singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings: Not so tough

[size=13pt]Not so tough[/size]

Monday, June 4th, 2007 by Judd Zulgad

Long-time Vikings fans often talk about braving the icy conditions at old Met Stadium and how they were tough souls.
    While this might be true, not one Vikings game made the NFL Network’s top 10 list for contests played in bad weather. The network will debut this 60-minute show at 8 p.m. Wednesday. Here are the 10 the NFL picked. The list, which comes from a press release, is in chronological order. No. 1 will be announced on the show......

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings: Not so tough

– 1967 NFL Championship, Dallas Cowboys vs. Green Bay Packers: The legendary “Ice Bowl” was played in the “ice-bucket chill of a cold Wisconsin winter.” The temperature was minus-13 and the wind chill was a bitter negative-46. The Packers defeated Dallas 21-17 on Bart Starr’s 1-yard touchdown run with 13 seconds left.
    What a suprise
    :

This doesn't have anything to do with the "Not so Tough" thing but if you read further down, there are minicamp notes. The one thing that kept sticking out to me is that t-will apparently has made alot of improvement. Example:
    – It’s too early to get excited about anything but receiver Troy Williamson does look like an improved player. He made one of the best catches of the day Friday against veteran cornerback Antoine Winfield. Williamson, falling to the ground after being bumped by Winfield, still managed to catch a 50-yard pass from Tarvaris Jackson. The most impressive thing was Williamson’s concentration on the play.
    50 yards!!! I get excited just thinking about it...

more:
    – Troy Williamson had the catch of the day when he made a leaping grab of a Jackson pass in the corner of the end zone (think Marcus Robinson) during 7-on-7 drills.
    there were a few more examples as well. Another thing that I saw was that not only did Brooks Bollinger get to play in the 7-on-7, so did Drew Henson. So I think we read a little too far into it when we saw Bollinger was playing with the first team. I think they were just rotating in.
    "God has blessed me tremendously. I'd be a fool to complain."
    "From what I understand, the coaches will put the best 11 on the field."
    -Tyrell Johnson

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The fact that we have had a domed stadium has certainly not helped our cause for the last nearly quarter century.
    There have certainly been times when we would have been on that list had we played outdoors.

Don't you think that if we had an outdoor stadium , that the Monday night game against the bears after the Halloween blizzard would have put us there? That was a heck of a storm.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

The Super Bowl was played at the Metrodome in 1992.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"vikes_4_life_42" wrote:
    This doesn't have anything to do with the "Not so Tough" thing but if you read further down, there are minicamp notes. The one thing that kept sticking out to me is that t-will apparently has made alot of improvement. Example:
    – It’s too early to get excited about anything but receiver Troy Williamson does look like an improved player. He made one of the best catches of the day Friday against veteran cornerback Antoine Winfield. Williamson, falling to the ground after being bumped by Winfield, still managed to catch a 50-yard pass from Tarvaris Jackson. The most impressive thing was Williamson’s concentration on the play.
    50 yards!!! I get excited just thinking about it...

more:
    – Troy Williamson had the catch of the day when he made a leaping grab of a Jackson pass in the corner of the end zone (think Marcus Robinson) during 7-on-7 drills.
    there were a few more examples as well. Another thing that I saw was that not only did Brooks Bollinger get to play in the 7-on-7, so did Drew Henson. So I think we read a little too far into it when we saw Bollinger was playing with the first team. I think they were just rotating in.
    Pay attention guys...now you know how to get vikes42's juices flowing!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    The fact that we have had a domed stadium has certainly not helped our cause for the last nearly quarter century.
    There have certainly been times when we would have been on that list had we played outdoors.

Don't you think that if we had an outdoor stadium , that the Monday night game against the bears after the Halloween blizzard would have put us there? That was a heck of a storm.

We played twenty years at the met & went to 4 superbowls (3 times in 4 years) playing outdoors & we aren't on that list.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

We played twenty years at the met & went to 4 superbowls (3 times in 4 years) playing outdoors & we aren't on that list.
    Then I guess we played the wrong 20 outdoors.
    The Halloween MNF game would have made it without a doubt.
    ;D