Thread: Vikings offense

Vikings offense

Okay guys it's been a while since i've last posted here, and i'm a skins fan.
    I was wondering what you guys are gonna do at reciever this year.
    Sidney Rice is tight no doubt but he will have to adjust and beside TW i don't think you guys have much going for you.
    Also, why are you guys so sold AP will make such a huge immediate impact? last i checked he might not even start over chester taylor.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings offense

Well we all know that the receivers are a questionmark with the Vikings. We'll just have to see how they all develop over the training camp and preseason. After all, there's a lot of young talent that'll have opportunities to step up.

As for AP they'll find some ways to use both him and Chester Taylor. We all hope he can make an impact, but of course it's not a given that he'll make immediate impact in his rookie year.

All in all we're in for an exciting season with the Vikings. It could be tough, but at least we have teams like the Redskins on our schedule, that should be a W

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

YUP, I believe AD will have a very productive year for us.
    Not only will he get attempts, yards etc, those will translate into CT not wearing down on us like he did last year.
    Throw in the Right side of the OL stabalizing a bit and I see teams having a tough time stopping our running attack.

As far as WR your right.
    On paper ther doesn't appear to be alot for you to worry about if you are one of those kinds of guys who is sold on "Proven" "Big Name" free agent kinds of guys that the Redskins like to sign.

Hows that working for ya?

;D

On the Right side side it looks like they will line up like this from what we've seen out of the OTA's B. Wade, B. McMullen, J. Carter, C. Williams with T. Williamson and his strengthened eye, M. Nance, S. Rice, and A. Allison on the left side.
    Again pretty early in the process to see who is gonna start/make the team.

The all appear to fit the WCO.
    Young of course, but should be exciting to watch them mature this year.

When I look at what Snyder and company have on Defense for you guys (Including good old Smoot) I really don't see us doing any worse than we did against you last year.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/...Id=16&team=was

Your defense only had 19 Sacks, 6 Ints

YDS RUSH PASS PTS TOT RUSH PASS PEN MADE ATT PCT MADE ATT PCT
    Offensive

37.4 6

13 46.2
    Opponents 356

43.7 6

9 66.7

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/stats?team=was
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

First, I want to thank you for coming in and posting.
    I always like it when fans of opposing teams come in and post.

I won't sit here and say it will be an automatic win for the Vikings against Wash.
    However, we did win last year and I believe they have upgraded since (provided they stay healthy).
    I know last year has nothing to do with this year.
    I think if the right side of the line does better this year and Jackson has time to throw, the Vikings may surprise teams this year.
    We were only one or two plays from winning a lot of games that were lost last year.
    If (and that's a big if) the Vikings cut down on penalties and actually catch the ball teams may have a difficult time with the young talent.
    Smoot may help you because he knows some of the offense.
    It should be a good game.

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

to say the least its gonna be intersting to see how The Vikes do this year, all the nw pieces they went out and added via free agency and the draft, they should have a very productive season and begin the turnaround this franchise so justly deserves.
    MMLV
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY