson I get the feeling that Minnesota is looking for maulers in the run game. I am not sure that is Pugh's game. Someone Fluker or Aboushi seem more like the type of guard Minnesota likes to bring in and develop. I could be wrong, Pugh is very good with his feet and has room to get bigger and stronger, I just feel a team like Green bay would be more interested in him than us.

Oh and I forgot I would take both of those guys if they fell to the third round, that would defintely be a value pick at that point
    Last edited by tarkenton10; 04-24-2013 at 07:07 AM.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    These things just make me laugh........

I can name you 2097 reasons why we don't have a guard issue. Truth of the matter is, people will say that AD did all of that on his own, when the reality of life is you don't do that without G's that can pull. It just doesn't happen.

Are our G's lacking in pass protection? Sure, but alot of that can/will be over come by better receivers that run better routes which will allow the QB to get rid of the ball on time.

My guess, if they burn a pick on a OLmen before the 6th round, I will crap myself. On a side note, I have them taking a C/G in the 6th as insurance for Sully.
    Wasn't it Loadholt, not our guard(s), that was getting the brunt of the credit for blocking & paving the way for AD's success?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Wasn't it Loadholt, not our guard(s), that was getting the brunt of the credit for blocking & paving the way for AD's success?
    Statistically the staff likes to run behind Load more than any other lineman, but that doesn't mean the the G's shouldn't get credit as well.

Load can take his guy out all day, but if the G' doesn't get there to engage in the LB (or DB if the TE's has the LB) then AD just has another guy he has to make miss.

In the end, I think our G's ability to pull (Sully's as well) is extremely overlooked by all because they really focus on the area they are bit light and that is pass protection.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Statistically the staff likes to run behind Load more than any other lineman, but that doesn't mean the the G's shouldn't get credit as well.

Load can take his guy out all day, but if the G' doesn't get there to engage in the LB (or DB if the TE's has the LB) then AD just has another guy he has to make miss.

In the end, I think our G's ability to pull (Sully's as well) is extremely overlooked by all because they really focus on the area they are bit light and that is pass protection.
    I think they if a stud G falls we will pull the trigger, especially on the big three, Warmack, Cooper and Warford, so get ready for some crap in your pants my friend!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast