Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vikings News

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Vikings News

Cowboys | Wiley Signs - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:41:23 -0800

The Associated Press reports the Dallas Cowboys have signed free agent DE Marcellus Wiley (Chargers) to a four-year, $16 million deal that includes a $4.5 million bonus.

- looks like we're draft a DE.

Vikings | Working On Plan For New Stadium - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:33:16 -0800

Bill Williamson, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings and Anoka County officials are working on a plan to build a football stadium in Blaine, according to Vikings executive vice president Mike Kelly. The Vikings are optimistic that an agreement will be reached soon, but said the issue of a site will matter little if a stadium bill is not passed by the Legislature. The bill could be passed as soon as Monday, March 15. Anoka County officials have pledged $240 million in private and public money to help the project, which would include a training facility and other unrelated businesses.

-I'm optomistic....

Vikings | Not Moving Walker For Now - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:26:46 -0800

Bill Williamson, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski spoke Wednesday, March 10, with Vikings CB Denard Walker's agent, John Hamilton. Hamilton has said he thinks Walker should move on because the Vikings signed CB Antoine Winfield, who will start at left cornerback. However, the Vikings are in no hurry to do away with Walker. The Vikings may try to reduce his contract or try to trade him before cutting him.

- A trade... Hmmm.....

Vikings | In Contact With Carter - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:20:40 -0800

Bill Williamson, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings have been in contact with free agent FS Tyrone Carter's (Jets) agent, Drew Rosenhaus, about bringing Carter back to Minnesota. If Carter signs a contract, it likely will be for the minimum with incentives. The Vikings tried to re-sign Carter last offseason, but the New York Jets outbid them. Carter was the Vikings' 2000 fourth-round draft pick.

- Not a great pick-up, but I liked Carter, he'll be a welcome adition to our special teams.

Vikings | Police & Courts: Kevin Williams - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:17:54 -0800

Bill Williamson, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings DT Kevin Williams pleaded guilty to careless driving Wednesday, March 10, and had a drunken driving charge dropped. Williams, who was arrested in November 2003, will not have to join the NFL's substance-abuse program. He paid a $300 fine and received a 30-day sentence in the Hennepin County workhouse. Williams will not serve the sentence as long as he holds to restrictions agreed on in court, such as no second offense.

- Kevin is a good kid, I don't expect too many more of these incidents...

Giants | Withrow Visit Canceled - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:16:32 -0800

Bill Williamson, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports the New York Giants have canceled a visit from free agent C Cory Withrow (Vikings).

- I think we need to keep Cory...

Vikings | Wiggins Might Visit - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:15:44 -0800

Bill Williamson, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports free agent TE Jermaine Wiggins (Panthers) might visit the Minnesota Vikings next week.

- Intriguing... Ben Utech a possibly in the first day, since we are looking at TEs?

Vikings | Bennett To Visit - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:14:02 -0800

Bill Williamson, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports free agent P Darren Bennett (Chargers) will visit the Minnesota Vikings on Monday, March 15, or Tuesday, March 16, according to Vikings head coach Mike Tice.

- I hope we sign him. Bennett was one of the best Punters in the league last year...

Vikings | Claiborne Restructured Contract Details - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:13:46 -0800

Charley Walters, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings LB Chris Claiborne restructured his contract. Claiborne, who was to be paid $2.25 million in base salary, will be paid $1 million instead. The deal allows Claiborne to make up the loss through performance bonuses.

- Excellent, lets hope we sign him long term after this year.

Vikings | Biekert Not Expected To Attend Offseason Workout Program - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:13:36 -0800

Bill Williamson, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings LB Greg Biekert is not expected to participate in the Vikings' offseason workout program that begins March 22. Biekert has not informed the team of his plans, but he is expected to retire.

- Thanks for the help Greg. Have fun in the sun!

Cowboys | Gowin Released - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 10 Mar 2004 14:08:36 -0800

The Dallas Cowboys have announced the release of P Toby Gowin

-Another Punter possibility...

Broncos | Gold Unlikely To Return - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 10 Mar 2004 12:01:17 -0800

The Denver Post reports free agent LB Ian Gold (Broncos) is not optimistic he will return to the Denver Broncos. Gold recently visited the Atlanta Falcons and has said he will make a decision about where to sign before the end of the week.

- Doesn't look like we'll get him....

When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Vikings News

Thanks for the info!

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Vikings News

I wouldn't Mind seeing Carter back in Purple as long as he is cheap. he was a pretty good Special Teams Player and had some SICK hits and a few picks.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Vikings News

I hope they sign Utecht he is a class act, great tight end, and would love
    yo wear purple and gold - I know- he's my 2nd cousin.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings News

Personally I would love to see Tyrone back in purple... we definately need all the help that we can get on special teams

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

Vikings News

Well Carter has signed a one year contract with the purple and gold, now i can wear his jersey again, hope he gets his number back
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings News

When did he sign? Do you have a link?

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

Vikings News

just go to the pioneer press website www.pioneerpress.com and jump to the sports
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

DoubleDown11 is offline Pro-Bowler

Vikings News

Too bad about Wiley, apparently Wiley was so unwanted and bad, that one of the best defenses in the league (Dallas) signed him.

Hopefully, the Vikings will address the need for a DE in the Draft or after June 1st?
    something witty and comical... followed by genuine sarcasm.

VIKE58 is offline Pro-Bowler

Vikings News

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by dart18

Well Carter has signed a one year contract with the purple and gold, now i can wear his jersey again, hope he gets his number back
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> That's COOL I always liked Tyrone![]
    GO VIKINGS GO !!!! AND THE PACK STILL BLOWS !!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast