Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re:VIKINGS MUST DO ___ TO MAKE THE SUPER BOWL...

Im a waffler when it comes to Chilly

Im cool with him stayin for a bit because I don't feel like starting over

Sometimes I wish we could tho because I feel it wouldn't hurt us one bit

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Hutch is struggling?

Define struggling. :unsure:

We must play with "heart" to make the Super Bowl.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Vikings must do ____ to make the Super Bowl:
    This year: There is nothing we can do. We will lose in the first playoff game we play.

Next year: Fire Childress. If his team comes out that flat on both sides of the ball in a nationally televised, primetime game against the Super Bowl runner-ups what can we get up for?

Where's the heart? The tenacity? The ego?

A team with as much talent as we have should be flying around knocking people out, breaking off big chunks of yardage play after play, snarling and spitting the whole time. Let the opposition know who's boss.

We need more than just talent, which Childress has hid behind an abundance of for a few years now. More than just talent, we need that spark, confidence, that drive, the will to win. Look at how the 49ers and the Ravens played us. Do you think that came from talent? Nuh-uh, no way brother. That was all heart.

We should have gone into Arizona last night and put our foot directly in Whisenhunt's ass. Should've sacked Warner more times than we could keep track of in our heads, Peterson should have torn up the field, that was a game we were supposed to win. We came out flatter than a witch's tit in Kansas. They dominated us in every aspect of the game. Not everyone is a self-motivator like Allen and Peterson(or Harvin apparently, he was the one bright spot last night) most guys need to be coached up to play. You think that the Raiders beat the Steelers because of the talent on the field yesterday? Nope. Crazy-ass Tom Cable probably put some fire in their bellies and unleashed them on Pittsburgh like a bunch of animals.

We will match up with, and beat any team we go against on paper. But we will never win a Super Bowl with Brad Childress as a head coach. He might be an "offensive mastermind," a "QB guru," or "run a kick ass offense." But if he can't get them to play every week, or play when it counts, he's as good as dirt. Can him when we lose in the playoffs, hire someone with a pair of balls and a temper. There's a few guys out there with those qualities plus Super Bowl rings right now that I'm sure would love to hop on board our longship stacked with talented (Minnesota) Vikings.
    I'm tired of how you beat around the bush my friend. I wish, just for one time, you would tell us what you really think. B)

On a side (but somewhat related discussion) note, should Tomlin get fired for how the defending SB champions are playing?
    Certainly not. They lost a lot in the offseason and they've had a bunch of key injuries this season. The rest of their division got better and they got worse.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Mr Anderson wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    This year: There is nothing we can do. We will lose in the first playoff game we play.

Next year: Fire Childress. If his team comes out that flat on both sides of the ball in a nationally televised, primetime game against the Super Bowl runner-ups what can we get up for?

A team with as much talent as we have should be flying around knocking people out, breaking off big chunks of yardage play after play, snarling and spitting the whole time. Let the opposition know who's boss.

We need more than just talent, which Childress has hid behind an abundance of for a few years now. More than just talent, we need that spark, confidence, that drive, the will to win. Look at how the 49ers and the Ravens played us. Do you think that came from talent? Nuh-uh, no way brother. That was all heart.

We should have gone into Arizona last night and put our foot directly in Whisenhunt's ass. Should've sacked Warner more times than we could keep track of in our heads, Peterson should have torn up the field, that was a game we were supposed to win. We came out flatter than a witch's tit in Kansas. They dominated us in every aspect of the game. Not everyone is a self-motivator like Allen and Peterson(or Harvin apparently, he was the one bright spot last night) most guys need to be coached up to play. You think that the Raiders beat the Steelers because of the talent on the field yesterday? Nope. Crazy-ass Tom Cable probably put some fire in their bellies and unleashed them on Pittsburgh like a bunch of animals.

We will match up with, and beat any team we go against on paper. But we will never win a Super Bowl with Brad Childress as a head coach. He might be an "offensive mastermind," a "QB guru," or "run a kick ass offense." But if he can't get them to play every week, or play when it counts, he's as good as dirt. Can him when we lose in the playoffs, hire someone with a pair of balls and a temper. There's a few guys out there with those qualities plus Super Bowl rings right now that I'm sure would love to hop on board our longship stacked with talented (Minnesota) Vikings.
    I'm tired of how you beat around the bush my friend. I wish, just for one time, you would tell us what you really think. B)

On a side (but somewhat related discussion) note, should Tomlin get fired for how the defending SB champions are playing?
    Certainly not. They lost a lot in the offseason and they've had a bunch of key injuries this season. The rest of their division got better and they got worse.
    Well thats not the answer I was hoping for.

I was hoping you would say something along the lines that would allow me to chime in with something like...

"In the end they are all professionals. Not sure how much a coach has to do with making sure they play/act like professionals."

Fault I find with the coaching staff this weekend has nothing to do with "Fire" or "Heart". The players need to bring that. What the coaches should have been able to do was to help the players with coaching adjustments to what they were seeing on the field.

For me, I think the steam went out shortly after the players figured out that help (Adjustments) weren't coming, at least not in time to help win the game.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Here's my take:
    1. Run The F***ing Ball: Our running game has been disappointing this year especially lately. Hutchinson hasn't looked like a perennial all pro to me when I am focusing on the line. When we do run, there are usually other team's defenders in the backfield and I think we might need to start getting creative with the run game if it doesn't improve. I'd like to see some unbalanced sets and maybe even a little Wild Cat. Hell, Tennessee has ran the option with success and if we could use TJ to help get AD the ball in space I am all for it.
    2. Get Quick Pressure: I anticipate if we were to make a Super Bowl run it'd go through New Orleans and there is no way our secondary can match up if we don't have a fierce pass rush from our front 4.
    3. Get back to black and blue division football: We shouldn't be throwing it nearly as much as we have. This comes back to my innovative Running the F***ing ball idea. We are not going to win a shootout with teams like New Orleans or Arizona in the playoffs and I think we have to hit them in the mouth.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:

I was hoping you would say something along the lines that would allow me to chime in with something like...

"In the end they are all professionals. Not sure how much a coach has to do with making sure they play/act like professionals."

Fault I find with the coaching staff this weekend has nothing to do with "Fire" or "Heart". The players need to bring that. What the coaches should have been able to do was to help the players with coaching adjustments to what they were seeing on the field.

For me, I think the steam went out shortly after the players figured out that help (Adjustments) weren't coming, at least not in time to help win the game.
    I'm with you Marty.
    Where was the adjustment to the double team on Allen most of the night?
    Frazier didn't have the answer. Probably because the answer isn't in blitzing a guy like Warner. He'll make you pay.
    The answer is in 93 or 91 stepping up in single coverage and applying pressure. It didn't happen.

When they start kicking to our fullback/tight end, why didn't the special teams coach put Chester Taylor, or Reynaud in that spot.

What was different about our game plan going into this game that was specificly directed toward our opponent? Anything?
    Or was it the same game plan we trot out every week.

Players were flat. But the coaches need to look in the mirror this week and provide the players with the game plan and adjustments to be successful.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Get the run game going.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

try Chester and Butterfingers in the backfield at the same time

jargomcfargo wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:

I'm with you Marty.
    Frazier didn't have the answer. Probably because the answer isn't in blitzing a guy like Warner. He'll make you pay.
    The answer is in 93 or 91 stepping up in single coverage and applying pressure. It didn't happen.

When they start kicking to our fullback/tight end, why didn't the special teams coach put Chester Taylor, or Reynaud in that spot.

What was different about our game plan going into this game that was specificly directed toward our opponent? Anything?

Players were flat. But the coaches need to look in the mirror this week and provide the players with the game plan and adjustments to be successful.
    Great stuff my friend.

Funny, so far you are the only one who commented on that little issue.

Very observant, very observant indeed.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jargomcfargo wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:

I'm with you Marty.

Great stuff my friend.

Funny, so far you are the only one who commented on that little issue.

Very observant, very observant indeed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast