Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings OL: Guard a concern

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    These things just make me laugh........

I can name you 2097 reasons why we don't have a guard issue. Truth of the matter is, people will say that AD did all of that on his own, when the reality of life is you don't do that without G's that can pull. It just doesn't happen.

Are our G's lacking in pass protection? Sure, but alot of that can/will be over come by better receivers that run better routes which will allow the QB to get rid of the ball on time.

My guess, if they burn a pick on a OLmen before the 6th round, I will crap myself. On a side note, I have them taking a C/G in the 6th as insurance for Sully.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Doesn't seem like a priority, but Peterson is chasing 2500yards and anything the team can do to help in that quest is welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Doesn't seem like a priority, but Peterson is chasing 2500yards and anything the team can do to help in that quest is welcome.
    He would have got 2500 last year if he would have been ready to go at the beginning of the season. Truth is, he really wasn't AD until week 7 or so when he finally put together back to back 100 yard + games.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post

I can name you 2097 reasons why we don't have a guard issue. Truth of the matter is, people will say that AD did all of that on his own, when the reality of life is you don't do that without G's that can pull. It just doesn't happen.

Are our G's lacking in pass protection? Sure, but alot of that can/will be over come by better receivers that run better routes which will allow the QB to get rid of the ball on time.

My guess, if they burn a pick on a OLmen before the 6th round, I will crap myself. On a side note, I have them taking a C/G in the 6th as insurance for Sully.
    They lack depth so a C/G late makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    They lack depth so a C/G late makes a lot of sense.
    Here is who I have them taking in my mock..... "Matt Stankiewitch)....Cool name, looks like a good player.

Matt Stankiewitch, C, Penn State, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

I would love for them to pull the trigger on Warford if he is there in round two. Or even Warmack if he falls to #23. So get your depends ready!! There could be some good Olinemen who are the BPA in rounds three through five so I can see us taking a cat if he is falling and fits our scheme.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I would love for them to pull the trigger on Warford if he is there in round two. Or even Warmack if he falls to #23. So get your depends ready!! There could be some good Olinemen who are the BPA in rounds three through five so I can see us taking a cat if he is falling and fits our scheme.
    LOL, you crack me up.

I wouldn't put it past them to take one, its just my feeling that they have issues that need to be addressed at MLB, DT, WR, and CB in that order.

Using a 1rst, 2nd, 3rd or even 4th on a backup G is kindof out there if you ask me.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Here is who I have them taking in my mock..... "Matt Stankiewitch)....Cool name, looks like a good player.

Matt Stankiewitch, C, Penn State, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com
    What about Travis Frederick, C,G, Wisconsin? I like him better and he can play all three positions and is a mauler. Also he played in a run first mauling offense in Wisconsin.
    Last edited by tarkenton10; 04-23-2013 at 12:50 PM.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    What about Travis Frederick, C,G, Wisconsin? I like him better and he can play all three positions. Also he played inn in a run first amuling offense in Wisconsin.
    3-67 to Philly.

Marrdro's 7 Round Mock (7 rounds - Compensatory Picks)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast