Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings new uniforms

lol, oh man, I totally disagree....I love our new Uniforms, well actually like what's his face said (forgot who said it) they look way better when you seem in person than on pictures. Secondly uniforms don't decide if you go to a championship for the following reasons: packers won a super bowl (but were on steroids at the time), if you're playing pro football the uniforms shouldn't matter, you should be 90% if not more buissness....

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"KrackerJack" wrote:
    lol, oh man, I totally disagree....I love our new Uniforms, well actually like what's his face said (forgot who said it) they look way better when you seem in person than on pictures. Secondly uniforms don't decide if you go to a championship for the following reasons: packers won a super bowl (but were on steroids at the time), if you're playing pro football the uniforms shouldn't matter, you should be 90% if not more buissness....
    LOL! I don't think I have ever been refered to as "what's his face" before.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

all you can do is hope for throwback day.

what is it, every team can throw it back twice a year?

johnnyreeferseed is offline Waterboy

This is wierd because of the several dozens of friends and family I have in Minnesota, not a single one of them are happy with the fruity uniforms. The stripe on the leg looks dumb as hell. The Bears, Packers, and Lions haven't changed up their uniforms much, why do the Vikings have to look stupid? Down here in Iowa, when I mention I'm a Vikings fan, people always comment on the uniforms. Almost always the word gay comes up.

PurplePumpkin is offline Pro-Bowler

I was very excited for the uniform change. When they first were revealed I was a little disappointed. I think their a bit flashy but creative none the less. The more the season progresses the more I like them. Like NodakPaul I like the Away uniforms better.

"singersp" wrote:
    There is nothing we can do to change the design.

I believe it was just one phase in the new path the Vikings are taking as a team, the new staff & the new ownership. Out with the old & in with the new.

I have come to accept & like the new style uni's, except for the purple socks. The pictures you've seen on the internet or TV don't do them any justice. When I saw the actual uni's themselves, they looked a whole lot better than what I had originally thought.

The purple is purple & not blue as they appear in pics & TV.
    I agree with the purple socks on the away unis.
    They really need alternate socks to compliment the away uniforms that are white at the top and purple on the bottom.

That is my only complaint about the new uniforms though.
    I like the change and I think a lot of teams will follow.
    Well at least the ones that don't think they have too much "tradition" to change their jerseys.

I've also seen the new uniforms in person and agree that they look really good in person.

My advice to johnnyreeferseed is to root for another team if all you care about are the uniforms.
    Not all 32 teams can be a shade of blue.
    And how did the Ravens win the Superbowl and have the best defense in the league if players can't play tough wearing purple?
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

side note on the slightly
    uniforms.

My lady friend just asked me "what came first, purple pride for the vikings or purple pride for
    people?"...disturbing.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

"johnnyreeferseed" wrote:
    I think the uniforms have a lot to do with how the players play. How are they supposed to kick jiggly butt when they look so fruity? It's hard to take them serious when their uniforms look like they do. We need to start a petition to get rid of the new uniforms
    WTF?
    They resemble a lot of new style jerseys, hey just because we are not "from the day" when everything was perfect doesnt give you any right to question a jesery and call it fruity.
    So the players are "fruity" because they are not wearing jerseys designed from the great 60's?
    Oh how the world was a better place back then, you know when "fruity" jerseys did not exsist.

I will challange your petition, I like change, I like the fact our owner wants the entire scence to change, the attitude, the problems, this is just one thing he did to get the old vikings attitude out of the door.

Maybe I am fruity then because i was born in the late 70's, I was not a kid growing up in the 60's so i dont know what living the perfect life is like.

You don't like them, buy an old one or root for a new team
    You republican whore!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Even so, you have to admit they look dorky. They'll lose merchandising revenue because nobody in their right mind would be caught dead paying money to wear one of those jerseys. I hope they still plan on keeping the old style for sale.
    I dare you to walk up to one of the players and tell them they look like a dork in the new uniform.

As long as they win I would'nt care if they wore burlap bags.

Prophet Guest

Being a Vikings fan since the 60's I have to say the new uniforms are totally ***. Who in the hell came up with that design? What was wrong with the previous uniforms?

First the vikings play indoors and now this. No wonder they can't win a championship. They need to play outside on real turf and ditch the fairy uniforms.
    ;D welcome to the site.
    I think you need the herbage instead of the seeds, it usually works better.

I agree, they should play outdoors, the uniforms don't matter to me either way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast