Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    aceclown is offline Coach

Re: Vikings Need To Shake Things Up and Reconnect W/ Fan Base

"audioghost" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    I guess the way I see it is, if there isn't any Great players in FA and a bunch of mediocre/potential players, what's the hurry?

Well they gotta do something...make a trade or something...get someone!? The Raiders got Moss for a 7th round pick and Napo...trade a 5th rounder and Dontarrious for a decent WR like Jerry Porter! We should have been more active when pursuing Deion Branch in trade discussions this season...
    And the 7th overall pick in the draft.
    Oh yeah...I forgot about that...cuz we wasted it...

I don't think it
    would take much to get a guy like Porter....
    Probably not, but I dont think they will give him up for Dontarrious and a 5th.
    My guess is theyre looking for something in the 2nd-3rd round range for him.

Chuch.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Like most, I'm not a fan of Powers, but I do agree with him partially.

Unlike him though, I don't care if the Vikings are "interesting". I would rather have them be boring and win games....that's what it is all about. I would trade 6-10 with the #1 offense in the league for 15-1 with a boring ass team. That's just the way I think.

This is the first time I have ever felt the Vikings THIS disconnected from the fan base though. Not only are they boring, but they're not even giving the fans any reason to be optimistic. The last time I checked, a career backup TE and a backup LB are not any reason to go put bets down that the Vikes will be in the Super Bowl.

Childress is boring. His "kick ass" offense is more like a "suck ass" offense. No new players have been brought in that are really worth THAT much on the field. We still have questions at every position (except running back) on the offense. We are questioning what the defense will be like without Tomlin. The stadium issue is at a standstill....this whole offseason and the entire atmosphere around the team is DEFLATED.

I hope the draft gives us a shot in the arm.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I don't disagree that we need something to get excited about, but it's the second day of FA.
    Come one.
    They let the press know that the wigs were going to check out Quinn today....big surprise that there were no FA movements going on.
    Also, if Powers had a brain, a big if, he would realize that the current leadership has no problem putting the coin on the table for people that they want (e.g., Childress, Tomlin, Spielman, the covey of assistants, etc.).
    It should also not be a surprise that the best capologist in the NFL, Rob Brzezinski, has his office in Winter Park.

There is a reason that we have not heard about a signing of Kevin Curtis in the Motor City.
    My guess is it is because Childress made an open-ended offer that was competitive to Curtis knowing the odds were in the favor of him signing with Martz.
    Curtis is no idiot, he's playing his hand by getting a bidding war going and is getting as much money as he can before he signs.
    Curtis will be a Viking by this time tomorrow evening, that's my call and I'm fairly confident about it.

The scouting of Quinn with all the big wigs today was either a smokescreen or a legitimate look at him.
    Probably both.
    They have plans that fit into their scheme that they're not going to reveal to lazy ass bastards that are retarded (i.e., Tom Powers).
    They are deciding which branch to go down in their plan based on the options and the realities of their long-term goals for the team and their cap management.

Bottom-line, I am thankful the media hacks don't have their hands on the plan and that they are as mentally challenged as they are.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

aceclown is offline Coach

My guess is that Childress is afraid of marquee/big money receivers.
    He had a terrible time dealing/communicating with Owens, and its my theory (as well as many others here) that he is shying away from pursuing the likes of Stallworth or any other FA wide receiver demanding a big paycheck.
    I just hope that he can put his past behind him and start dealing with our offense in a way that would welcome playmakers... especially at the WR position.

Chuch.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"Prophet" wrote:
    I don't disagree that we need something to get excited about, but it's the second day of FA.
    Come one.
    They let the press know that the wigs were going to check out Quinn today....big surprise that there were no FA movements going on.
    Also, if Powers had a brain, a big if, he would realize that the current leadership has no problem putting the coin on the table for people that they want (e.g., Childress, Tomlin, Spielman, the covey of assistants, etc.).
    It should also not be a surprise that the best capologist in the NFL, Rob Brzezinski, has his office in Winter Park.

There is a reason that we have not heard about a signing of Kevin Curtis in the Motor City.
    My guess is it is because Childress made an open-ended offer that was competitive to Curtis knowing the odds were in the favor of him signing with Martz.
    Curtis is no idiot, he's playing his hand by getting a bidding war going and is getting as much money as he can before he signs.
    Curtis will be a Viking by this time tomorrow evening, that's my call and I'm fairly confident about it.

The scouting of Quinn with all the big wigs today was either a smokescreen or a legitimate look at him.
    Probably both.
    They have plans that fit into their scheme that they're not going to reveal to lazy jiggly butt bastards that are Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd (i.e., Tom Powers).
    They are deciding which branch to go down in their plan based on the options and the realities of their long-term goals for the team and their cap management.

Bottom-line, I am thankful the media hacks don't have their hands on the plan and that they are as mentally challenged as they are.
    I, however, am not as confident....I heard this same song n dance last offseason and the team goes 6-10...its nice that some are still so optimistic...

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

"audioghost" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Come one.

Probably both.
    They have plans that fit into their scheme that they're not going to reveal to lazy jiggly butt bastards that are Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd (i.e., Tom Powers).

I, however, am not as confident....I heard this same song n dance last offseason and the team goes 6-10...its nice that some are still so optimistic...
    Therein lies the confusion.
    I am not optimisitic.
    I'm just approaching this rationally, that's how I see it anyway.
    It is too early to tell if Childress is a moron or a great coach.
    It was his first year.
    It's too early to tell if TJack is the messiah or a wash.
    Anyone that says differently at this juncture of their careers might as well have 'idiot' tatooed on their forehead in a mirrored image so they have a reminder every morning.
    8)
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"aceclown" wrote:
    My guess is that Childress is afraid of marquee/big money receivers.
    He had a terrible time dealing/communicating with Owens, and its my theory (as well as many others here) that he is shying away from pursuing the likes of Stallworth or any other FA wide receiver demanding a big paycheck.
    I just hope that he can put his past behind him and start dealing with our offense in a way that would welcome playmakers... especially at the WR position.
    But at what expense...Owens was a pain for the Iggles but they did go to the Super Bowl...winning is the great equalizer....and we're not winning any more games with Williamson and McMuffet as our top 2 WRs

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

"Prophet" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Come one.

Probably both.

Therein lies the confusion.
    I am not optimisitic.
    I'm just approaching this rationally, that's how I see it anyway.
    It is too early to tell if Childress is a silly guy or a great coach.
    It was his first year.
    It's too early to tell if TJack is the messiah or a wash.
    Anyone that says differently at this juncture of their careers might as well have 'idiot' tatooed on their forehead in a mirrored image so they have a reminder every morning.
    8)
    Childress has to earn my respect...

Imagine if Tice would have hired Tomlin to run the D....we'd be a Super Bowl team...

I mean, you get rid of a guy like Culpepper just 1 year removed from the 3rd best season of any QB ever...you gotta come out and win or else...Childress dug himself a hole from the start...

And his "authoritarian" role is obviously not working because the players have to respect you and buy into your system for that to work...these are grown men, not teenagers...you can't ground them for a game for being late to a meeting...

"audioghost" wrote:
    ...Childress has to earn my respect...

Imagine if Tice would have hired Tomlin to run the D....we'd be a Super Bowl team...
    Mine too.
    I am neutral leaning toward negative with Childress right now.

There is no way Tice could have won a SB.
    He played checkers when others played Chess against the good teams.
    It comes down to good coaching once you make it past the wildcard rounds in the playoffs.
    Meathead does not have the intellectual ability to outcoach someone at a high level.

"Prophet" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    ...Childress has to earn my respect...

Mine too.
    I am neutral leaning toward negative with Childress right now.

There is no way Tice could have won a SB.
    He played checkers when others played Chess against the good teams.
    It comes down to good coaching once you make it past the wildcard rounds in the playoffs.
    Meathead does not have the intellectual ability to outcoach someone at a high level.
    True but Tice was good at being a head coach as far as gaining the players respect and motivating them to play hard. With Linnehan running the offense, Tomlin running the D...we could be much better than we are currently

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast