Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Vikings Need a December to Remember From Favre

Vikings Need a December to Remember From Favre

EDIT.....

Alright, when I test it from PPO the link says the article ahs expired. This is the second time this has happened on the new site. Not sure why. If you go to the this link and click on the title it will come up.

Sportsspyder
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Vikings Need a December to Remember From Favre

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-Need-a-December-to-Remember-From-Favre/415e172e-e55b-4177-9ce5-26eacb55ef84

Glaucoma must be kicking in again. Just kidding. I think I figured it out. There is not enough characters in the space to put the link in for this new PP.O site.

Favre was self-critical of his performance against the Cardinals, blaming bad decisions and frustration for the interceptions.

``That's just the way it is when you press,' he said.
    and people said he had an ego. Good thing we only should see one winter game. We should get it back on track in the fast surface of the dome. We seem to have trouble on grass. Steelers and Cardinals.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

We Need a December to Remember from Peterson.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

V-Unit wrote:
    We Need a December to Remember from Peterson.
    +1
    3 YPC in the last three games.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Screw december, 2 wins is fine. We need a January to remember.

Holmstrom is offline Rookie

We need to RUN THE FOOTBALL WITH VIOLENCE this December....Favre has gone from game manager to work horse. We need to put the focus back on the ground game.

If I were Chilly I'd have the line, TE, backs fired up to be carrying the team down the stretch. I'd really be hammering that point home.

We need to get MEAN!!!!
    None

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

Holmstrom wrote:
    We need to RUN THE FOOTBALL WITH VIOLENCE this December....Favre has gone from game manager to work horse. We need to put the focus back on the ground game.

If I were Chilly I'd have the line, TE, backs fired up to be carrying the team down the stretch. I'd really be hammering that point home.

We need to get MEAN!!!!
    i feel you on the gamemanager to workhorse thing. but its sord of good cuz then we dont see the 8-9 in the box that much. im still surprised as to why petersons numbers are slightly down.

Its not possible to put the month of december on the shoulder of a 40 year old qb. i think the team needs to step up. One thing that bugs me is the loss of EJ. I just dont see our defense being that strong anymore. Granted he wasnt even having his best season, but when it came down to it, the job was getting done. I guess time will tell and hopefully i wont be catching myself saying "next year... next year..."

Sajid28 wrote:
    Holmstrom wrote:

We need to get MEAN!!!!
    i feel you on the gamemanager to workhorse thing. but its sord of good cuz then we dont see the 8-9 in the box that much. im still surprised as to why petersons numbers are slightly down.

Its not possible to put the month of december on the shoulder of a 40 year old qb. i think the team needs to step up. One thing that bugs me is the loss of EJ. I just dont see our defense being that strong anymore. Granted he wasnt even having his best season, but when it came down to it, the job was getting done. I guess time will tell and hopefully i wont be catching myself saying "next year... next year..."
    Maybe you could've put it on his back if you'd ran it some more in the earlier games.

I mean, it looked like that would happen when the season started. Peterson was running it and Favre would pass only when it was really necessary. If AP's not getting the job done, throw CT out there a bit. Do everything you have to to keep his arm rested as much as you can. We saw how it ended last year when he was asked to throw.

And the years before that, really.

Even if you lose some games from here on out, I think it'd be worth it. You know what the team can do with a healthy Favre. You know that you can do something in the play-offs. What is there to play for down the stretch? Of course, you'd have to hold on to that nr. 2 seed for a weeks rest. If you ask me, the nr. 1 seed is out of reach, already, anyway.

Then again, you don't want to destroy the chemistry, either. That thing that Favre and Rice have going is pretty nice.

In short, rest Favre as much as you can, or you'll be screwed in the play-offs. And that's before you meet the Packers.

Imo, of course.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

fanofteam is offline Starter

jmcdon00 wrote:
    Screw december, 2 wins is fine. We need a January to remember.
    I disagree, the CArds could easilly run it out as they have a very soft schedule

2-2 and we could lose the bye week.

This weeks game is huge, don't need the bye week resting on a Giants team possibly needing the game to make the playoffs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast