Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings the NFL’s Best at Several Positions

[size=10pt]Vikings the NFL’s Best at Several Positions[/size]

Posted by Chris Boynton

Take a look at the roster. Make the comparisons. The Vikings are absolutely stacked at several positions....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings the NFL’s Best at Several Positions

First, what I liked from the article:

Chad Greenway is fast becoming one of the better outside linebackers in the league with his excellent combination of speed and range.
    FINALLY!!! Someone recognise the talent we have on the right outside linebacker position. I absolutely loved Greenway's performance last season and in my opinion, he was Pro Bowl worthy.

Back up running back Chester Taylor is as good of a back up runner you will find. A definite starter on about 20 NFL teams right now.
    Damn right he is!

I have been think the same. The Vikings DO have many of the best players at each positions, or at least in the top 5.

Best player in the NFL at their position:
    RB: Adrian Peterson (no brainer, don't know why the author mentions LaDanian Tomlinson, he isn't even in the top 5 anymore)
    G: Steve Hutchinson
    DT: Kevin Williams (I rank him highest at DT cause he is more durable and consistent than the other DT's)

Vikings players in the top 5 in NFL at their position:
    Jared Allen (ranking him lover that the top 5 would be an outrage.)
    Bryant McKinnie
    E.J. Henderson
    Antoine Winfield (might not be in the top 10 against the pass, but the best corner against the run. I love watching him play!)

Honorable mentions:
    Chad Greenway (he has only had one good year. I need to see another great year from him)
    Madieu Williams (same as with Chad Greenway. I need to see more...)

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

The Vikings are a stacked team, but we need to put it all together. Teams that win the superbowl go through seasons with very little injury and drama. Let's put it together this season boys!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

"HEY" wrote:

Chad Greenway is fast becoming one of the better outside linebackers in the league with his excellent combination of speed and range.
    FINALLY!!! Someone recognise the talent we have on the right outside linebacker position. I absolutely loved Greenway's performance last season and in my opinion, he was Pro Bowl worthy.

Back up running back Chester Taylor is as good of a back up runner you will find. A definite starter on about 20 NFL teams right now.
    Damn right he is!

I have been think the same. The Vikings DO have many of the best players at each positions, or at least in the top 5.

RB: Adrian Peterson (no brainer, don't know why the author mentions LaDanian Tomlinson, he isn't even in the top 5 anymore)
    DT: Kevin Williams (I rank him highest at DT cause he is more durable and consistent than the other DT's)

Bryant McKinnie
    E.J. Henderson
    Antoine Winfield (might not be in the top 10 against the pass, but the best corner against the run. I love watching him play!)

Honorable mentions:
    Chad Greenway (he has only had one good year. I need to see another great year from him)
    I like when Greenway gets mentioned too. Not that the Pro Bowl matters but he definitely deserved to go last season.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"HEY" wrote:

gol 'darnit right he is!

Bryant McKinnie
    E.J. Henderson

Honorable mentions:
    Huge Greenway fan.
    Course, as you said, he has only did it for one year but hey, what do you expect.
    He hasn't had that many years to be good.

Like all young players, it takes time.
    My guess is we haven't seen all that Chad can bring to the table yet.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"HEY" wrote:

Damn right he is!

Bryant McKinnie
    E.J. Henderson

Honorable mentions:
    trying to be as unbiased as possible here.

best at their position:
    AD
    KW
    Hutch
    Childress(just kidding)

top 5:
    Allen (i want to say best, but there are so many good DE"s out there, its hard to make an argument either way)
    EJ

top 10:
    Greenway
    McKinney
    Winfield

Greenway could very well be pushed up to top 5 or better in the next couple of seasons.
    I think he was a great pick for us, I'm excited to see where he'll go from here.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"HEY" wrote:
    Bryant McKinnie
    That's the purple haze talking right there.
    Never been to a Pro Bowl, never been an All-Pro and somehow he's top-5 in the NFL??

"Mount" McKinnie is a great nickname.
    Because he's big and slow-moving.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

HEY
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    Bryant McKinnie
    Never been to a Pro Bowl, never been an All-Pro and somehow he's top-5 in the NFL??

=Z=
    Okay... I might admit that I was a little biased on the McKinnie part, but I think it's a close one. He is right outside the top 5 in my opinion. Remember how he shut down the best defensive ends in the game? The giant can shure play when he really wants to.

Oh and by the way, he has been to a Pro Bowl.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"HEY" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    Bryant McKinnie

=Z=
    Okay... I might admit that I was a little biased on the McKinnie part, but I think it's a close one. He is right outside the top 5 in my opinion. Remember how he shut down the best defensive ends in the game? The giant can shure play when he really wants to.

Oh and by the way, he has been to a Pro Bowl.
    he's never been to a pro bowl.

i don't think he's top 5, but with some big names retiring/declining like Ogden or Pace, and him increasing the level of play last season, he can certainly make a case for himself.

HEY
    Blog Entries

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    he's never been to a pro bowl.
    Yes he has... and not only once, but twice.... as an alternate.
    However, the Pro Bowl doesn't meen much. I can name several players who shouldn't have gone to the Pro Bowl, but still got elected just because of their popularity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast