Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    missvikes is offline Training Camp

Lightbulb

I don't think any thread poster here blames 1 simple person, position, or issue on our piss poor season (after another). I personally love to target McNabb BUT, he didn't volunteer to walk on the field in Purple we purchased him. It is a collective group of problems that for some reason the owners & staffing cannot seem to sort out. Is it really that big of a mess? I guess, but I don't see how roster changes and disipline (like benching) doesn't correct our problems. Isn't Bud Grant still in the office? He was the king of not letting players slack & seemed to know how to turn a team around. (Gruden knew how to turn a team around too. Don't get me wrong I love Frazier but maybe we need someone with a meaner personality to make this work)
    Look around this site and thread after thread is our collective reasons for this season being so depressing & frustrating. We don't dissagree with each other that our team lacks what it needs, we just have all our own collective opinions on how to fix it. Now if someone would listen to us......
    Last edited by missvikes; 10-07-2011 at 02:01 PM.
    SKOL!!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    I'd like for us to use two of our top 3 picks in the draft on offensive line. We didn't really address it last year, but we had other holes to fill.

I think the lack of an offseason really hurt us, I don't think we would have drafted Ponder in the first round if we had signed McNabb in March like we would have in an ordinary year, instead we could have used that pick on an offensive lineman like Nate Solder at tackle or Mike Pouncey at center/guard.

If we solve the LT situation, we can bump Johnson inside, apparently he's a natural guard anyway. So put him at RG and use Herrera for depth, the guy's been declining every year since 07.

I think you plug in a talented LT and the whole line gets instantly better. Throw a center in there who can hold his own and this offense changes completely.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    I'd like for us to use two of our top 3 picks in the draft on offensive line. We didn't really address it last year, but we had other holes to fill.

I think the lack of an offseason really hurt us, I don't think we would have drafted Ponder in the first round if we had signed McNabb in March like we would have in an ordinary year, instead we could have used that pick on an offensive lineman like Nate Solder at tackle or Mike Pouncey at center/guard.

If we solve the LT situation, we can bump Johnson inside, apparently he's a natural guard anyway. So put him at RG and use Herrera for depth, the guy's been declining every year since 07.

I think you plug in a talented LT and the whole line gets instantly better. Throw a center in there who can hold his own and this offense changes completely.
    Even mediocre quarterbacks can look good behind a good offensive line. I agree, build the line first. It's the foundation of a successful team.
    Seems like common sense 101.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Even mediocre quarterbacks can look good behind a good offensive line. I agree, build the line first. It's the foundation of a successful team.
    Seems like common sense 101.
    How to build a team 101. Professor Jim Finks
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    Does he post a link to where he got those stats from? I'd love to see that page.
    Signature Stats Snapshot - Pass Blocking Efficiency | ProFootballFocus.com

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Thanx! Hey Marrdro! You might want to read this rather than lay blame on Musgrave.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    The only ones that are agreeing with you are the ones that don't have a clue.

Could we draft OLmen higher and have better success with them? Sure, but who would you have given up (lets just use our first round picks) over the years to improve the OL?

Truth is, if you look around the league, there are a hell of alot more OL playing right now that were drafted in the later rounds than were drafted in the early rounds.
    No one said we had to draft OL in the first round. We didn't do enough drafting of them in later rounds & completely ignored lineman in FA while we watched a few of the ones we had sign elsewhere. Our depth at the OL position has been mediocre & scant at best.

Childress stated it all started up front when he was hired In 2006 & vowed to fix it. The only OL man we drafted during his regime were;

C: Sullivan & Ryan Cook

G: Degeare

T: Loadholdt

And our losses this year can not be solely the blame of the OL (or Berrian). It can all be traced back to piss poor play calling. Nothing more, nothing less.
    It can? Are you saying play calling is to blame for McNabb throwing balls at peoples feet?

Is play calling to blame for receivers dropping passes?

Is play calling to blame for the lack of holes for AD to run thru?

On a side note, alot of fans are starting to agree with me on that little tidbit that there are that are blaming the OL by the way.
    Where are these mystery fans? Is there a "play calling" or "we need a new OC" thread that I missed?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Dfoster is offline Rookie
    Blog Entries
    I told you in the absolute acme of your run to the SB under Favre & co. that you had o-line difficulty.

Totally dismissed me because of my fandom for the Pack. I was right, you were wrong, imo.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfoster View Post
    I told you in the absolute acme of your run to the SB under Favre & co. that you had o-line difficulty.

Totally dismissed me because of my fandom for the Pack. I was right, you were wrong, imo.
    Oh, hush child.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    Our O-line sucks period. Can pass block or run block. Could be the main reason the rest of our skill positions aren't looking so good. You have to have a good o-line to succeed in this league and ours sucks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12