Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Vikings New Intro?

I am sorry, but if somebody like Brings the Horns over the Immigrant Song...well... you probably road the short school bus and were in the class that never changed.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I am sorry, but if somebody like Brings the Horns over the Immigrant Song...well... you probably road the short school bus and were in the class that never changed.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    It must have been nice when you finally got to drive.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"singersp" wrote:
    FYI, this is the Immigrant Song;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApxnAr6pRt0

And this is Bring In the Horns;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oV2jIT8X1g
    I hate youtube when you can use something where the quality was not reduced.

http://www.dennyweb.com/viking_kittens.htm

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Bring In the Horns sucks, it's just one big mess.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

My suburban white brother in law has made better raps than that with his friends on their computers...no joke.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "Vikes316" wrote:
    At the pre season opener against the rams, the vikes came out of the tunnel to not only a new video playing on the screen but a new entrance theme the "Immigrant Song"
    (as alot of you already know). I just wanted to know everyones thoughts on it and if its a permanent change.

I for one was not a big fan of it mainly because I loved our old entrance theme so much, and the immigrant
    song didnt seem to go over well with the crowd it seemed. anyways ill shut up and leave you with a SKOL Vikes!!!
    I think you are confused. The immigrant song has been used for years & is not new. Bring in the horns is the newer one & sucks more than Monica Lewinski.
    He isn't confused.
    Bring in da horns was last year's warm up song.
    It was played during pregame and during breaks, not during introductions.
    The video introduction was the Vikings ship coming out of the sky and crossing the Twin Cities into the metrodome.
    At the rams game, this video intro was replaced with one that featured player shots and the Immigrant song.
    Only the music wasn't loud enough, the video was out of sync, and nobody in the tunnel knew when to come out.
    Overall it sucked.

I am willing to give it another chance at the Aug 30 game (as if I have a say in it).
    I hope they get it together this time...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Vikes316" wrote:
    At the pre season opener against the rams, the vikes came out of the tunnel to not only a new video playing on the screen but a new entrance theme the "Immigrant Song"
    (as alot of you already know). I just wanted to know everyones thoughts on it and if its a permanent change.

I for one was not a big fan of it mainly because I loved our old entrance theme so much, and the immigrant
    song didnt seem to go over well with the crowd it seemed. anyways ill shut up and leave you with a SKOL Vikes!!!
    I think you are confused. The immigrant song has been used for years & is not new. Bring in the horns is the newer one & sucks more than Monica Lewinski.
    He isn't confused.
    The video introduction was the Vikings ship coming out of the sky and crossing the Twin Cities into the metrodome.
    At the rams game, this video intro was replaced with one that featured player shots and the Immigrant song.
    Only the music wasn't loud enough, the video was out of sync, and nobody in the tunnel knew when to come out.
    Overall it sucked.

I am willing to give it another chance at the Aug 30 game (as if I have a say in it).
    That is part of what the pre-season is for... Getting the player intros down.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Well, hopefully we can get the intros down....that is very important.
    Sets the tone for the game.
    Good intros, with everyone fired up. leads to pumpled up crowds.

The team should even take a couple of practice runs through the whole thing, without the crowd.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Vikes316" wrote:

He isn't confused.

Overall it sucked.

That's what I was trying to say in a sense. I was trying to say before last year or last year & 2005, the immigrant song was used & years prior to that, so the immigrant song isn't "new" (to us Vikings fans) as he said. Yes, last year was B.I.T.H., but then they went back to the immigrant song this year. So it was only on a 1-2 year hiatus.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast