Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings Need To Shake Things Up and Reconnect W/ Fan Base

"audioghost" wrote:
    ....I mean, you get rid of a guy like Culpepper just 1 year removed from the 3rd best season of any QB ever...you gotta come out and win or else...Childress dug himself a hole from the start...

And his "authoritarian" role is obviously not working because the players have to respect you and buy into your system for that to work...these are grown men, not teenagers...you can't ground them for a game for being late to a meeting...
    That's a whole new topic and I have the chronological sequence of those events documented somewhere on this board.
    Culpepper is so great, look at him ripping up the field in Miami.
    He was sacked a zillion times, due to Saban starting him too early and the career fuck up Joey Harrington took the reigns.
    Mr. small hands has is a head-case that has been documented during his departure from the team.
    Screw Culpepper.
    I was a supporter of him until his true character showed.
    He has the same quality as Meathead, when the going gets tough the pussys fold.
    Tice and Culpepper both fit into that mold.

The disciplinarian approach is a fantasy that the likes of Tom Powers contrive.
    Last year was a tough year for fans and players, but players weren't talking about exiling Childress from Minnesota.
    It is not Les Steckelesque.
    I don't buy into that spiel until I hear it from a credible source, the leaders on the team.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Prophet" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    ...Childress has to earn my respect...

Imagine if Tice would have hired Tomlin to run the D....we'd be a Super Bowl team...
    Mine too.
    I am neutral leaning toward negative with Childress right now.

There is no way Tice could have won a SB.
    He played checkers when others played Chess against the good teams.
    It comes down to good coaching once you make it past the wildcard rounds in the playoffs.
    Meathead does not have the intellectual ability to outcoach someone at a high level.
    At least Tice got us in the dance. So far Childress has us standing outside in the cold with an ugly chick.

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:

Imagine if Tice would have hired Tomlin to run the D....we'd be a Super Bowl team...
    Mine too.

It comes down to good coaching once you make it past the wildcard rounds in the playoffs.
    Meathead does not have the intellectual ability to outcoach someone at a high level.
    At least Tice got us in the dance. So far Childress has us standing outside in the cold with an ugly chick.
    Meathead used the offense that Denny installed and did nothing new, by his own admission.
    He was coach for years and did nothing.
    He took a great team and drove it into mediocrity.
    Wow, what an accomplishment.
    Lost the games that mattered.
    He even lost the game against the pathetic Cardinals at the end of the season and handed the NFCN crown to the Packers.
    Really great coach.

Is it really that complicated to understand that the new coaching staff is actually putting in a new system and using their brains instead of implementing an already existing system that didn't work.
    I've been a fan long enough to not be satisfied by a simple 'making it to the playoffs'.
    If the team is going to inevitably be beat in the playoffs it is a moot point.
    I put the Meathead years as HC right up there with Steckel.
    The team was primed and he did nothing.
    Screw Meathead.
    He is so great that he was demoted again this year and wasn't even looked at seriously for a HCing job when he left the Vikings.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Haha...as long as Chilly is going after no-namers, he should sign Kevin Kaesviharn...he's been a nickelback/safety his whole career and despite being a backup he's made play after play including 2 game-ending INTs last season and a fumble return for a TD...he makes the most of his opportunities and I think he'd be great to have on passing downs.

Plus he used to substitute at my old high school...my little brother had him in gym class and was all excited about it...

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

"audioghost" wrote:
    ...Plus he used to substitute at my old high school...my little brother had him in gym class and was all excited about it...
    lmao, sign him up.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

[/quote]

but players weren't talking about exiling Childress from Minnesota.
    I don't buy into that spiel until I hear it from a credible source, the leaders on the team.
    [/quote]

They may not be doing it openly but free agents do seek out input from players on teams they may be interested in signing with to see what the environment is like and if it is poor, they are less likely to schedule a visit there. I find it very likely that some of the higher profile free agents that we have been begging the team to bring in and sign may be in that situation.

For instance, at the pro bowl someone comes up to hutch and asks how he likes playing for Childress. If Hutch says alot of good things and the other players back him up, it becomes more likely that we will be early on that players visitation list. But if Hutch and the other players say that they made a mistake signing there, you can pretty much guess that they will misplace their map to Eden Prairie.

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:

Mine too.

Meathead used the offense that Denny installed and did nothing new, by his own admission.
    He even lost the game against the pathetic Cardinals at the end of the season and handed the NFCN crown to the Packers.
    Really great coach.

Is it really that complicated to understand that the new coaching staff is actually putting in a new system and using their brains instead of implementing an already existing system that didn't work.
    I've been a fan long enough to not be satisfied by a simple 'making it to the playoffs'.
    Screw Meathead.
    He is so great that he was demoted again this year and wasn't even looked at seriously for a HCing job when he left the Vikings.

The system won't do a dang thing without the players to run it! Its like throwing a bunch of Packers fans on a rocket ship...maybe the passion is there but you're never gonna make it to the moon with those idiots pushing the buttons...

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:

Mine too.

Really great coach.

Screw Meathead.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it. My comment was directed mostly toward the title of the thread.

Casual fans are disinterested.

"Prophet" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    ...Plus he used to substitute at my old high school...my little brother had him in gym class and was all excited about it...
    lmao, sign him up.
    He's more proven then the other 2 dudes we've signed so far....he'd be an upgrade over Smoot and Whitacker at Nickel Back

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

but players weren't talking about exiling Childress from Minnesota.
    They may not be doing it openly but free agents do seek out input from players on teams they may be interested in signing with to see what the environment is like and if it is poor, they are less likely to schedule a visit there. I find it very likely that some of the higher profile free agents that we have been begging the team to bring in and sign may be in that situation.

For instance, at the pro bowl someone comes up to hutch and asks how he likes playing for Childress. If Hutch says alot of good things and the other players back him up, it becomes more likely that we will be early on that players visitation list. But if Hutch and the other players say that they made a mistake signing there, you can pretty much guess that they will misplace their map to Eden Prairie.
    lot of ifs there.
    If this then that, ifs don't mean crap, I don't buy it.
    The FA market was weak this year and many of the guys that were worth a crap signed monster contracts.
    There is still plenty of time left in FA.

The if arguments are BS.
    I could create an infinite amount of scenarios making shit up.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast