Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    runtheball is offline Training Camp

Re: The Vikings need a star

I had never heard of Calvin Johnson til I read your post, I looked him up , looks like the total package, Size,speed, and hands. When drafting WR's you usually know right away in year 1 or 2 what you got. Troy W is looking more and more like a bust at least for a #7 pick.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"Kdub4MVP" wrote:
    we outta get calvin johnson next year with prob the 6th pick when we finish 6-10. then pick up a good veteran complementary reciever like a bobby engram, darrell jackson, or patrick crayton.we need to get rid of marcus robinson , our RB and FB are fine for the next few years but the vikes should try to draft a more modern, athletic TE . it seems like noone has anyone ever thought of that, our TE's are garbage. And finally we just gotta hope tarvaris jackson is the real deal and if he is we could develop an explosive offense once again. Then hopefully brad childress wont be stupid enough to dink and dunk the entire game with 4 yard passes.
    someine obviosly hasn'y been around very long.
    anybody remember the vernon davis thread last year?

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    We need to make Tarvaris into our new star...starting next week!

I am glad you said that Cajun.. I agree 100% with you.. The problem I have is that if anyone but our top 10 members here said this, they would have gotten scolded.. They would have heard that he is to green, it will ruin his career, blah, blah, blah..

People here don't understand that rookies can come in and make a difference.. If that is the case, then Reggie Bush shouldn't be on the field, take Vince Young out as the starter for the Titans, ditto with Matt Leinart and the Cardinals..

I guarantee that if this crap was happening in Denver, we would be seeing Jay Cutler as their starter.. Point being, it doesn't matter if you are a vet, or a rookie, if you know the system and can perform at a high level, you should be playing and starting.. The Brad Johnson era needs to end, and if T-Jack is our future, then he needs to be in there now..

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I am glad you said that Cajun.. I agree 100% with you.. The problem I have is that if anyone but our top 10 members here said this, they would have gotten scolded.. They would have heard that he is to green, it will ruin his career, blah, blah, blah..
    That is so untrue.
    You have decided not to read Tarvaris' quotes and Childress' quotes and live in a fantasy world if you think Tarvaris is going in.
    This has nothing to do with my opinion.
    They said it, I am parroting it.
    If he is deemed ready and healthy he will be in, if not, he won't be.
    Tying your shoes is more complicated than this scenario.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    The elite NFL teams all have stars on offense (Tomlinson, P Manning, Steve McNair, Tom Brady, and Tatum Bell).
    The Denver Broncos do not currently have an elite offense and Tatum Bell is certainly NOT a big-time star.
    The Broncos are in the position they are in because of Defense - and the star there is Ian Gold.

The Baltimore Ravens do not currently have an elite offense and Steve McNair is a an old man who makes lots of mistakes.
    The Ravens are in the position they are in because of Defense - and the star there is Ray Lewis.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

[quote][ think the problem is the Vikings don't key on a single WR enough in a game. Today, Travis Taylor got hot. Then they stopped throwing it to him. They didn't throw it to him deep. I wonder what Travis Taylor was thinking in the 4th quarter. Probably "Why don't they throw me the ball?"/quote]

I disagree.
    We don't need any more stars (aka Primadonna).

Who could name me the recievers for the Patriots 5 or 6 weeks ago.
    Heck even Brady was upset.

IMO tThe QB makes the reciever in most cases.
    Our problem is that Brad just doesn't have the zip in his arm anymore.
    He can't thread the needle anymore when all he has is a floater.
    That is why he almost always checks down to the underneath stuff.

We need to find out if our future QB (TJ) is the real thing.
    Put him in, let his legs buy our recievers some time (they can't get seperation off the line) and see what happens.

Draft some good recievers next year or get another QB through free agency.

I know it hurts but we must be patient
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12