Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    VikesHawkFan26 is offline Waterboy

Vikings moving to 3-4 defense??

Cottrell said over the weekend on Sirius Satellite Radio that they may be moving toward the 3-4. Pat williams is the perfect nose guard for a 3-4.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Must of been a repeat....I think they settled on sticking to the 4 - 3 ?

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings moving to 3-4 defense??

"VikesHawkFan26" wrote:
    Cottrell said over the weekend on Sirius Satellite Radio that they may be moving toward the 3-4. Pat williams is the perfect nose guard for a 3-4.
    we dont' have a enough linebackers for a 3-4. Hek, we dont' have enough linebackers for a 4-3 unless they are planning to move morten anderson to the middle linebacker position.

UMDTwinsfan is offline Rookie

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    "VikesHawkFan26" wrote:
    we dont' have a enough linebackers for a 3-4. Hek, we dont' have enough linebackers for a 4-3 unless they are planning to move morten anderson to the middle linebacker position.
    We have enough for a 4-3 EJ Nap DT Nattiel Smith, and we'll probably draft one at somepoint in the draft . maybe even a 3-4 if we sign foreman but i doubt that happens It's not impossible but i doubt we switch
    Mike Tyson~ "My main objective is to be professional but to kill him."
    [img:01cfef02d5]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/MNTwins757/mine/Chrissfistattempt.jpg[/img:01cfef02d5]

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    "VikesHawkFan26" wrote:
    Actually, it will be Jose Cortez at Mike...the way he hits on kickoffs has impressed Pete Bercich enough to put Jose in there! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I thought that Tice had discounted going to a 3-4 as well .. then again with some of the spin that the Vikes put out then anything is possible.
    Williams would be a good NT in that scheme by moving KWill to DE would be a serious waste of his ability. His strength is causing mayhem in the middle so I really can't believe Cottrell would want to lose that advantage on the line
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Del Rio Guest

I am convinced we go 3-4 because that is the one thing besides injuries that can screw over our new and improved D. And Cottrell has to 1 up himself for last year awesome scheme.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

God, if we go 3-4 we will lose every game we play! Our LB's arent deep enough or skilled enough, and if we use big Pat as a nosetackle, where do we put K-Will? That just wouldnt make any sense. We've built our line to be a 4-3....K-Will, P-Will, Kenechi, and Johnstone/Mixon on the other side.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ltrey33" wrote:
    God, if we go 3-4 we will lose every game we play! Our LB's arent deep enough or skilled enough, and if we use big Pat as a nosetackle, where do we put K-Will? That just wouldnt make any sense. We've built our line to be a 4-3....K-Will, P-Will, Kenechi, and Johnstone/Mixon on the other side.
    I saw it somewhere that Tice is planning to start D. Scott at the other end (opposite UDZ)...if DT also starts, that would put our first three picks last year (UDZ, DT and DScott) starting on D, PLUS our first two picks from the year before (KWill and EJ) starting as well...how's that for building through the draft...couple them with the FA/Trade acquisitions the last two years (PWill, Nap, AWin, Smoot, DSharp, Chavous) and we got one helluva 4-3 D brewin'!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Vikings Fan At MSU is offline Training Camp

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "ltrey33" wrote:
    I saw it somewhere that Tice is planning to start D. Scott at the other end (opposite UDZ)...if DT also starts, that would put our first three picks last year (UDZ, DT and DScott) starting on D, PLUS our first two picks from the year before (KWill and EJ) starting as well...how's that for building through the draft...couple them with the FA/Trade acquisitions the last two years (PWill, Nap, AWin, Smoot, DSharp, Chavous) and we got one helluva 4-3 D brewin'!!!
    We better play in a 4-3 Defense cause thats how Harris played so well when he was in Oakland. Last year was shitty for him cause they moved to a 3-4 and he only had 65 tackles were as the previous year in a 4-3 he had 110+ tackles. If we get Derrik Johnson i believe it will benefit him too cause of his speed. Our DT's benefit way to much from a 4-3 to go to a 3/4 and make Kevin Williams a DE.
    Make Derrick Johnson the 7th pick in the 2005 NFL Draft

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast