Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I agree he is a major talent, but cancer is cancer. You have to try to get rid of it or it will spread.
    He had an argument with Frazier in the locker room. I haven't heard anyone say he is a cancer in the locker room.

Hell, AD has his backside, wants him back and says he'd never trade him. Does that scream cancer to you?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    How many teams can you name that have won a Super Bowl, but don't have a stud player on their team making a lot of money?
    We have several already. Percy as good as he is...is not worth that money.
    Not enough Tds and yards. Can care less about the yards he gets off kickoffs because that argument is the argument used to make him look like more than what he is. People point of his total yards in the top 3 of the Nfl, since he came into the league. Take away the return yards and he is a talented, explosive and exciting player but not a dominant one. The type of money he is asking for requires dominance. I was happy to see AD paid because he is dominant. I was happy to see Allen paid etc. However, if Percy doesn't want a deal closer to his true value....meh... 5 years 30-35 million... then trade his ass. He is not a 5 years 55 millon guy.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    He had an argument with Frazier in the locker room. I haven't heard anyone say he is a cancer in the locker room.

Hell, AD has his backside, wants him back and says he'd never trade him. Does that scream cancer to you?
    Frazier did not banish him to the IR for the remainder of the season and the playoffs because of one yelling match on the sidelines of a game. Or the locker room. Or for a sprained ankle. There is a lot more there. Leslie seems pretty even keeled. Not the type to overreact to a single situation. Hell, he played under Ditka for crying out loud. He knows how heated the sidelines can get. He got rid of one of his most talented players for a reason. I respect the fact that he hasn't aired it out in public.
    Last edited by marshallvike; 03-07-2013 at 08:45 AM.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    We have several already. Percy as good as he is...is not worth that money.
    Not enough Tds and yards. Can care less about the yards he gets off kickoffs because that argument is the argument used to make him look like more than what he is. People point of his total yards in the top 3 of the Nfl, since he came into the league. Take away the return yards and he is a talented, explosive and exciting player but not a dominant one. The type of money he is asking for requires dominance. I was happy to see AD paid because he is dominant. I was happy to see Allen paid etc. However, if Percy doesn't want a deal closer to his true value....meh... 5 years 30-35 million... then trade his ass. He is not a 5 years 55 millon guy.
    Prior to getting hurt, he was on pace to average something like 120 catches and 1300+ yards. Considering we have a guy who you said will NEVER throw over 3000 yards, I don't know how much more dominant of a player you want. Calvin Johnson isn't going to put up 1900 yards on our team.

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Prior to getting hurt, he was on pace to average something like 120 catches and 1300+ yards. Considering we have a guy who you said will NEVER throw over 3000 yards, I don't know how much more dominant of a player you want. Calvin Johnson isn't going to put up 1900 yards on our team.
    Who cares what he was on pace for.. he didn't get it. The reason, simply, he cannot take that kind of punishment. His 120 catches is different than say that of Marshall. He catches it behind the line where the players in position (doesn't always happen) to tackle him are LBS, S and CBs. Other Wrs with those stats tend to catch further down field and are usually bigger than the Cbs tackling him. Basically, if he is on pace for 120, he will never see it.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Who cares what he was on pace for.. he didn't get it. The reason, simply, he cannot take that kind of punishment. His 120 catches is different than say that of Marshall. He catches it behind the line where the players in position (doesn't always happen) to tackle him are LBS, S and CBs. Other Wrs with those stats tend to catch further down field and are usually bigger than the Cbs tackling him. Basically, if he is on pace for 120, he will never see it.
    Right, he got his ankle bent in a way that should have sent him for season ending surgery. I don't buy the whole abuse theory.

FACT is, Harvin does NOT have problems staying healthy, despite the common belief that he does. He HAD some migrane issues, but those haven't been reported for over 2 years. He's missed only 3 games leading up to last season all career.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    So what you're saying is we should trade AD as well? Afterall, we did tie up 96 million in 7 years into 1 player. Perhaps at this point, you feel we need to trade him to get something for him and invest in a young RB. He is sending us to cap hell quickly.

Bottom line is great players get paid & having great players is necessary to wining SB's. The odds are slim where you're going to have a great team whose entire roster & star players are all going to be working under rookie contracts and/or minimum salary.
    I think the major difference is return on investment.

Percy is talented, no doubt about it. But he doesn't carry the team on his back like Adrian does.

Without Percy, we make the play-offs, without Adrian, we pick #1 overall every year (slight exaggeration).

We need solid WR's...something we haven't had in a LONG time. Trouble is, they're expensive. Percy, IMO, is over-priced. He's not a consistent game-breaker like Moss was. And, as mentioned, he doesn't carry the fate of the franchise. Top it all off with his reputed attitude, and that adds up to "TRADE BAIT".

Sad thing here is that Percy has the TALENT to help carry the team....not on the same level as Adrian does, but significantly....but he lacks the selflessness to do so.

Caine

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    yahoo sports has a rumor of us trading PH to the 49ers. hope we get enough for him. hate to see him go.
    Y! SPORTS

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Right, he got his ankle bent in a way that should have sent him for season ending surgery. I don't buy the whole abuse theory.

FACT is, Harvin does NOT have problems staying healthy, despite the common belief that he does. He HAD some migrane issues, but those haven't been reported for over 2 years. He's missed only 3 games leading up to last season all career.
    Forget the migrines. How many games has he been banged up in. How many games has he been seriously hurt the week of, unable to practice and then plays limited. Its not the first season he has had a bad ankle. That's not going to get better the more he hurts it. He might not miss games but atleast 4 games a year he is at risk for not playing in.

Flair Hay is offline Rookie
    I'm in the camp of "Pay Percival." Half a year ago we were telling any fans that would listen Harvin was a legitimate MVP candidate. Saying we won without him so we can continue to do so is very short sighted. If we could sign him to an $11-12M contract I say sign me up. If the rest of the team ever plays to a SB contender level, we will be so sorry we let him go when our team has plenty of depth but only AD
    As a true game breaker. If at all possible I say water under the bridge, extend him and lets try to add cheap talent around two of the most dynamic players in the league.

There is no one in the league we can get to replace Percy Harvin.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast