Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BigBen is offline Training Camp

Re: Vikings offense in the last 6 games

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    Do any of you steelers guy know how bad Ben's thumb is? I heard that their is a chip of bone that got takin off. Also I heard that he can't throw the ball farther than 40 yards. So what exactly is wrong with his thumb?
    They are not really saying...he said (before the Chicago game) that he couldn't throw for more than 40yds. He did have a lot of velocity on the ball last week and was pretty accurate. Being that the game is indoors will help him, but he is still planning on wearing a glove to help give it support.

Gift is offline Coordinator

Honestly our offense isn't playing as good as I'ld like but... The "D" just keeps getting better. I am loving our new D/ball control team & am looking forward to the test pitt represents.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

"eastcoastvikes" wrote:
    Ok I'll give all the info you could ask for
    Lions Game
    MIN 30: 2 seconds left
    Giants Game failed to score on picks starting at
    NYG 17: Edinger misses kick.. not really the O's fault
    MIN 45: This is a place they have to cash in.. ONE missed opportunity
    MIN 29: 4 minutes to go.. you aren't trying to score just run clock
    GB game
    MIN 31: This is the drive where the phantom holding call got a 3rd and 2 run that put the ball down to the GB 20 got called back.. the offense did the job
    Cleveland game
    MIN 32: Not bad field position but you aren't going to score every time from here
    MIN 2: Any questions?
    Lions Take 2
    MIN 2 52 seconds left
    Rams Game
    MIN 37: Again probably a place you should be cashing in.. call it 2 missed opportunities
    MIN 20: 9 Minutes left 14 point lead.. they are running clock not looking for a quick score.. plus this is not automatic
    MIN 20: 20 seconds left

so there ya go.. they failed on 2 drives that started closer than their own 32... wow thats horrible! Can't argue with the facts.
    How is starting on the Giants 17 and going 3 and out not the offenses fault????

Then you want to say they are trying to run out the clock at the 3:48 mark, they run 3 plays and punt at 3:29 and give the ball back to the giants. Your offense had 146 total yeards (at least you admit it about the one from the 45).

Then you want to bring in phantom holding calls to help make your case?

It's not that you are just not scoring...there are a lot of 3 and outs causing your defense to go right back on the field. Most of these teams have very bad run defenses and your offense had problems moving the ball. The rams held you to at least 2 "3 and outs" after interceptions and stopped your offense after a 61 yd kickoff return.

You can try to make it smell like a rose all you want...

"BigBen" wrote:
    This was not phantom, it was an attempt by the refs to keep the game close (a theme Im seeing more & more of). The replay showed no offense. That is the only statement you made I can contest.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

"Gift" wrote:
    Honestly our offense isn't playing as good as I'ld like but... The "D" just keeps getting better. I am loving our new D/ball control team & am looking forward to the test pitt represents.
    I haven't seen the vikings games over the last 6 weeks so I was just making an observation based on the game results. I am not saying that will or will not continue sunday, but as I made a post earlier in the week...I think for the vikings to win this game, they will have to do it by doing things that they haven't done over the past 6 games and that gets risky when a team has to change from what made it turn things around in the first place.

The steelers are a little bigger up front so if your offense doesn't move the ball, that could spell trouble for your defense late in the game as they get tired out. That is usually when the bus gets most of his yards (and when he is usually fresh since he doesnt start).

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"TIMEsteelersfan" wrote:
    There's not much they can say to that post Big Ben. That's great work.
    That is the style of football that we have been playing. A style that is unsexy, like Steeler football. I would think that you would be more appreciative of this style. It isn't smash mouth running, but it is conservative. Johnson has been managing the game and taking what the other team gives him. When he has had to, he has passed and taken risks. But those risks are few and far between, plus they are calculated risks. That is how we are playing, that is how we have been winning.

As a fan, I have been wanting to see more offense, but it is what it is. Brad and the coaching staff are playing the game in this fashion. We are relying on a great young punter and our special teams to do their job. We are then relying on the D to do their job. We are counting on winning the battle of field position.

I don't think that we have been down much, playing from behind, in this win streak. There has been no need to play any different. When we were down, Brad and the O picked it up.

I managed to formulate 3 paragraphs.

eastcoastvikes is offline Starter

All I'm saying is that you act like the offense isn't scoring at times when it should be automatic... look at the field position and it hasn't been any better than where a team averages starting after a punt when they don't score.. guess what it happens! Meanwhile the Giants drive you reference cost them all 3 of their timeouts... thats part of the strategy of a game.. yes the offense didn't execute real well that day but the Giants have one of the best D's in the league and were on fire coming in that day. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap. Has the O struggled a bit on long drives? Sure. Have they been doing enough to win? Yes. Last I checked that was all that mattered. I just put these stats out there since you told me that the failures had been on drives that started closer than I thought and was proving that I had the stats to back me up.

Sig courtesy of josdin00

"Gift" wrote:
    "BigBen" wrote:
    This was not phantom, it was an attempt by the refs to keep the game close (a theme Im seeing more & more of). The replay showed no offense. That is the only statement you made I can contest.
    I didn't see the game so I can't really comment...only that it sounded a little odd putting the blame on the refs.

Yeah, I have to agree ben. I think the vikes D will do really well this week and give the offense chances to win this game. But if the offense doesnt capitalise (which has been a problem) and we find ourselves behind our tired D will probably get run over. On the flip side, if the steelers fall behind our DB's will eat ben up.

Bottom line, Vikes get ahead early we win.

"BigBen" wrote:
    "Gift" wrote:
    "BigBen" wrote:
    I didn't see the game so I can't really comment...only that it sounded a little odd putting the blame on the refs.
    off topic, the "penalty" turned a first and goal at the 15 with only 3 minutes left, into a 3rd and 18 at about the 50. Insted of the vikes winning by about 10, it took a last second field goal.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast