Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

Vikings are NFL's 5th best rushing attack

I like the guys at Scouts Inc., so I'm glad they ranked us so high.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=2926897&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos1&actio n=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.c om%2fnfl%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d2926897%2 6lpos%3dspotlight%26lid%3dtab2pos1

5. Minnesota Vikings
    When new head coach Brad Childress went to Minnesota last season, you could see there would be a major emphasis on running. The Vikings' offensive line underachieved a little last season, but with a year to gel, it should be one of the best units in the NFL in 2007. With barely tested Tarvaris Jackson at quarterback, the Vikings once again will focus on the ground game behind starting RB Chester Taylor. Taylor joined Minnesota as an unrestricted free agent after the 2005 season and in his first season as a starter showed he could carry the load as the No. 1 runner. This season he will get some help in that area from rookie first-round pick Adrian Peterson, who dropped right into the Vikings' lap on draft day. These two have a chance to be one of the top duos in the NFL in 2007. Taylor is exceptional out of the backfield catching the ball and Peterson is an excellent inside runner who can get the tough yards. Throw in Mewelde Moore, Ciatrick Fason and Artose Pinner, who played well late in the season, and the Vikings have the deepest running back unit in the NFL.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Vikings are NFL's 5th best rushing attack

5. Minnesota Vikings
    When new head coach Brad Childress went to Minnesota last season, you could see there would be a major emphasis on running. The Vikings' offensive line underachieved a little last season, but with a year to gel, it should be one of the best units in the NFL in 2007. With barely tested Tarvaris Jackson at quarterback, the Vikings once again will focus on the ground game behind starting RB Chester Taylor. Taylor joined Minnesota as an unrestricted free agent after the 2005 season and in his first season as a starter showed he could carry the load as the No. 1 runner. This season he will get some help in that area from rookie first-round pick Adrian Peterson, who dropped right into the Vikings' lap on draft day. These two have a chance to be one of the top duos in the NFL in 2007. Taylor is exceptional out of the backfield catching the ball and Peterson is an excellent inside runner who can get the tough yards. Throw in Mewelde Moore, Ciatrick Fason and Artose Pinner, who played well late in the season, and the Vikings have the deepest running back unit in the NFL.
    I think they are right on. But a running game alone will not win many games. I do like that last line. I hope they can get mewelde in the game because he is probably our best pass catching running back. I don't know where they get that Taylor is an exceptional pass catcher, did he put up big recieving numbers last year? He should do better this year because he won't take every carry.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

That was a good read.
    I see no reason why we cannot be a top five or maybe a top 3 rushing team.
    I don't believe there was a major emphasis on running the ball last year.
    Last we the thread was posted where we passed it 55% and ran 45% of the time.
    That to me does not show a major emphasis on running the football.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"vikingivan" wrote:
    That was a good read.
    I could see our running game sucking IF our passing game blows ass.
    If the receivers continue to struggle with catching the damn football, and TJack struggles as a raw near rookie QB than opposing Ds will just stack the box and make things difficult for our RBs.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

If we can add in some semblance of a passing game this season, we could have one heck of an offense to pair with our defense...which WILL be better than last year!

Look out, NFL...here come the VIKINGS!!!

I am a bit surprised that Carolina isn't in the top 10...with DeShawn Foster and DeAngelo Williams, the DePanthers should be pretty SOLID on the ground.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    That was a good read.
    If the
    receivers continue to struggle with catching the damn football, and TJack struggles as a raw near rookie QB than opposing Ds will just stack the box and make things difficult for our RBs.
    What do you think defenses did last year? They'll do it all over again, but instead of wearing down one guy, we'll have two good running backs to kick their asses with.

Let them stack the box, we won't put up as big of rushing numbers, but the passing game will be more successful.

"Mr" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    That was a good read.
    If the
    receivers continue to struggle with catching the damn football, and TJack struggles as a raw near rookie QB than opposing Ds will just stack the box and make things difficult for our RBs.
    What do you think defenses did last year? They'll do it all over again, but instead of wearing down one guy, we'll have two good running backs to kick their asses with.

Let them stack the box, we won't put up as big of rushing numbers, but the passing game will be more successful.
    In simplified theory, yes...

But if our WRs can't hold onto the damn ball and our QB can't get the ball to them before he goes down or is hurried, we are going to have other problems

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

We'll see what happens when the books are put away, and the real games are played.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

I don't want to come off as all pessimistic in regards to our running game.
    I'm actually pretty hopeful that it will be top 5.
    I'm just saying it's far from a sure thing like some people seem to think.

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    I don't know where they get that Taylor is an exceptional pass catcher, did he put up big recieving numbers last year? He should do better this year because he won't take every carry.
    No big numbers, but he caught everything thrown his way while Moore took 468 recieving yards.
    I have heard him likened to Westbrook before.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast