Thread: Vikings News

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Vikings News

The Excitement isn't over yet:

Vikings | Lindsay Unlikely To Return - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:56:57 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports with the re-signing of backup C Cory Withrow, it appears the Minnesota Vikings will not bring back veteran backup OT Everett Lindsay.

Vikings | Withrow Re-Signs - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:16:53 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings have re-signed free agent backup C Cory Withrow to a two-year contract, worth the NFL's league minimum and a $50,000 signing bonus.

- Anyone see a reason why we can't keep both? Its not liek they will cost a lot and Lindsay is a reliable back-up....

Vikings | Russell's Absence Has Tice Concerned - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 26 Apr 2004 13:09:05 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Tice has concerns about FS Brian Russell not participating in the team's offseason workout program. Russell has been attending college courses in California. "We have to continue to get better at free safety," Tice said.

-This doesn't bother me even a little bit. If the kid wants to attend college classes, I say more power too him. As long as he shows up for Mandatory training in shape. I don't have a problem with him trying to advance himself as a person as well as a football player.

Vikings | Biekert Expected To Announce Retirement Soon - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 26 Apr 2004 13:08:32 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings LB Greg Biekert is expected to announce his retirement within the next few weeks.

Vikings | Crockett Could Be Released - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 26 Apr 2004 13:02:32 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings could release LB Henri Crockett (shoulder), who is recovering from offseason shoulder surgery.

Vikings | Mitchell To Work Out - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 26 Apr 2004 13:02:17 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings will work out free agent veteran TE Johnny Mitchell (Jaguars) on Thursday, April 29.

Vikings | D. Williams To Work Out - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:57:22 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings will work out free agent WR Derrick Williams on Thursday, April 29. Williams is the older brother of Jacksonville Jaguars rookie WR Reggie Williams.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

Vikings News

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    The Excitement isn't over yet:

Vikings | Lindsay Unlikely To Return - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:56:57 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports with the re-signing of backup C Cory Withrow, it appears the Minnesota Vikings will not bring back veteran backup OT Everett Lindsay.

Vikings | Withrow Re-Signs - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:16:53 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings have re-signed free agent backup C Cory Withrow to a two-year contract, worth the NFL's league minimum and a $50,000 signing bonus.

- Anyone see a reason why we can't keep both? Its not liek they will cost a lot and Lindsay is a reliable back-up....

Vikings | Russell's Absence Has Tice Concerned - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 26 Apr 2004 13:09:05 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Tice has concerns about FS Brian Russell not participating in the team's offseason workout program. Russell has been attending college courses in California. "We have to continue to get better at free safety," Tice said.

-This doesn't bother me even a little bit. If the kid wants to attend college classes, I say more power too him. As long as he shows up for Mandatory training in shape. I don't have a problem with him trying to advance himself as a person as well as a football player.

Vikings | Biekert Expected To Announce Retirement Soon - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 26 Apr 2004 13:08:32 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings LB Greg Biekert is expected to announce his retirement within the next few weeks.

Vikings | Crockett Could Be Released - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 26 Apr 2004 13:02:32 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings could release LB Henri Crockett (shoulder), who is recovering from offseason shoulder surgery.

Vikings | Mitchell To Work Out - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 26 Apr 2004 13:02:17 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings will work out free agent veteran TE Johnny Mitchell (Jaguars) on Thursday, April 29.

Vikings | D. Williams To Work Out - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:57:22 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings will work out free agent WR Derrick Williams on Thursday, April 29. Williams is the older brother of Jacksonville Jaguars rookie WR Reggie Williams.
    You know, Russell hasn't gotten great reviews for last season, but I thought he did fine, especially considering it was his first year starting at free safety. The biggest knock on him was that he was often caught out of position. Well, yeah that will tend to happen when your D-line and Linebackers can't stop the run and you have to be the last line of defense. I say we're well set at free safety
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

ndakvikefan is offline Starter

Vikings News

I think he did fine, he did recieve the largest bonus of any player in the league for over achieving. I feel the problem with the whole d-backfield was Denard Walker and any corner that replaced him.. This is what I mean, with Brian Williams covering the opponents best reciever the over the top help is more than likely to his side to help him out. That leaves Denard Walker one on one with the other reciever and when he gets beat right off the line like he always did that tends to make the other safety react and help walker, this in turn puts Russell out of position when a man comes up the seam or to the spot he is supposed to be in. With 2 pretty much shut down corners this year Russell should do even better.
    8f72d7a2bfbfd6a931c3ea8edbece812

Vikings News

Not to be sceptical...but a lot of the interceptions Russell has were the ball just bouncing his way. I still am not sure about Russell...

howln4u is offline Rookie

Vikings News

Isnt that what a Safety is to do. I live in WI and everyone raived about Butler but all he did was catch the wobbly pass that was up for grabs. As long as he is where he has been and can takle on the other plays. Would have been nice to draft a safety instead of drafting another RB but we will see.

DoyleRulz84 is offline Rookie

Vikings News

"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    Not to be sceptical...but a lot of the interceptions Russell has were the ball just bouncing his way. I still am not sure about Russell...
    I agree, im not sold on him
    4ee016e435d4da86194a9f140c831959

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

Vikings News

I though Russel played pretty well. He is a hard-hitter, and got alt of interceptions. He doesn't compare to Chavous, but I like him. True, he wasn't always in position, but I think that will improve now that he as another year of experience, and becase we should be able to pressure the QB more.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings News

We'll see how he is this year. If he doesn't put up the same kinda numbers maybe last year was just a fluke, but I like the guy. I think he plays with a lot of heart and I think he'll be good with the team

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Vikings News

I like the guy. Last year was his first year as a starter and everyone knows first year players tend to make mistakes. But I do think his #'s will be down from last year, but I don't think it will be because of his play. 9 int's is hard to do any year period. And he had a ton of tackles because our front 7 wern't stoping the run like they should. His #'s will be down but only because the players around him have been upgradded. I think he has the potential to develope into a very good safty!
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!