Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678 16 ... LastLast
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Anglo you have to understand that many players have performance based contracts. That is where the real money is for them. Playing in the snow and ice and freezing temps limits their abilities and the play calling. They all want stats that give them a chance at the HOF. Those stats are big time reduced in crappy weather conditions. Same goes for coaches. It is not about being macho man it is about ability to perform. Watching games in bad weather is fun for fans in their living rooms but not that great for players fighting frost bite.

WWBGD

Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    I think the article is right. Take a look outside today and ask yourself how many coaches and players want to be standing outside at the U of M stadium at the end of the year trying to make the playoffs. The next couple of years for the Vikes are going to be tough signing FA players and coaches.
    Then they are pussies and don't deserve to be a Viking. I remember watching the Vikes play at the old Met on bitterly cold days like today and feeling proud to be a Viking fan. Tough like no other and Bud right there with them.

Those pussies can find a job somewhere else, imo. I don't' want them.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Dibbzz is offline Starter
    Report: Frazier is out: Report: Frazier is out | ProFootballTalk

I'm hoping we sign David Shaw as our next head coach. He's really done well at Stanford since Harbaugh left and has the Cardinal in the Rose Bowl (assuming he doesn't take the Texas coaching job).

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    I think the article is right. Take a look outside today and ask yourself how many coaches and players want to be standing outside at the U of M stadium at the end of the year trying to make the playoffs. The next couple of years for the Vikes are going to be tough signing FA players and coaches.
    Yeah that's a great point. If I was a player with a few options, the next couple years in Minnesota would be towards the bottom of my list.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    A lot of you younger fans don't remember why the dome was built. We went to play offs and even to the Super Bowl in the Grant days but always came up short. The argument was that at the end of the year our ability to prepare for games was greatly reduced. You probably don't remember that they used to load the team up on a plane and fly them to warmer climates to practice during the week because the Met field was a solid sheet of fucking ice. Not only was it difficult to practice there it also risked injury to players. Its not about being pussies. Football is a field sport not the winter Olympics. As I said before it may be fun for you out in freezing cold with your parka on but out on the field wet and cold and having to catch your wind it is not fun.
    Last edited by RK.; 12-30-2013 at 08:12 AM.

WWBGD

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    NFL Trade Rumors - Vikings Fire HC Leslie Frazier NFL Trade Rumors - |

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Broncos DC Jack Del Rio and OC Adam Gase are both candidates for the Vikings’ job.
    Vikings have reportedly also reached out to Penn State HC Bill O’Brien and offenseive coordinators Jay Gruden and Darrell Bevell have also been mentioned as speculative options as well.
    Not sure about the Broncos coordinators, mostly just riding the Peyton train to victories.

Bill O'Brien seems to be a hot commodity both NFL and college, MN probably has a hard time landing him.

Please just say no to Bevell.

That leaves Seed of Chucky ---or is that "Same Seed as Chucky". He did win two arena bowls as HC.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    NFL Trade Rumors - Vikings Fire HC Leslie Frazier NFL Trade Rumors - |

Not sure about the Broncos coordinators, mostly just riding the Peyton train to victories.

Bill O'Brien seems to be a hot commodity both NFL and college, MN probably has a hard time landing him.

Please just say no to Bevell.

That leaves Seed of Chucky ---or is that "Same Seed as Chucky". He did win two arena bowls as HC.
    Honestly don't want any of those guys.

Find it funny how a coach like O'Brien and Gase simply coached great QBs (Brady and Manning respectively...) and then become HC options. Seems like every other team in the NFL would see right through this, except for our ownership.

I'd rather have Mike Zimmer or Lovie Smith to be honest... but we're really just picking leftovers at this point. Same with selecting a QB in the draft.

Honestly don't see the Vikes being good for the next 7-10 seasons.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

PInfante97 is offline Rookie
    Heard Bevellis high on Spielman's list

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer
    So as of now we are requesting the interviews of Todd Bowels, Dan Quinn, and Darrell Bevell

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...81829081391104

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/sta...85715305365504

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/s...97398753447936

Bowels is one we can hire right away or we'd be waiting for Seattle to lose.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Vikings have no franchise QB and a slim chance of finding one in the draft or free agency. They can't patch all their holes on defense.
    Of all the head coaching jobs available, the Vikings could be the least attractive.
    I'm guessing they end up with a college coach with no NFL experience.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678 16 ... LastLast