Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings must be accountable to us

[size=12pt]Letters from Readers: May 5, 2007[/size]
    Submitted by Nancy Huddleston on May 4, 2007 - 5:00pm.

[size=13pt]Vikings must be accountable to us[/size]

To the editor;

The “owners” of the Vikings have lost money every year and still do not complain as much as they should about the operation of the team and team personnel. Who are these owners that are so tolerant of this team’s actions on and off the field? The Wilf family bought the stock to control the destiny of the Vikings with the intent of making a profit. All employees, from Zygmunt Wilf on down to the lowest employee, are all associated with the Vikings with the intent to make money. Who are these invisible owners that pay all these bills with no hope of profit? “We the public” spend approximately $25,000,000 a year on tickets. Since most of the money made by the Vikings is made from the advertisers, who only advertise to entice us to buy their products, then let’s put a little higher figure for money contributed by the advertisers – say $35,000,000. Now, to contribute this amount, let’s say this is 10 percent of their profits. The profits then would be $350,000,000. To make this amount of profit, the gross sales to the consumer would be … you get an idea of how much is spent to keep this team here. “We the public” spend in the area of $1 billion a year to keep this team here. This money is gone with no hope of any profits, since the money was spent and not invested.Now we start a new year of football beginning with the highly publicized draft. All of the first-round draft selections will make a lot of money, and so will some of the second- and third-round selections. Money is a reward for excelling in their chosen field and motivates everyone to do the best they can. The money they get is well-earned because others are profiting from their efforts. Some of us are in fields that do not make the headlines very often, so we do not have a following as those in more visible fields. As an example remember “Arnie’s Army?” My new field is retirement, and I have no fear of losing my job until the Lord decides it is time for me to go to my new home. At present I do not influence a lot of people.These highly publicized players have responsibilities, which must be fulfilled. Our young people look at these players and try to copy their lifestyle on and off the field. We are the ones who pay their salaries and we have a right to apply penalties for the misuse of our funds. All too often, some of these players are arrested for drug and alcohol abuse and sexual misconduct. They do not realize they do not have a private life, but their conduct is always made very visible to all. That goes with fame and fortune. Their penalty should be approximately 10 percent of their annual salary so that they know this is more than a slap on the hand. This is unusually high but, on the other hand, these are not usual people with normal influence on our young people. We pay their salaries.This money should then go into a fund to help young people with alcohol or drug addiction problems. Our young people today are barraged with lifestyles that lead them astray and need to be protected. The youth of today is a valuable commodity. Let’s not waste it.

Elio Guidarelli

Savage

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings must be accountable to us

I'm still trying to figure out his point!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Okay, that was the most incomprihensible op-ed I've ever seen.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

He must be a fan of Tom Powers.
    Assumption is based on the fact that he writes like him
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

There was not a single piece of useful information in that entire paragraph.
    I am looking for page 2... you know, where the point must be?

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Sounds like a prelude to dementia. And who, pray tell, is going to pay for your possible prolonged care in the alzhiemers unit?

Next time I suggest you make a point ramblin man!
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I actually thought about posting this editorial in the "Thread About Nothing"

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

??? and the point he's trying to get across is..?

Thanks josdin00

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

seems to be getting her fair dose of crack in retirement.
    Good for her....usually the dealers just rob old ladies.
    Nice to see them giving back to the community.

Nice math.

gimli vike is offline Training Camp

That was a long way to get to no where!
    WTF was that all about?
    A spaced out Cheesehead maybe?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast