Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Vikings - A New Day Dawning

    [size=13pt]A New Day Dawning[/size]

    By Viking Update Staff

    Posted Aug 9, 2007


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Vikings - A New Day Dawning


    A new day, and a new season. All the drivel that we've been reading about T-Jack, our WR's, unproven this, shaky that, well we are going to sneak up an clobber some people this year, as we take the NFCN title.

  3. #3
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Vikings - A New Day Dawning

    Don't fool yourselves my friends.


    We are gonna be better this year, however, we will also be worse at times.
    Your just gonna have to buck it up and shoulder the load as we endure the bad with the good while this teams young guys get the experience we need.

    I for one am planning on having extra beer in the fridge for every game this year to help with the bad times
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #4
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Vikings - A New Day Dawning

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Don't fool yourselves my friends.


    We are gonna be better this year, however, we will also be worse at times.
    Your just gonna have to buck it up and shoulder the load as we endure the bad with the good while this teams young guys get the experience we need.

    I for one am planning on having extra beer in the fridge for every game this year to help with the bad times
    ;D
    you & me both brother


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  5. #5
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings - A New Day Dawning

    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Don't fool yourselves my friends.


    We are gonna be better this year, however, we will also be worse at times.
    Your just gonna have to buck it up and shoulder the load as we endure the bad with the good while this teams young guys get the experience we need.

    I for one am planning on having extra beer in the fridge for every game this year to help with the bad times
    ;D
    you & me both brother
    Make that three.
    I may be drinking a lot of overpriced miller lite at the dome this year.
    Hope not, but we'll see.
    I guarantee that I will have fun at the games either way!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #6
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Vikings - A New Day Dawning

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Don't fool yourselves my friends.


    We are gonna be better this year, however, we will also be worse at times.
    Your just gonna have to buck it up and shoulder the load as we endure the bad with the good while this teams young guys get the experience we need.

    I for one am planning on having extra beer in the fridge for every game this year to help with the bad times

    ;D
    you & me both brother
    Make that three.
    I may be drinking a lot of overpriced miller lite at the dome this year.
    Hope not, but we'll see.
    I guarantee that I will have fun at the games either way!
    I think that's the point a lot of fans miss.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  7. #7
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Vikings - A New Day Dawning

    no runner saw more “eight in the box” defenses last year than Chester Taylor.
    And he still got over 1000 yards rushing. All things considered Taylor had a fantastic year.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  8. #8
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Vikings - A New Day Dawning

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    no runner saw more “eight in the box” defenses last year than Chester Taylor.
    And he still got over 1000 yards rushing. All things considered Taylor had a fantastic year.
    An observation to be made here is that I don't think that Taylor had the speed needed to punish the 8 in the box method.
    I think that AP will add two things that Taylor doesn't have.
    AP might be able to make more people miss giving him clean looks, and he also has the speed to break it, if he gets through the 8 men he has the speed and the ability to make the safety miss him.
    Taylor just didn't have the speed.
    I guess we will see.
    The only reference so far for AP is him competing against the college kids.
    We will see how he stacks up to the pros.
    I am looking forward to his journey as a Viking.
    Getting Pumped!!


  9. #9
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,513

    Re: Vikings - A New Day Dawning

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    no runner saw more “eight in the box” defenses last year than Chester Taylor.
    And he still got over 1000 yards rushing. All things considered Taylor had a fantastic year.
    An observation to be made here is that I don't think that Taylor had the speed needed to punish the 8 in the box method.
    I think that AP will add two things that Taylor doesn't have.
    AP might be able to make more people miss giving him clean looks, and he also has the speed to break it, if he gets through the 8 men he has the speed and the ability to make the safety miss him.
    Taylor just didn't have the speed.
    I guess we will see.
    The only reference so far for AP is him competing against the college kids.
    We will see how he stacks up to the pros.
    I am looking forward to his journey as a Viking.
    Getting Pumped!!



    Taylor may not be the fastest of RB's, but I didn't see many runs of his where he didn't get the extra yard or two after the intial contact....The guy is a bruiser...He runs hard and hits back.
    I think he was a great find for us.....


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  10. #10
    MetalMike-LoudVike's Avatar
    MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Vikings - A New Day Dawning

    Only time will tell. I see it coming to fruition. Solid Rushing,Great Run D. The ground belongs to the vikings and hopefully we take back the skies on offense and defense.
    I can't wait to watch some football tonite.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •