singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings’ offense gains pieces

Vikings’ offense gains pieces

Vikings

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Decent article. I am excited to see what Childs can do this year. Musgrave makes a good point when he says that a torn patellar tendon normally takes 15-18 months to completely heal. Childs suffered the injury on Oct 30, 2010,*so he was just getting back to 100% in time for the draft. If everything turns out like I think it might, he is going to be the steal of the draft.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    WR Jerome Simpson
    Best-case scenario: Continuing to grow more confident and more consistent, Simpson locks down his role as the starting split end and improves on a breakout 2011 season during which he had 50 catches for 725 yards with four touchdowns in Cincinnati.
    Worst-case scenario: After serving a 15-day jail sentence in April in connection with a drug charge, Simpson can’t stay out of trouble off the field. And even if he can, his tendency to drop balls surfaces too often.
    You should know: Musgrave can’t rave enough about how valuable Simpson’s speed will be on the outside. On top of that, the offensive coordinator already senses the rapport building between Simpson and Ponder. “I think they sense we’re going to give both of them a chance to make a ton of plays,” he said.
    Musgrave’s musing: “We need somebody with juice like that playing the split end. With the way I think we can run the football, defenses are going to try to take away the run. And we want to make them pay for that through the air.”
    Thanks for the read my friend.

This is exactly why I'm willing to give ole Musgrove one more chance. As much as I hated to watch the Multi-TE approach to everything last year, there wasn't much else the guy could do.

Between Simpson and Childs, he has more than enough to exploit what should be open on 6, 7, 8 and 9 routes.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    Good read but there are a lot of ifs .... but I'm a glass is half full kind of guy ....