Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vikingsblitz is offline Training Camp

Re: Vikings name captains (for the year)

I like these picks. They make sense to me.
    We come from the land of the ice and snow...crying Valhalla, I am coming!

Check out Vikings Blitz and feel the rush!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"PurplePowerPunch" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    I was surprised that Longwell was named captain. A kicker... but on the other hand it's nice to see a kicker get so much respect. I was 99 % shure that E.J. Henderson would be named captain, and not very surprised that Hutchinson was named captain either.
    Birk seems like he would make a slightly better captain than Hutch...but what do I know?
    Yeah, I thought Birk would be named Capt. of the Offense.
    Me to, especially for his overall commitment to the team and how he was always there for them.
    (Sarcasim alert)

Comeon guys, seriously, to be named Capt by your teamates is a pretty high honor which is earned by way of garnering respect for your commitment to the team.
    Do you really think Matt garnered that respect this year?

Again, I will be labeled as a Birk hater here but seriously, tell me why you think he should have been named Capt by his teamates.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"marstc09" wrote:
    Take that Marrdro!

Ryan Longwell, an ex-Packer, is a captain.
    Your killing me....... ;D

I tried to veto that and get Kluwe tagged after Heath went down but I guess my veto power is crap.
    Maybe us fans really don't have a say in what happens.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    I was surprised that Longwell was named captain. A kicker... but on the other hand it's nice to see a kicker get so much respect. I was 99 % shure that E.J. Henderson would be named captain, and not very surprised that Hutchinson was named captain either.
    Birk seems like he would make a slightly better captain than Hutch...but what do I know?
    Me to, especially for his overall commitment to the team and how he was always there for them.
    (Sarcasim alert)

Comeon guys, seriously, to be named Capt by your teamates is a pretty high honor which is earned by way of garnering respect for your commitment to the team.

Again, I will be labeled as a Birk hater here but seriously, tell me why you think he should have been named Capt by his teamates.
    Come on, a guy like Matt with his record he should deserve it IMO.. he's been here his whole career.
    I've got no problem with Hutch but i'd rather see Matty taking it.

If Favre gets elected with the Jets, a team he has no history what-so-ever with then i think Birk would be a no-brainer
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    (Sarcasim alert)

Come on, a guy like Matt with his record he should deserve it IMO.. he's been here his whole career.

If Favre gets elected with the Jets, a team he has no history what-so-ever with then i think Birk would be a no-brainer
    I hear ya my friend, he has been here along time and has provided us with alot of memories, however, we aren't talking about the past here.
    We are talking about this season.

IMHO he hasn't done anything that would garner the right to wear a C on his uni.
    Besides, Hutch will be here next year and the year after.
    Gives us some continuity at the Capt position.
    ;D

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    [quote author=HEY link=topic=47594.msg830304#msg830304 date=1220563087]
    (Sarcasim alert)

I hear ya my friend, he has been here along time and has provided us with alot of memories, however, we aren't talking about the past here.
    We are talking about this season.

IMHO he hasn't done anything that would garner the right to wear a C on his uni.
    Besides, Hutch will be here next year and the year after.
    Gives us some continuity at the Capt position.

;D
    [/quote]
    Yeah i get that, I'm not optimistic that Birk will stay here for another season as things roll as they do.

Still, Birk deserves it also. They are both players who deserve it ( IMO ) but still, Birk is a true Viking.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

Hutchinson makes perfect sense to me.

1) He is the best player on our offense, bar none (AD is great, of course, but Hutchinson is arguably the best guard the NFL has seen in at least 10 years).

2) Childress has said it, and so have other coaches and players: Hutchinson brings a "nastiness" to the offensive line. That is exactly who I want setting the tone for the offense. I want our offense to be nasty. I want to see DE's pancaked and corners ruthlessly picked on when they're having bad days ([size=6pt]incidentally, anyone see Smoot getting smoked by Burress yesterday--interception notwithstanding?[/size] )

3) Matt Birk, as Marrdro pointed out, has been less than a leader of late. And when you couple that with lackluster performance, there was no way he was getting this job.

"The" wrote:
    Hutchinson makes perfect sense to me.

1) He is the best player on our offense, bar none (AD is great, of course, but Hutchinson is arguably the best guard the NFL has seen in at least 10 years).

2) Childress has said it, and so have other coaches and players: Hutchinson brings a "nastiness" to the offensive line. That is exactly who I want setting the tone for the offense. I want our offense to be nasty. I want to see DE's pancaked and corners ruthlessly picked on when they're having bad days ([size=6pt]incidentally, anyone see Smoot getting smoked by Burress yesterday--interception notwithstanding?[/size] )

3) Matt Birk, as Marrdro pointed out, has been less than a leader of late. And when you couple that with lackluster performance, there was no way he was getting this job.
    Excellent post my friend.
    Couldn't have said it better.

Just checked the ole spread sheet by the way.
    Can't move you up any more.
    Top of the list my friend.
    Top of the list.
    ;D

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Take that Marrdro!

I tried to veto that and get Kluwe tagged after Heath went down but I guess my veto power is crap.
    Who do you think was the one that got Chase cut?

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Take that Marrdro!

Who do you think was the one that got Chase cut?
    LOL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast