Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings not as good 'on paper' after losing Harvin, Winfield

Vikings not as good 'on paper' after losing Harvin, Winfield

Read more: Vikings not as good 'on paper' after losing Harvin, Winfield - KMSP-TV Vikings not as good 'on paper' after losing Harvin, Winfield - KMSP-TV

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    When you lose the biggest playmaker on both sides of the ball, it will impact the team. Trick is, can we overcome?

Too often we claim we're better after losing a superstart (moss, Culpepper, Moss again), and it's simply not true. Hopefully we can make the next step now.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    If you consider Winfield to be the biggest playmaker on the defense you will have to excuse me while I laugh my ass off.And if you think Harvin is a bigger playmaker then the reigning league MVP I better just laugh one butt cheek off for each one.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    How good were we "on paper" before last season?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    If the Sea Hawks go to the SB this year then I suppose this statement is true. Its really hard to tell until we see our top draft picks play in real NFL games.

WWBGD

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Pretty strange statement in general. Yea, we lost two good players, but we added a number of new players, younger players have more experience, some are coming off injuries, ......

Not sure what the paper comment means.

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Pretty strange statement in general. Yea, we lost two good players, but we added a number of new players, younger players have more experience, some are coming off injuries, ......

Not sure what the paper comment means.
    Foolishness... What would you rather have, a corner that is 36 years old, has lost his ability to cover receivers, or a first round 6'1 200 pound first round talent?

As for Harvin, yes he was a playmaker, but he is really not a typical number one. He is not a td machine, and he rarely rips off large yardage except returning kicks. What would you rather have, a player with a chip on his shoulder that is injury prone, or a bonifide number one in Jennings, and a first round draft pick talent who is 6'2 210 pound freak who will be a bonifide star in the return game, and has sky is the limit potential as a receiver who as a baby with no experience came to a major program and turned heads and produced? I'll take the latter especially when considering we are on a youth movement .

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Foolishness... What would you rather have, a corner that is 36 years old, has lost his ability to cover receivers, or a first round 6'1 200 pound first round talent?
    Vikings tried, they offered him more money than Seattle... he just wanted to leave. Can't blame the Vikings for that.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Well thank God football games aren't played 'on paper'...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    HA! I honestly think the Vikings got BETTER 'on paper' after losing Harvin and Winfield. To me, it's just a simple math.

- Harvin (injury prone, locker cancer, never been a Pro Bowl receiver)
    + Greg Jennings (previous Pro Bowl receiver, great character, not as old as people think and may have many years left in him)
    + Cordarelle Patterson (Best receiver on many people's board in 2013 Draft, physical talent similar to Harvin, but much younger and much better size)

- Winfield (36 year old, even more injury prone than Harvin)
    + Xavier Rhodes (#1 DB on many people's board in 2013 Draft, 23 years old and superior size)

And that's without mentioning all the other additions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast