Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Vikings Need a December to Remember From Favre

    Vikings Need a December to Remember From Favre

    EDIT.....

    Alright, when I test it from PPO the link says the article ahs expired. This is the second time this has happened on the new site. Not sure why. If you go to the this link and click on the title it will come up.


    Sportsspyder
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #2
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re:Vikings Need a December to Remember From Favre

    http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-Need-a-December-to-Remember-From-Favre/415e172e-e55b-4177-9ce5-26eacb55ef84

    Glaucoma must be kicking in again. Just kidding. I think I figured it out. There is not enough characters in the space to put the link in for this new PP.O site.

  3. #3
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re:Vikings Need a December to Remember From Favre

    Favre was self-critical of his performance against the Cardinals, blaming bad decisions and frustration for the interceptions.

    ``That's just the way it is when you press,' he said.
    and people said he had an ego. Good thing we only should see one winter game. We should get it back on track in the fast surface of the dome. We seem to have trouble on grass. Steelers and Cardinals.

  4. #4
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re:Vikings Need a December to Remember From Favre

    We Need a December to Remember from Peterson.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  5. #5
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re:Vikings Need a December to Remember From Favre

    V-Unit wrote:
    We Need a December to Remember from Peterson.
    +1
    3 YPC in the last three games.

  6. #6
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Re:Vikings Need a December to Remember From Favre

    Screw december, 2 wins is fine. We need a January to remember.

  7. #7
    Holmstrom is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    124

    Re:Vikings Need a December to Remember From Favre

    We need to RUN THE FOOTBALL WITH VIOLENCE this December....Favre has gone from game manager to work horse. We need to put the focus back on the ground game.

    If I were Chilly I'd have the line, TE, backs fired up to be carrying the team down the stretch. I'd really be hammering that point home.

    We need to get MEAN!!!!
    None

  8. #8
    Sajid28 is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    810

    Re:Vikings Need a December to Remember From Favre

    Holmstrom wrote:
    We need to RUN THE FOOTBALL WITH VIOLENCE this December....Favre has gone from game manager to work horse. We need to put the focus back on the ground game.

    If I were Chilly I'd have the line, TE, backs fired up to be carrying the team down the stretch. I'd really be hammering that point home.

    We need to get MEAN!!!!
    i feel you on the gamemanager to workhorse thing. but its sord of good cuz then we dont see the 8-9 in the box that much. im still surprised as to why petersons numbers are slightly down.

    Its not possible to put the month of december on the shoulder of a 40 year old qb. i think the team needs to step up. One thing that bugs me is the loss of EJ. I just dont see our defense being that strong anymore. Granted he wasnt even having his best season, but when it came down to it, the job was getting done. I guess time will tell and hopefully i wont be catching myself saying "next year... next year..."


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,061

    Re:Vikings Need a December to Remember From Favre

    Sajid28 wrote:
    Holmstrom wrote:
    We need to RUN THE FOOTBALL WITH VIOLENCE this December....Favre has gone from game manager to work horse. We need to put the focus back on the ground game.

    If I were Chilly I'd have the line, TE, backs fired up to be carrying the team down the stretch. I'd really be hammering that point home.

    We need to get MEAN!!!!
    i feel you on the gamemanager to workhorse thing. but its sord of good cuz then we dont see the 8-9 in the box that much. im still surprised as to why petersons numbers are slightly down.

    Its not possible to put the month of december on the shoulder of a 40 year old qb. i think the team needs to step up. One thing that bugs me is the loss of EJ. I just dont see our defense being that strong anymore. Granted he wasnt even having his best season, but when it came down to it, the job was getting done. I guess time will tell and hopefully i wont be catching myself saying "next year... next year..."
    Maybe you could've put it on his back if you'd ran it some more in the earlier games.

    I mean, it looked like that would happen when the season started. Peterson was running it and Favre would pass only when it was really necessary. If AP's not getting the job done, throw CT out there a bit. Do everything you have to to keep his arm rested as much as you can. We saw how it ended last year when he was asked to throw.

    And the years before that, really.

    Even if you lose some games from here on out, I think it'd be worth it. You know what the team can do with a healthy Favre. You know that you can do something in the play-offs. What is there to play for down the stretch? Of course, you'd have to hold on to that nr. 2 seed for a weeks rest. If you ask me, the nr. 1 seed is out of reach, already, anyway.

    Then again, you don't want to destroy the chemistry, either. That thing that Favre and Rice have going is pretty nice.

    In short, rest Favre as much as you can, or you'll be screwed in the play-offs. And that's before you meet the Packers.

    Imo, of course.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf


  10. #10
    fanofteam is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    182

    Re:Vikings Need a December to Remember From Favre

    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Screw december, 2 wins is fine. We need a January to remember.
    I disagree, the CArds could easilly run it out as they have a very soft schedule

    2-2 and we could lose the bye week.

    This weeks game is huge, don't need the bye week resting on a Giants team possibly needing the game to make the playoffs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. December 26th Vikings-Eagles Game on NBC at 7:20
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-14-2010, 02:03 AM
  2. Vikings Quotes - Bevell, Murphy - December 2
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 05:09 PM
  3. Storm Chasers Set to Visit Minnesota Vikings December 2
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-11-2007, 06:46 AM
  4. December Is Vikings Fan Appreciation Month
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-02-2006, 08:59 PM
  5. Vikings: A November To Remember?
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-05-2006, 11:47 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •