Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Re: Are the Vikings the NFL's best team?

"V4L" wrote:
    Other corner Kelvin Hayden is supposed to miss up to a month as well hahaha
    I'm not thrilled with laughing at someone's injury, unless the guy is a dickhead.
    I'd be pissed if someone laughed if a Viking went down.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Best team? Thats such a vague word.
    Are the Vikings going to go all the way to the Super Bowl?
    Yes, yes they are.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"gagarr" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Other corner Kelvin Hayden is supposed to miss up to a month as well hahaha
    I'm not thrilled with laughing at someone's injury, unless the guy is a dickhead.
    I'd be pissed if someone laughed if a Viking went down.

Laughin at the Colts

Not at the individual injuries

Just kinda funny to me that 3/4 of their starting secondary is hurt

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

I'd say we are the best all around team but that doesn't mean that we are the best team right now.
    We are solid in all facets of the game, but the Saints pass game is unbelievable and they cause turnovers like its nobody's business.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

one of the best right now? Yes. The best team, no, but I also don't know if teh Colts and Saints can say the same thing either

SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    I'll give her a listen at home My Farvish Friend.

When Antoine Winfield returns
    I hope we do get better when he returns.
    My guess, we weren't that much better when he was in, why would we all of a sudden get instantly better?

:
    We were though, a lot better. Flacco had his run because he was out, we need him for the blitz and the tackling. He is the best tackling CB in the NFL.

SharperImage42

This is definitely hard to say, because it's too early, and the Vikings are known for crumbling later in the season (4 superbowls, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2007).

HOWEVER, no players from the '98 team are still here since Birk is gone, and it's obvious that the Vikings are doing well at every dimension. There's too much talent and skill for this team to not go far.

ALSO, In order for the Vikings to not be the best team in the NFC, they'd have to fall apart, but here's what keeps each part of our team in check, and the probability that they fail in every area is very slim:

QB: Brett Favre (We all know this guy does wonders, but also knows exactly what he's doing)
    RB: Adrian Peterson (This guy has a big heart and even bigger quads to keep him flyin down the field)
    WR: Sidney Rice (Our first big WR in a long time who's making plays for big gains)
    D-Line: Jared Allen (Fumbles, Safety's, and Sacks.....oh, my)
    O-Line: Hutchinson (great at his job, nuff said)
    K: Ryan Longwell (I have so much faith in this guy to make kicks from 50+ when it counts)

When 2 or more of these areas give up, then the Vikings are not the best team in the NFC.
    Sean Saunders

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"CulpepperViking16" wrote:
    This is definitely hard to say, because it's too early, and the Vikings are known for crumbling later in the season (4 superbowls, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2007).

HOWEVER, no players from the '98 team are still here since Birk is gone, and it's obvious that the Vikings are doing well at every dimension. There's too much talent and skill for this team to not go far.

ALSO, In order for the Vikings to not be the best team in the NFC, they'd have to fall apart, but here's what keeps each part of our team in check, and the probability that they fail in every area is very slim:

QB: Brett Favre (We all know this guy does wonders, but also knows exactly what he's doing)
    RB: Adrian Peterson (This guy has a big heart and even bigger quads to keep him flyin down the field)
    WR: Sidney Rice (Our first big WR in a long time who's making plays for big gains)
    D-Line: Jared Allen (Fumbles, Safety's, and Sacks.....oh, my)
    O-Line: Hutchinson (great at his job, nuff said)
    K: Ryan Longwell (I have so much faith in this guy to make kicks from 50+ when it counts)

When 2 or more of these areas give up, then the Vikings are not the best team in the NFC.
    Even though we have talked about Brett Favre and our offense alot I always am more thankful for one thing.
    Just imagine where this team would be without Jared Allen.
    I have my doubts if we would have won both if one of he Green Bay game without him roaming around in the backfield.
    Not to mention on a week to week basis causing fumbles, getting safeties, and stuffing the RB.
    The man gets so much focus on him but still keeps putting pressure on the QB.
    Without that pressure I think we wouldn't even have a shot at 7-1 this season, teams would just be rolling over us passing the ball, especially with Winfield out.

Edit: Uhhh, I know I read that somewhere but apparently quoted the wrong post...........woops.

BRANflakes69 is offline Rookie

I definatley agree w/ all....If we were put up against the saints, cause they are our biggest challenge in teh nfc, we would win. I think our defense would come out on top and our offense would over welm they're defense, I think they would put numbers up, but they're defense is not as good as they are on paper.

BRANflakes69 is offline Rookie

Oh and since I can not post a topic because of the crazy amount of pop ups i recieve im going to let you know that it is ridiculous. Pet health library?! IM TRYING TO POST A TOPIC AND EVERY TIME I TRY TO PUT THE CURSOR IN THE SUBJECT IT BRINGS UP A WHOLE NEW LINK!!! HELP A BROTHER OUT WILL YA?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast