Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings' OL deserves its share of the blame

Vikings' offensive line deserves its share of the blame

Twenty-eight NFL teams have drafted at least one offensive lineman in the first round since 2002. The Vikings aren't one of them.

Read more: Vikings' offensive line deserves its share of the blame - Football Wire - SunHerald.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

I've been saying our OL sucks for years & we needed to draft or get FA's to improve it & except for the few that agreed with me, most scoffed at the idea, giving a multitude of excuses.

Now that both Favre & McNabb have failed behind the OL, more fans are finally seeing it. This isn't a new problem by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I've been saying our OL sucks for years & we needed to draft or get FA's to improve it & except for the few that agreed with me, most scoffed at the idea, giving a multitude of excuses.

Now that both Favre & McNabb have failed behind the OL, more fans are finally seeing it. This isn't a new problem by any stretch of the imagination.
    Well that's all fine and dandy, but who cares if the fans do or don't see it. If the front office doesn't see it, than your point is moot.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    Well that's all fine and dandy, but who cares if the fans do or don't see it. If the front office doesn't see it, than your point is moot.
    If that's the case, then who cares if fans think McChunky sux? If the front office doesn't see it, then your points about it have been moot.

Who cares if fans think we should start Ponder? If the front office doesn't see it, then your points about it have been moot.

Are you also saying then, no matter what the fans post on PP.O, if the front office doesn't read it, our points are moot?

Then why are you here posting if all your points are moot?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

The only ones that are agreeing with you are the ones that don't have a clue.

Could we draft OLmen higher and have better success with them? Sure, but who would you have given up (lets just use our first round picks) over the years to improve the OL?

Truth is, if you look around the league, there are a hell of alot more OL playing right now that were drafted in the later rounds than were drafted in the early rounds.

And our losses this year can not be solely the blame of the OL (or Berrian). It can all be traced back to piss poor play calling. Nothing more, nothing less.

On a side note, alot of fans are starting to agree with me on that little tidbit that there are that are blaming the OL by the way.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    Excellent post my friend.

Gotta lay some blame at the coaches feet as well. This is the same coaching staff that said they don't need a FB in the scheme and now I see they just promoted one from the PS.

Its also the same staff that probably said they were good with our OL and yet we see them draft a C only to replace him with a FA.

Long story short, this isn't about the OL, it isn't about the WR, this is about a organization as a whole (starting with the Coaches) that sure seems to be clueless when it comes to what they are trying to do.

Maybe they should go out and ask the players again. Isn't that what they did at the beginning of the season? ......snicker......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    The only ones that are agreeing with you are the ones that don't have a clue.

Well stick me on the doesn't have a clue spreadsheet because I for one agree with him .

CbusVikefan is offline Training Camp

Ya Think? lol, I always thought the key to success was starting up front on both sides of the ball. This was the direction I thought they were headed when they drafted Kevin Williams. THe defensive line yes, but the O line has not been addressed in the same quality.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Of course. I saw this posted on another Vikings messageboard.

Just to put it in perspective, Charlie Johnson is ranked as the 29th most efficient pass blocking LT and Phil Loadholt is ranked as the 26th most efficient pass blocking RT. Anthony Herrera is ranked 57th in pass blocking efficiency for all Guards (no distrinction between LG and RG). John Sullivan is ranked 31st for Centers.
    He admits that you cannot take statistics as gospel, more to the story, etc.. but you cannot ignore rankings that bad from 3 of our 5 linemen.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakout View Post
    Of course. I saw this posted on another Vikings messageboard.

He admits that you cannot take statistics as gospel, more to the story, etc.. but you cannot ignore rankings that bad from 3 of our 5 linemen.
    Does he post a link to where he got those stats from? I'd love to see that page.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast