Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings Need To Make A Roster Move

The Vikings Need To Make A Roster Move

Okay, so the Vikings have this big dude named Kevin Williams that has to be added to the roster tomorrow, now that his two-game suspension is officially over. In order for him to go onto the roster, obviously somebody has to go. I don't know about you, but boy howdy, I've got a couple of suggestions.

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2011/9/...-a-roster-move

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    BERNARD BERRIAN! Although my guess is Allen Reisner getting demoted back down to the practice squad.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    We should have cut Berrian in camp and kept Jaymar... but neither are really that good.

I'm all for cutting Tyrell Johnson. Not sure how the guy ever got the starting job, but he's not an impact player and could actually be a liability in pass coverage. Give Mistral Raymond (you know... the Safety that had a better camp and preseason...) a chance to start. Comparing Raymond's upside to Johnson's is like comparing the Matterhorn to an ant hill.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I am not sure who will get demoted but just getting KW back is a good thing and should make the team stronger.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    We should have cut Berrian in camp and kept Jaymar... but neither are really that good.
    It's not too late is it? Last I checked Jaymar was still a F.A. and Berrian still stucks.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    So much hate for Berrian. I wonder if I went back to the days when he had the likes of Gus and TJ throwing to him, what some of you were saying.

Give it a rest guys. As Dnabb develops his timing with BB and Aroshomodu the deep passes will come.

As to who will go? My guess is it will be Fusco. OL is playing well. Hutch and Herrera are playing injury free, the new guy (Berger I think) gives good depth behind Sully and the two starting G's.

What I want to know is who are they going to get to play next to him in the 0 tech and who gets shitcanned when that happens? My guess is Evans.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    So much hate for Berrian. I wonder if I went back to the days when he had the likes of Gus and TJ throwing to him, what some of you were saying.

Give it a rest guys. As Dnabb develops his timing with BB and Aroshomodu the deep passes will come.
    This Berrian defense is starting to sound very familiar. Like when the whole forum was against Ryan Cook, and he was your "war pig". Bernard Berrian is the Ryan Cook of our receiving core. How you defend players like that is completely beyond me. It's like you are defending them just because nobody else does. For the sake of the argument. Regardless of production.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    This Berrian defense is starting to sound very familiar. Like when the whole forum was against Ryan Cook, and he was your "war pig". Bernard Berrian is the Ryan Cook of our receiving core. How you defend players like that is completely beyond me. It's like you are defending them just because nobody else does. For the sake of the argument. Regardless of production.
    First, if you want to call it a defense of anyone it should be taken as a defense for our O-coord. New scheme, lack of practices etc are the real issue with our lack of passing. Again, over time it will get better. Call that a defense if you will.

And a Warpig is a DT, not a OLmen. Not sure were you got that Cook was a warpig. If you want to look for a "Defense" of Cook, I never really defended him other than to say that it was wrong to blame him for being routed out onto the field to play a position he wasn't suited for. My stance was, and has always been, that he wasn't ever gonna be a starter and we should blame the coaching staff for trying to make him one.

Soooooo, in the end, I'm not sure how you can say this sounds familiar when you are off the mark with your primary points from the start.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    He's referencing comments made about Berrian 3 or 4 years ago, as if players don't age. I bet if he goes back far enough he'll find positive posts about Ciatrick Fason too.

And Marrdro supports players like this because he feels like he's wiser than the rest of us when it comes to watching a football game... and we ALL just can't see it.

Doesn't make Berrian any better of a player.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    He's referencing comments made about Berrian 3 or 4 years ago, as if players don't age. I bet if he goes back far enough he'll find positive posts about Ciatrick Fason too.

And Marrdro supports players like this because he feels like he's wiser than the rest of us when it comes to watching a football game... and we ALL just can't see it.

Doesn't make Berrian any better of a player.
    You have no clue why I elect to or not to support a player.

In most cases I will give a younger player more time to develop and ignore mistakes made during that development. Vets get some slack cause all players, not matter what their experience will make mistakes.

As to Berrian, why can't I use data from 3 or 4 (its actually 3) years ago? People are comparing him to a WR (Moss) who hasn't been great for just about the same time frame (give or take a year).

It isn't to far out of the realm of possibilities that the timing between the Noodle and Berrian is the same issue between Dnabb and Berrian. A good metric to gauge that (other than if historically he has had success before) would be the QB's throws to other recievers running the same routes right now.

In this case all of the deep throws were overthrown. Does that mean that the WR's who were targeted all suck or mabye, just mabye, the timing still needs to be figured out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast