Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings | Offord injured Saturday

Even if its something more serious like a broken wrist the maximum time
    for it to heal is 4-5 weeks so worst case scenario is hell not b a backup for the first couple games of the season

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

The more I hear about it, the more fine it sounds.They have to report every injury, minor or major if memorey serves me correct.It just so happens that he was the only injury in the game, so his name is the only one floating around the injury pool.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

luckily it doesnt seem like its going to be bad.. losing him would be another big blow to our special teams

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"thevikingfan" wrote:
    Even if its something more serious like a broken wrist the maximum time
    for it to heal is 4-5 weeks so worst case scenario is hell not b a backup for the first couple games of the season

Luckily, it sounds like a sprain.. He probably at most will only miss the last of the preseason games.. Good, finally some good news on the injury front..

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Posted on Mon, Aug. 21, 2006

Wrist injury won't keep Offord sidelined long
    Tests reveal severe sprain but no fracture

BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press

The Vikings got some good news Sunday on backup safety Willie Offord, who injured his right wrist on the opening kickoff of Saturday night's 17-10 exhibition win at Pittsburgh and did not return.

Tests revealed Offord suffered a severely sprained wrist but no fracture.

The fifth-year veteran is expected to miss some practice time this week but will not be sidelined for an extended period.

A more serious injury could have had dire implications for the Vikings, who lost starting safety Tank Williams to a season-ending knee injury early in training camp and already were short on experienced depth at the position.

Rookie Greg Blue took Offord's place with the second-team defense against the Steelers and had a big sideline hit on wide receiver Lee Mays in the final seconds.

Humble pie: Through two games, rookie quarterback Tarvaris Jackson has been the feel-good story of the exhibition season, but Vikings fans don't need to worry about success going to his head.

After completing 9 of 11 passes for 80 yards and a touchdown against the Steelers, the second-round draft choice from Alabama State was modest, offering up such tame postgame quotes as, "I felt a lot more comfortable this week," and, "I just want to show the coaches I can play and run this offense."

Jackson's teammates were more expansive in their praise of the player who has gone from rookie project to frontrunner for the No. 2 quarterback job.

"He's definitely making progress," linebacker Napoleon Harris said. "He's a young quarterback, and it's a process to learn. He's going to be a great quarterback in this league."

Practice makes perfect: It's no coincidence that Jackson's one touchdown pass of the night went to rookie wide receiver Jason Carter, considering all the time they have put in on the practice field.

"Jason Carter and I work together a lot," Jackson said. "I've probably thrown the ball to him more than anybody."

Briefly: Sunday was a day off for the players, who will be back at Winter Park today for the first post-training camp practice of the summer.

Don Seeholzer can be reached at [email protected]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Briefly: Sunday was a day off for the players, who will be back at Winter Park today for the first post-training camp practice of the summer.
    Childress is still going to run 2 a days at Winter Park this week at at least, normally when you break camp and go to your home facility you switch to 1 practices per day.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Prophet Guest

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Childress is still going to run 2 a days at Winter Park this week at at least, normally when you break camp and go to your home facility you switch to 1 practices per day.
    I don't blame him, new O and D schemes.
    The clock is ticking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12