Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepat View Post
    At least in terms of points scored, hard to disagree that the team has improved each year under Musgrave. I think we are seeing different play calling now with Cassel at QB, so Musgrave doesn't look so predictable and conservative. I could see him sticking around (especially if Frazier manages to keep his job). If a new HC is hired, they probably should be able to choose their own staff. One wonders though how much input Musgrave had into picking the weekly starting QB though....
    Like I've been saying for over a year, Musgrave has been calling plays he felt Ponder could execute, which means he was extremely limited. Ponder was handcuffing Musgrave and not the other way around. With Cassel under center we saw things open up because he felt Cassel could execute them.

That's not saying he hasn't called some bad plays at certain times because he has. If we can improve, I believe we should.

The change I definitely want to see besides the obvious DC position, is a change at the QB coaching position. Craig Johnson has done very little, if any good in the development or improvement of any of our QB's be it Ponder, Webb or MBT.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Bill O’Brien’s NFL Future

The Texans and Vikings have already called, and more teams are sure to inquire this offseason.

Bill O'Brien has an NFL future, but will he seize the opportunity? | The MMQB with Peter King

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    NFL Black Monday: Which coaches, GMs could get fired in 2013? - NFL - Don Banks - SI.com

• Minnesota -- Leslie Frazier had his last-place team playing hard down the stretch in classic job-saving mode, but Sunday's 42-14 meltdown at Cincinnati didn't help his cause one bit, with the Vikings falling to 4-10-1 in advance of this week's regular-season finale and Metrodome farewell against visiting Detroit. The consensus of the sources I talked to is that the well-respected Frazier will be fired, but there is said to be less than 100 percent certainty within the organization regarding the decision. All seem to concede that Minnesota playing the next two seasons outdoors in a college stadium (at the University of Minnesota) while it awaits the opening of its own new venue in 2016 complicates the search for a new coach, and that could impact Frazier's status.
    Said one league source: "Good luck getting a guy in there. That's not an inviting situation, playing outdoors two years in a temporary setting, in a college setting. That won't attract a lot of people, being in that kind of limbo."
    There was a recent report that the Vikings had reached out to gauge O'Brien's interest, but few expect Minnesota to pay enough to win that expected bidding war. It's more likely the Vikings turn to one of the many coordinator candidates, or perhaps pursue a former NFL head coach like San Diego offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt or Lovie Smith, both of whom have Super Bowl trips on their resumes.
    On the general manager front, there is every indication that Rick Spielman is secure and retains the confidence of owner Zygi Wilf. While a coaching search looks likely, the front office is expected to remain status quo.

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Say what u want bout Lovie he got fired after a 10-6 record and went to tha Super Bowl, I would welcome him and that defense wit open arms he just need to hire a betta OC this time around, tha vikings look so lost can't find a QB and defense is awful they need a makeover they have talent on both side of tha ball
    Last edited by 313zoe; 12-28-2013 at 10:09 AM.

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Say what u want bout Lovie but he got fired after a winning record 10-6, and i would welcome that defense along with open arms and this time around he just need a better OC and don't forget he did take Chi to the Super Bowl and he way better than what we have now, and i bet he would love to come back to the black and blue division
    Last edited by 313zoe; 12-28-2013 at 10:07 AM.

Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Mariucci gets my vote.

Yeah, I'm serious.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

scumpuke is offline Rookie
    What about Brian Billick?
    Partyin' Purple Style!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    I think the article is right. Take a look outside today and ask yourself how many coaches and players want to be standing outside at the U of M stadium at the end of the year trying to make the playoffs. The next couple of years for the Vikes are going to be tough signing FA players and coaches.

WWBGD

drakkar is offline Rookie
    Also have to look at Spielman has to be on the hot seat, new GM usually means new HC.. If Spielman doesn't do a better job of bringing in talent next year is he gone? That means new HC this year probably not retained, IMO whole FO should be gone.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    I think the article is right. Take a look outside today and ask yourself how many coaches and players want to be standing outside at the U of M stadium at the end of the year trying to make the playoffs. The next couple of years for the Vikes are going to be tough signing FA players and coaches.
    Maybe thats the time to then look at coaches who are willing to be standing outside and 'take their lumps' with the weather. Their reward is to then move inside with an established team. As for players that may at least weedle out those who are looking for an easy payday as opposed to help turn a team round.
    If we have a new HC then selling players with being outside for next season may not be so hard. If Frazier was still here ( god forbid ) then it will be hard to get people in. However if a new HC makes strides next season then year 2 at the U of M may not be so hard to sell to FA's.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast