Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings Offensive Rankings

[size=13pt]Vikings Offensive Rankings via ESPN.com[/size]

By Gonzo
    dailynorseman.com

Posted on Fri, 13 July 2007 at 13:42:21 EDT

The folks over at the four-letter have spent this week breaking the NFL offenses down into different units (QBs, RBs, WRs, TEs, and OL) and ranking them from 1 to 32.
    (There's no point in linking, since only the Top 10 rankings in each category are visible to most of the viewing population.)
    Allow me to present you with what Bristol University thinks of the different parts of the Vikings' offense here now....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings Offensive Rankings

That was a GREAT READ singer. It took all the perceived "ups" and "downs" of the Vikes this year and put them into a proper perspective. And when you do that, the Vikes don't look half bad compared to the rest of the NFC North. And yoou know, even with the poor season last year (wins and losses comparison) we were in a lot of games that we could have just as easily won as we did lose.
    I think the Vikes will surprise a few people this year. If the running backs can stay healthy do as well as most people expect, teams will have to respect the running game which will give TJ or Bollinger a bit more time to find their receivers. It could be a real exciting season this year.
    I just pray AP stays healthy.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

Good read singer.
    Thanks.
    We might have the best running game in the league this season.
    We are going to need it too.

SuperGonzo is offline Starter

Good to see you guys found my site.
    (-:
    I've been trying to add it through the "Suggest Web Link" here for a while, but I can never tell if it works or not.

But I'm glad you liked the story. . .and you're right, compared to the rest of the NFC North, we don't look as terrible as everyone seems to think.
    All the "experts" seem to think that the North this year is going to be Chicago and everybody else. . .I just don't see it that way.
    "Just when you think you have all the answers, I CHANGE THE QUESTIONS!" - Roddy Piper

Visit The Daily Norseman!

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"SuperGonzo" wrote:
    (-:
    I've been trying to add it through the "Suggest Web Link" here for a while, but I can never tell if it works or not.

But I'm glad you liked the story. . .and you're right, compared to the rest of the NFC North, we don't look as terrible as everyone seems to think.
    All the "experts" seem to think that the North this year is going to be Chicago and everybody else. . .I just don't see it that way.
    A lot around here will agree with that.
    Singer will find anything.
    We don't call him PP.O newshound for nothing, we are forever in his debt.

Big Hunter S. Thompson fan?

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

good read, makes the experts look like a bunch of jabronis who dont know what they sare talking about.

Thanks josdin00

SuperGonzo is offline Starter

"Billy" wrote:
    "SuperGonzo" wrote:
    (-:

Actually, it's a nickname I've had since I was 4. . .and it has nothing to do with either Hunter S. Thompson OR the Muppets (although I do greatly enjoy both of their works).
    "Just when you think you have all the answers, I CHANGE THE QUESTIONS!" - Roddy Piper

Visit The Daily Norseman!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"SuperGonzo" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:
    "SuperGonzo" wrote:
    (-:

Actually, it's a nickname I've had since I was 4. . .and it has nothing to do with either Hunter S. Thompson OR the Muppets (although I do greatly enjoy both of their works).
    Perhaps Ted Nugent?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

davike is offline Team Alumni

Great read!! You need to post some more good stuff like that on here Gonzo! I don't care if ESPN ranked our WRs at #32. If I looked at them without purple shades on I would probably come to the same conclusion. But like Gonzo said....it has great potential.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

I'm very optimistic about our WR's. When Childress addressed them as eh equivalent of
    last year's LB's, that made me real giddy. He's a no non-sense guy and if they weren't up to snuff, he'd just say something like they're working hard and will continue to improve. But comparing them o a surprising solid unit last year brings hope to me.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast