Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings offensive line starting to earn its money

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings offensive line starting to earn its money

basically the end of the article summed it all up.. they're going to have a hell of a test vs the giants D-Line, if they can limit strahan and Umenyiora, then i'll be impressed

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Lord knows I was pretty hard on them and the OL Coach early on in the season, however, they are looking better but this snippet says it all......

They still have plenty of work to do in the passing game. They allowed three sacks last week against Oakland and have allowed 27 in 10 games this season.
    Lets hope they bring thier A game and CT runs all over thier asses today.
    That will slow the pass rush down my friends.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

We need to keep the Giants off-balance, and not be predictable. We must run the ball, but have to use some play-action on first and second downs to keep them honest. The o-line must protect the edge rush, and we have to give them help when we can. Tarvaris must make his reads and deliver the ball on time with accuracy.

The Offensive line started to jell when they named Herrera the starter. The cohesion continue's to grow, and they are hitting their stride. A road win in New York would be a big, big step in the maturation of this team, and that o-line.

MNgriff is offline Rookie

Running the ball effectively on first and second down is the key for sure. If the vikes get into third and long situations then the g-men will employ the 4 DEs and get pressure from any and all angles. I think that if we get into a third and long situation the vikes don't have any chance of providing reasonable protection.
    My hope is they let the backs make the D pay. My guess is they'll leave the back in to block on every passing situation, but with CT and Moore why not use them in screens and swings or use them in the flats as a safety valve? I think we can all see the giants defensive game plan weeks before the game started; stack the box and keep consistent pressure on T-jack and force him make the throws with lineman in his face to beat them. I don't think he can do it. If I start to see 5 step drops I'm going to loose another cell phone to a brick wall.
    Skol