Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,160

    Vikings next Lakers?

    I see this like the Lakers getting rid of Shaq because Kobe wanted him out. Who will have the better team next year: us or the Raiders?

    Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

  2. #2
    VikesfaninGB's Avatar
    VikesfaninGB is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    23

    Re: Vikings next Lakers?

    "ADubya26" wrote:
    I see this like the Lakers getting rid of Shaq because Kobe wanted him out. Who will have the better team next year: us or the Raiders?

    The Vikes because the Raiders still don't have a RB, their D just got a little worse, they don't have a 1st round pick (assuming they don't get one if they trade Woodson), and they have cap problems. This is, of course, the owner(s) decide to spend some money early next week. They almost have to after trading Moss
    Lois: You re drunk again.
    Peter: No, I m just exhausted cause I ve been up all night drinking.

  3. #3
    zakvikes2k's Avatar
    zakvikes2k is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    153

    Vikings next Lakers?

    I believe you mean: Vikings next Heat? The Vikings WILL be better than the Raiders for years to come even if this trade goes through. Our team will be fine. The deal was just stupid, from the standpoint of: The Vikings have so much freakin' cap room, you don't need to send your best player packing....
    Things you would NEVER hear a Green Bay Packer fan say:
    1."No kids in the back of the pick-up, it s just not safe."
    2."I ll take Shakespeare for 1000, Alex."
    3."Duct tape won t fix that."
    4."Checkmate."
    5."Nope, no more for me. I m driving tonight."

  4. #4
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Vikings next Lakers?

    "VikesfaninGB" wrote:
    "ADubya26" wrote:
    I see this like the Lakers getting rid of Shaq because Kobe wanted him out. Who will have the better team next year: us or the Raiders?

    The Vikes because the Raiders still don't have a RB, their D just got a little worse, they don't have a 1st round pick (assuming they don't get one if they trade Woodson), and they have cap problems. This is, of course, the owner(s) decide to spend some money early next week. They almost have to after trading Moss
    Don't get your hopes up about spending money.

    We probably think our Defense is now fixed and we don't have to spend any money on any FAs.

    We will be better if we can open some holes for our RBs. If we can't run the ball, we could be screwed on O.

  5. #5
    XTAP59's Avatar
    XTAP59 is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    777

    Vikings next Lakers?

    Watch the Raiders trade Moss for players and draft picks before the draft. Moss will be in a Dallas uniform come september and the Raiders will reap the Moss benefits much better than Viking management did.

    LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,160

    Vikings next Lakers?

    Yeah a I agree Snowinapril. That is one of the things that pisses me off the most about this trade is that we did not really improve our D as much as we should have. Im not counting on Red to spend either...he probably things Dynamite and the 7th will be enough.

    Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

  7. #7
    VikesfaninGB's Avatar
    VikesfaninGB is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    23

    Re: Vikings next Lakers?

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "VikesfaninGB" wrote:
    "ADubya26" wrote:
    I see this like the Lakers getting rid of Shaq because Kobe wanted him out. Who will have the better team next year: us or the Raiders?

    The Vikes because the Raiders still don't have a RB, their D just got a little worse, they don't have a 1st round pick (assuming they don't get one if they trade Woodson), and they have cap problems. This is, of course, the owner(s) decide to spend some money early next week. They almost have to after trading Moss
    Don't get your hopes up about spending money.

    We probably think our Defense is now fixed and we don't have to spend any money on any FAs.




    We will be better if we can open some holes for our RBs. If we can't run the ball, we could be screwed on O.

    I'm definitely not getting my hopes up. I'm just optimistic that there is some sort of method to the madness
    Lois: You re drunk again.
    Peter: No, I m just exhausted cause I ve been up all night drinking.

  8. #8
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Vikings next Lakers?

    I shouldn't have put it that way.

    I should have said, "don't be surprised when"

    The slap in the face, is by the Vikes and not the media.

    It may be justified by "we had to be covert about it so we could get the best deal."

    But my counter to that would be "What Best Deal?"

    The worst part about this is we have to wait so long to get any reward out of this trade. We have to wait and see how Dynamite plays next season before we can get any satisfaction about it. The Raiders are all excited, as would we. They don't have to wait until next year. They have there satisfaction already.

  9. #9
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,779

    Vikings next Lakers?

    "XTAP59" wrote:
    Watch the Raiders trade Moss for players and draft picks before the draft. Moss will be in a Dallas uniform come september and the Raiders will reap the Moss benefits much better than Viking management did.
    That wouldn't surprise me in the least; probably use the Raider pick on somebody that doesn’t want to play football as well. Underwood II the sequel.

    I feel ukeright:

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    78

    Vikings next Lakers?

    There will be an air of uncertainty to fully evaluate the trade for a month and half until the draft comes. Then we'll have an idea of the value the Vikes got in return.. Hopefully we will have some good news of Vikings FA acquisitions in the month before draft day.
    fe4c0bdee276bad61c4dc5468ded7032

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NBA Finals - Magic vs Lakers
    By Tad7 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 10:51 PM
  2. Lakers top Suns to take 3-1 lead
    By pepper 0n moss in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 11:51 AM
  3. Lakers win!
    By iowaviking in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-20-2006, 02:02 PM
  4. Lakers suck!
    By vikingsalltheway in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-30-2004, 02:32 AM
  5. Medvendenko on the lakers
    By vikingsalltheway in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-31-2004, 12:04 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •