Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings need Rhodes to turn the corner quickly

Vikings need Xavier Rhodes to turn the corner quickly

Minnesota Vikings need Xavier Rhodes to turn the corner quickly - TwinCities.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Hopefully XR can catch on quickly. Based on how diminished some people claim Winfield's game was, one would think he'd have no problem being an immediate boost to the backfield, sans a few rookie mistakes.
    Last edited by singersp; 06-12-2013 at 06:47 AM.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    It won't be too hard to replace the coverage skills of Winfield. I for one am glad he is gone and am excited to see them bring in a taller CB who can match up better with the WR's we face.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Hopefully XR can catch on quickly. Based on how diminished some people claim Winfield's game was, one would think he'd have no problem being an immediate boost to the backfiels sans a few rookie mistakes.

Yep. That is the correct answer. It will be nice to see the backfield take a little pressure off the rest of a defense that has been trying to make up for their shortcomings for nearly 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Yep. That is the correct answer. It will be nice to see the backfield take a little pressure off the rest of a defense that has been trying to make up for their shortcomings for nearly 20 years.
    Keep in mind we changed DB's, not our "bend but don't break" antiquated defensive scheme. Now all we need is someone to pick up all the tackles & run stuffing that Winfield provided against the run.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Keep in mind we changed DB's, not our "bend but don't break" antiquated defensive scheme.
    They ran that antiquated bend but don't break scheme to compensate for Winfield's inability to match up with the WR's in press coverage. His only chance was to give them a cushion, let them catch the ball at will in front of him, and then concentrate on making the tackle. That scheme will be adjusted now that they have the size and speed to get closer to the WR's. That will obviously lead to getting burned on occasion but I would rather see that than dying from a thousand cuts like we have been doing for nearly 20 years.

Now all we need is someone to pick up all the tackles & run stuffing that Winfield provided against the run.
    It looks to me like Rhodes is the kind that likes to stick his nose in there and make tackle and with his size and speed he can give us a boost in that department too.

Blog Entries

Ranger is offline Coach
    Winfield is a stud. I think he can still play, and still play at a high level.

Ranger is offline Coach
    By the way, I've watched a ton of these before. There's a group of us at work that used to live in Seattle, so there are actually quite a few 'hawks fans. I like that team a lot as well, but we get into some back and forth since the two teams are so mingled anymore. I call 'em the Vikhawks, or Seattlesota.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    It won't be too hard to replace the coverage skills of Winfield. I for one am glad he is gone and am excited to see them bring in a taller CB who can match up better with the WR's we face.
    marrdro?
    Stop using PF's account!
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast