Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings Offense making progress.....

Since NFL free agency began, there are two words I've never strung together to assess offseason moves by the Vikings. Here, for the first time, are those words: I'm impressed.
    New coach Brad Childress is constructing a West Coast offense that could have defensive coordinators chain-popping antacids.
    The defense, well, that still needs work, but the offense is coming together nicely.
    Fans pouting over the trade of Daunte Culpepper should consider the acquisitions of guard Steve Hutchinson, running back Chester Taylor and fullback Tony Richardson as salves for the offense. Hutchinson is the best guard in the game. Richardson is one of the league's best blocking backs. Taylor was one of the league's best backup RBs.
    Need a tough yard? Just call a play for Taylor, who follows Richardson into the left side of the line, where Hutchinson and former Pro Bowl center Matt Birk clear a wide swath.
    Need second-and-short? The aforementioned players have the talent to make that happen, too.
    "I'm ecstatic about Hutchinson,' Birk said. "And we're bringing in fullbacks and running backs. It looks like we're going to pound the ball. As an offensive lineman, that's what you like."
    And if the running game is moving the chains, life becomes that much easier for Brad Johnson and the passing game.
    "The more balance you can get, the more success you can have," Birk said. "And the more dangerous you can become."
    Now, if the Vikings ever get around to improving the defense, I'll string together these three words for the first time: I'm really impressed.
    Bob Sansevere can be reached at [email protected]

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Vikings Offense making progress.....

well we are working on the defense by bringing in tank today, and signing leber..hopefully we can get a nickle back, and then some nice draft picks at LB, and we will be set
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

"VikingNed" wrote:
    Since NFL free agency began, there are two words I've never strung together to assess offseason moves by the Vikings. Here, for the first time, are those words I'm impressed.
    New coach Brad Childress is constructing a West Coast offense that could have defensive coordinators chain-popping antacids.
    The defense, well, that still needs work, but the offense is coming together nicely.
    Fans pouting over the trade of Daunte Culpepper should consider the acquisitions of guard Steve Hutchinson, running back Chester Taylor and fullback Tony Richardson as salves for the offense. Hutchinson is the best guard in the game. Richardson is one of the league's best blocking backs. Taylor was one of the league's best backup RBs.
    Need a tough yard? Just call a play for Taylor, who follows Richardson into the left side of the line, where Hutchinson and former Pro Bowl center Matt Birk clear a wide swath.
    Need second-and-short? The aforementioned players have the talent to make that happen, too.
    "I'm ecstatic about Hutchinson,' Birk said. "And we're bringing in fullbacks and running backs. It looks like we're going to pound the ball. As an offensive lineman, that's what you like."
    And if the running game is moving the chains, life becomes that much easier for Brad Johnson and the passing game.
    "The more balance you can get, the more success you can have," Birk said. "And the more dangerous you can become."
    Now, if the Vikings ever get around to improving the defense, I'll string together these three words for the first time I'm really impressed.
    nice one ned. but i think the defenseis plenty improved man. we don't need too many more since we signeed so much last year.

Go vikes!!

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

West Coast offense?? I hope we can handle it. But I do like our progress. The O-line is going to be tight, and that is a key. If the protection is shady, then we have no chance of making the WC (West Coast) offense work. Teams that have great protection up front can then establish a running game and that creates balance. But we are looking good.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

I have to agree with Ned's post..

we are really putting together a more rounded offence then just the heave ho qb and some stylish wr to nab it b4 someone else does.

I like the moves so far, lets hope they gel together quickly!! and not 3/4's the way through the season.

DigiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    Since NFL free agency began, there are two words I've never strung together to assess offseason moves by the Vikings. Here, for the first time, are those words I'm impressed.
    Now, if the Vikings ever get around to improving the defense, I'll string together these three words for the first time I'm really impressed.
    nice one ned. but i think the defenseis plenty improved man. we don't need too many more since we signeed so much last year.
    LB's that fit the system (probably just 1 more, in the draft), and a safety (tank i hope will sign today)..we are also short another experienced CB
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

I am so excited for the year to start, it is going to be a great year. Hopefully we can get Tank also

Thanks PurpleMafia

DogPound is offline Rookie

The good thing about the Cover 2 is that you can have "no name" linebackers who are athletic and can cover and they will fit the system very well. So that helps us in the draft and as far as our salary cap goes ...our D-line is great my only worry is that it usually requires speed at both ends of the line and Udeze is more of a dual threat at end he can play both the run and rush the passer but speed is not his best asset..Im sure he'll do fine but just a little worry I have.
    ~ I BLEED PURPLE!! ~

badbois is offline Pro-Bowler

I haven't read the paper for a few days and was checking out some old articles when I saw that daunte asked for a playbook and was never given one. what happened to the talk of pep getting and mysterious laptop with all the plays that was never opened.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast