Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Rice fell just short of catching Ponder in yardage, but he did have a longer completion than Ponder. Rice's pass went for 25 yards while Ponders longest was 14. I'd just like to add that Rice's pass was a roll out and also right on target.

I'd hate to see any of these guys get traded, they're really the only thing that keeps me watching when the Vikings go in the tank like this. The trade deadline has passed, so it can't happen until next year anyway. Harvin is already showing signs of being disgruntled, and Allen seems to have been getting more angry near the end of games too.

Randy Moss left because he said he felt he'd never win a championship if he stayed in Minnesota, and he almost got 1 with New England. I can't say the Vikings will never win a championship, but I know they're not going to win one anytime soon. And going by our track record of always having an incompetent owner/front office, and hiring 1st year bargain coaches, and not being able to find a franchise QB, we probably won't win one in my lifetime.

Who knows, maybe once we get into the new stadium things will change and go our way for awhile. And maybe we'll have a mini dynasty by 2020.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    I'd hate to see any of these guys get traded, they're really the only thing that keeps me watching when the Vikings go in the tank like this. The trade deadline has passed, so it can't happen until next year anyway. Harvin is already showing signs of being disgruntled, and Allen seems to have been getting more angry near the end of games too.

Randy Moss left because he said he felt he'd never win a championship if he stayed in Minnesota, and he almost got 1 with New England. I can't say the Vikings will never win a championship, but I know they're not going to win one anytime soon. And going by our track record of always having an incompetent owner/front office, and hiring 1st year bargain coaches, and not being able to find a franchise QB, we probably won't win one in my lifetime.

Who knows, maybe once we get into the new stadium things will change and go our way for awhile. And maybe we'll have a mini dynasty by 2020.

Exactly, well put. The Vikings haven't won a SB in any fans life time, so why should they change now? I am 34 years old, and I seriously doubt I will ever witness them winning a SB. I hope I am wrong, but I don't believe it will happen. This team better get a completely new direction next season, and by that I mean a completely new coaching staff, not 1 guy stays. Draft or trade for a real QB, and get another WR or 2 to complement Harvin.

This team needs a lot of help, so maybe trading guys like Harvin and Peterson will be able to get some good players in return, and some high draft picks. As good as Peterson is, we haven't been able to win a SB with him, so why not trade him to a team that gives him a legit shot at winning a title, and get a few good draft picks out of it?

The thought of AD on another team sucks, but he is approaching 30 years old, and even though he hasn't shown any effects from that ACL tear, he will slow down in the coming years. All I know is under this coaching staff, with these systems, and a lot of these useless players, this team is stale. Time to freshen it up.

Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    This team needs a lot of help, so maybe trading guys like Harvin and Peterson will be able to get some good players in return, and some high draft picks.
    Normally I'd agree with you, but given our front office, I'm sure we'd get garbage in return. Something like another Napoleon Harris (Isn't that who we got for Moss?) lol. I could see us trying to pull of a Herschel Walker type deal on some team, but seeing it backfire on us haha.

I think Harvin is gone once he hits free agency. He's already showing signs of frustration, so it might be a good idea to think about trading him, or finding a QB that can get him the ball, or paying him what he deserves.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    I am 34 years old, and I seriously doubt I will ever witness them winning a SB.
    Hell, you haven't even witnessed them losing one yet.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Vikings Must Stick With Ponder

They certainly do.

Oops , my bad. I thought the title said " the Vikings must suck with Ponder".

CaptainKirk is offline Training Camp
    I think it's entirely possible that Ponder is worse than TJack ever was.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Normally I'd agree with you, but given our front office, I'm sure we'd get garbage in return. Something like another Napoleon Harris (Isn't that who we got for Moss?) lol. I could see us trying to pull of a Herschel Walker type deal on some team, but seeing it backfire on us haha.

I think Harvin is gone once he hits free agency. He's already showing signs of frustration, so it might be a good idea to think about trading him, or finding a QB that can get him the ball, or paying him what he deserves.
    I don't think Harvin will ever hit free agency. He would have to play out next season with no guarantees, no one wants to play on a one year deal, the rick of injury is too great. Even if he did the Vikings would most likely franchise him the following year.
    I think the Vikings will extend him this off season, he's been a great player that has exceeded expectations, and it's not like the Vikings are real deep at WR.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainKirk View Post
    I think it's entirely possible that Ponder is worse than TJack ever was.
    I guess it's possible...

Not very probably, but hell - anything's possible...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Early on, when the Vikings were winning, the offense exhibited an inability to score touchdowns in the red zone. It seemed to be more of a product of play calling than execution as Musgrave didn't always have his playmakers on the field.
    Now that defenses are making adjustments to what worked for the Vikings, they can't seem to find any answers and Ponder can't seem to make the throws needed.
    Everybody has a role in their ineptitude from pass protectors, receivers, and coaching, but clearly the most glaringly consistant difference is with Ponder.
    Ponder actually got worse as the season progressed last year instead of showing steady improvement. Let's hope that isn't a trend that continues this year.
    Ponder has the rest of this year to pull his head out and do his part or someone will likely lose their job.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast