vikingsalltheway is offline Coordinator

Vikings need to win on the road

We need to win on the road this year. Thats my biggest concern. We seem to play like crap on grass. We only won once on grass last year and that was in lambeau and 2 of our road games were in a dome, atlanta and detroit. This year we have road games in a dome at Houston, Detroit, New orleans and Indianapolis. We need to beat crappy teams on the road too and of course at home but on the road we played like crap last year. We better prove we are for real this year.
    982be7163de23b12be0039fa7de5b166

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

I think we can do it this year. Not all of our recievers are speed recievers, we have Burley and Robinson, good posession recievers. Also, for a while we will be using Smith and Williams as our RBs, mostly power and agility there, not all that much speed, except for Moore when we use him. I think our D will actually be better on grass, because at least to me they seemed kinda slow on sunday, so grass would hopefully slow down any speed recievers other teams would have.

I think we can win on the road too. I am not one that believes much in the home field advantage. The noise of the crowd is one thing if it is really really loud (like ina dome) but other than that I don't really see much of an advantage than the crowd, and if the Vikes can keep the fans out of their head I think they will be OK.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

How can u not believe in home field, all those players know the fans are screaming for them to do good. They know they are at home they know they dont have a plain rided after the game they are used to the atmosphere the horns and fans. I think home field is very specail especailly in the metrodome.

We do need to win road games and i think that has alot to do with the coaching staff and the way they prepare the team. In my onpinion this is a test for tice to see if he has improved as a coach.

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

I beleive in the crowd noise affecting the game, but if the town has a quiet crowd, or even an open stadium I dont think it has much effect. A loud crowd in a dome can change a game, but thats not how it is on every field, like in most cities with bad franchises (SanDiego, Arizona, etc...). I do partially believe in it though.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

DoubleDown11 is offline Pro-Bowler

Bottom Line is historically Vikings play up to the level of their competition. Hence the losses last year to RAiders, Chargers, and CArdinals. I thhink we have a legitimate shot at the Eagles, they have one good WR and that is it!
    something witty and comical... followed by genuine sarcasm.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Winfield is good enough to slow down Owens... and it's true the Vikes do play up (or down) to their competition, particularly on the road. I would be dissapointed with anything less than 4-4 on the road this year. 5-3 would be exceptional. If we can beat the Eagles, 6-2 on the road will be a definite possibility. Green Bay and Indy will be the toughest after that. Then Saints, Lions and Redskins - tough but definitely winnable. Then Bears and Texans will be must wins to have a successful road record.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman