Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    Good to hear that he doesn't take any shit, but how does he bode with Spielman & the Wilfs with that reputation? Do they want somebody who speaks their mind, or do they want a "yes man"?
    I don't see them hiring a yes man. Maybe I'm idealistic, but, I've got to believe that the man with the best plan for winning, will get the job. Personally, I think Zimmer and Bowles, followed by Gruden, and the Wiz can each win and be effective head coaches. Not all successful coordinators translate to successful head coaches...ahem, Tice, Childress, Frazier, and many others, have tried.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

PInfante97 is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Not all successful coordinators translate to successful head coaches...ahem, Tice, Childress, Frazier, and many others, have tried.
    I wouldnt say Childress had no success. he led us to an NFC championship game and if his players didnt fumble it away we go to the super bowl.... but even more impressive might have been winning 10 games and the division with T Jack the year b4

rockymtdan is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by PInfante97 View Post
    I wouldnt say Childress had no success. he led us to an NFC championship game and if his players didnt fumble it away we go to the super bowl.... but even more impressive might have been winning 10 games and the division with T Jack the year b4
    True. Okay bring back Childres
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

VikingsFan1234 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by rockymtdan View Post
    True. Okay bring back Childres
    I would love to bring back Childress and I liked him, I think he was just fired too early

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    I wouldn't classify Childress as a yes man, but you see where that got him. Wasn't he the one who dropped Moss, upon his own decision?

VikingsFan1234 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    I wouldn't classify Childress as a yes man, but you see where that got him. Wasn't he the one who dropped Moss, upon his own decision?
    Yeah but I guess I could not blame Childress for doing that after Moss was talking about his manlove for the Patriots

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    yea, but you still have to use protocol, and not step on any toes, like he did.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Zimmer has fire and shows emotion which is very good for players, and especially this team. Zimmer has actually gotten passed over in recent years because he has been known to be a coach who doesn't take shit from a GM or Owner, and tells them what is on their mind.

All this crap about hiring a defensive minded coach or offensive minded coach is stupid. If we hire a defensive minded coach, its his job to bring in a competent OC that can get this team clicking. Likewise if we hire an offensive minded coach, he needs to find a DC who can get this defense going.

Simple as this, hire the guy that can get the most out of this team and turn the team around. It doesn't matter if he coached offense or defense, special teams or anything in between. Hire a guy that is going to light a fire under this teams ass and get them back to winning ways.
    Yup. And the other big thing is hiring legit coordinators to back the HC up. Sometimes teams lean way too much one way or the other with their resources: draft picks, coaches and players salaries etc...and to quote the master, "You must have balance Grasshopper."

I think who they are planning to bring with them might be more important than which one of the top candidates they decide on. In other words, a better coach ought to have better connections and bring better assistants. In order to make a young team good quick, you'll usually need good position coaches backing up the coordinators too.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Parcells says Zimmer would make good Vikings coach

Parcells says Zimmer would make good Vikings coach | Star Tribune

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by PInfante97 View Post
    I didn't say he had no success. And, your points are valid... But, that said, he is no longer a head coach...

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast