Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: As Vikings near a North title, team approach is on hold

"kevoncox" wrote:
    Shank does not do enough to be considered a god send. He catches a few balls that's it. He is not a threat. Are we that low that when someone catches a ball it means that they ahve done something good?
    no, we are that low that we consider bobby wade to be reliable.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Bars92" wrote:
    Basically we are going to have to play the Cowboys, Redskins or Panthers in the first round of the playoffs. Am I right?
    Basically, if we don't win tonight, there will be no playoffs.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"kevoncox" wrote:
    Shank does not do enough to be considered a god send. He catches a few balls that's it. He is not a threat. Are we that low that when someone catches a ball it means that they ahve done something good?
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    3) Shank or Stank. You know how I feel about him. I must admit that he has grown on me some. Is he a better player than he was at the start of the season yes. Is he the answer at TE? No. How bad is our passing game when a 1 catch TE is now seen as good? Yes he gets open but mostly due to playaction of someone biting on AD. He is decent and an improvement can be and should be made.
    A God send? No. But Shank is a lot better than you give him credit for. Your blind hatred for players tends to always cloud your perception of them.

Sure he doesn't catch as many passes as Gonzales, Whitten, Clark, Dallas, Winslow or Shockey, but he isn't thrown to as often as those TE's are either.

Shiancoe also does a lot more with the ball when he catches it than you give him credit for. You are just blind to it & refuse to see it.

There are 84 TE's in the league.

Shiancoe ranks tied for 4th in TD's with 4. Furthermore, he produces a TD once every 6.5 catches. That is better than any of the a fore mentioned TE's including Gonzales (7.2) & Gates (10.8) who are considered top TE's in the league. Also noteworthy is the fact that Shiancoe has the same number of TD's as Bernard Berrian who has had 8 more receptions than Shank.

Shiancoe also ranks tied for 12th with YPC (13.6) which is better than any of the a fore mentioned TE's. Whitten is the next closest with 12.2.

He ranks tied for 18th with number of catches this season, but there again, you can't catch the ball if it is not thrown to you.

He ranks 15th with number of yards this season, 17th in YPG, but there again, you can't catch the ball if it is not thrown to you.

In passes of 20+ yards, he is tied for 4th. Of the TE's mentioned above, only Gonzales & Whitten have more, but if you look at 20+ yard passes caught per reception, Shiancoe catches 1 every 3.7 catches. Gonzales (8.1) & Whitten (5.3)

In passes of 40+ yards, he is tied for 2nd. Only Vernon Davis has more.

Is he great? No. But he is turning out to be a solid TE for what we use him for.

To sit there and say he catches a few a passes & that is it is an understatement. only 3 TE's in the league have caught more TD's than he has.

To call him a 1 catch TE is downright laughable.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

I disagree that this is an interesting article.
    I think it is yet another shot at the Vikings by Reusse, who would rather criticize the Vikes and kiss the Packer's green and yellow asses than do a thorough job of reporting.
    He is a sniper of malcontent and is contributing to the negativity that surrounds my (our) Team.
    A couple of facts, convenient interpretation of Wilf's words, and a lame comparison to the Pukers does not make this asshole a good writer.

He, like so many hacks on the internet, took 10 minutes to hit his deadline with a random thought of, "hey, why don't I take a shot at Wilf today instead of Childress."
    I read the Strib and the Pioneer Press everyday, Souhan and Reusse take turns sniping at the Vikes.....if you've seen Reusse on TV, he's worse.
    At least he's consistent in his negative approach...here, allow me to be consistent too:
    GFY Reusse.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

To get back to the main point of the article...
    The Viking are picking up FA vets for one reason only -- WIN NOW! Wilf can't wait around for players to develop. He has to have the Vikings winning right now so he can get some help with the new stadium. Unfortunately the team isn't doing it.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    To get back to the main point of the article...
    The Viking are picking up FA vets for one reason only -- WIN NOW! Wilf can't wait around for players to develop. He has to have the Vikings winning right now so he can get some help with the new stadium. Unfortunately the team isn't doing it.
    Thanks and agreed Cojo.
    Not only did you capture the real point, you may have taught Reusse how to do his job
    ;D.
    Would rather read your posts than a Reusse article anyday!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    You are the only one who thinks this guy is going to be anything. Even the Coaches pulled him. So what who expects? Me or the Coaches? We both seem to agree. Hmmm what does that say. He is garbage and I have a hard time believing he could be any good at Center plus we already have Birks replacement.

How much time do you think he should get? He has started 29 games at right tackle!!!!!!!!! Still he makes the same mistakes. Draft us an OT! They failed to do that last year and now they are paying for it just like at the QB position. Yet you keep defending this staff for their drafting. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
    Are you trying to tell me that he is playing the same way he played 29 games ago?

I will give you two points......

He is not consistent.
    I attribute that to coaching and not his talent level.
    He was taken to high.
    I attribute that to Dickhead Foley and how he messed that draft up.

Long story short, is he playing at the level of a NFL starting RT right now?
    No, but I still say that he will be.
    If not for this team, then for another.
    Do you see significant improvement? I don't. Judging by the benching, I think the coaching staff agrees. So now you are blaming coaching when you are the one always preaching execution.
    What benching? Although he didn't start, Cook played last Sunday.
    He is no longer the starter.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "Bars92" wrote:
    Basically we are going to have to play the Cowboys, Redskins or Panthers in the first round of the playoffs. Am I right?
    Basically, if we don't win tonight, there will be no playoffs.
    You mean tomorrow night.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Geesh nothing has changed...nice to see all of you...

In response to the article...I think Wilf is doing the best he can not to fire Childress. I also believe in him as a owner.

In response to some of the statements. Cook was taken too high, which angered me. A second round on him was a waste. Griffin is a good corner, yes he gets his fumbles like Ty Law gets INT's. Just because they throw at you all the time doesnt always generate an all pro- shutdown- dont throw on me corner. As for as Shanc, he is doing good- and has a very good td number especially with what this team has to work with.
    And finally I think the Viking newspaper dudes should be fired by there bosses

These are only my opinions- thank you- and nothing will change my mind of my opinion.
    Neph

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    3) Shank or Stank. You know how I feel about him. I must admit that he has grown on me some. Is he a better player than he was at the start of the season yes. Is he the answer at TE? No. How bad is our passing game when a 1 catch TE is now seen as good? Yes he gets open but mostly due to playaction of someone biting on AD. He is decent and an improvement can be and should be made.
    A God send? No. But Shank is a lot better than you give him credit for. Your blind hatred for players tends to always cloud your perception of them.

Sure he doesn't catch as many passes as Gonzales, Whitten, Clark, Dallas, Winslow or Shockey, but he isn't thrown to as often as those TE's are either.

Shiancoe also does a lot more with the ball when he catches it than you give him credit for. You are just blind to it & refuse to see it.

There are 84 TE's in the league.

Shiancoe ranks tied for 4th in TD's with 4. Furthermore, he produces a TD once every 6.5 catches. That is better than any of the a fore mentioned TE's including Gonzales (7.2) & Gates (10.8) who are considered top TE's in the league. Also noteworthy is the fact that Shiancoe has the same number of TD's as Bernard Berrian who has had 8 more receptions than Shank.

Shiancoe also ranks tied for 12th with YPC (13.6) which is better than any of the a fore mentioned TE's. Whitten is the next closest with 12.2.

He ranks tied for 18th with number of catches this season, but there again, you can't catch the ball if it is not thrown to you.

He ranks 15th with number of yards this season, 17th in YPG, but there again, you can't catch the ball if it is not thrown to you.

In passes of 20+ yards, he is tied for 4th. Of the TE's mentioned above, only Gonzales & Whitten have more, but if you look at 20+ yard passes caught per reception, Shiancoe catches 1 every 3.7 catches. Gonzales (8.1) & Whitten (5.3)

In passes of 40+ yards, he is tied for 2nd. Only Vernon Davis has more.

Is he great? No. But he is turning out to be a solid TE for what we use him for.

To sit there and say he catches a few a passes & that is it is an understatement. only 3 TE's in the league have caught more TD's than he has.

To call him a 1 catch TE is downright laughable.

HAHA

OWNED!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast