Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Vikings mini camp

Notes from Star Tribune website:

TEMPERS FLARE: Coach Mike Tice praised the team's intensity in mini-camp, but things got a little too intense during one drill Saturday morning.

Rookie offensive lineman Marcus Johnson and defensive end Kenechi Udeze came to blows after getting tangled up during a running play.

Udeze threw a couple of haymakers that hit Johnson in the helmet. Coaches and players stepped in to break the scuffle up, and both Johnson and Udeze came away smiling.

——â€⠝

QUICK HITS: LB Napoleon Harris did not practice on Saturday because of a strained hamstring. ... QB Daunte Culpepper had some fun in the morning, serving as a CB during an offensive passing drill. He intercepted one of Brad Johnson's passes. ... Tice's quick assessment after two days of camp: "I think we've taken a real good jump forward as far as talent on our football team and speed. We seem to be smarter. ... Anyone who follows the team can see that we're improved.'

I am happy that mini camp is intense and I sure hope that the team is smarter now with all the veterans because last year we made a lot of dumb plays.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Vikings mini camp

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    Notes from Star Tribune website:

TEMPERS FLARE: Coach Mike Tice praised the team's intensity in mini-camp, but things got a little too intense during one drill Saturday morning.

Rookie offensive lineman Marcus Johnson and defensive end Kenechi Udeze came to blows after getting tangled up during a running play.

Udeze threw a couple of haymakers that hit Johnson in the helmet. Coaches and players stepped in to break the scuffle up, and both Johnson and Udeze came away smiling.

——â€⠝

QUICK HITS: LB Napoleon Harris did not practice on Saturday because of a strained hamstring. ... QB Daunte Culpepper had some fun in the morning, serving as a CB during an offensive passing drill. He intercepted one of Brad Johnson's passes. ... Tice's quick assessment after two days of camp: "I think we've taken a real good jump forward as far as talent on our football team and speed. We seem to be smarter. ... Anyone who follows the team can see that we're improved.'

I am happy that mini camp is intense and I sure hope that the team is smarter now with all the veterans because last year we made a lot of dumb plays.

Not a thing I want Daunte doing a whole lot of in camp!! Not surprised that Brad Johnson got picked off though!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Daunte can play DT if he wanted too
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

Yeah, but if we need him at QB I don't want him anywhere near the defensive side of the ball!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

MediaLoca is offline Rookie

Mini-Camp

So far I like How its going ....But i would Love to know whats going on with Fason ..Havent herd from him yet >?

SamDawg84 Guest

he could be like troy brown, play both sides of the ball!

lol, BAD IDEA!!

SamDawg84 Guest

yes i know it is, it was just a joke. No way would i want our star on our team to play corner. Expecially since we have some depth there now

I know you were joking! The sad thing is he probably could play a few different positions on D, and he'd make a helluva fullback or tight end too!

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

It's good to hear about the emotion going on in camp. That's really promising for people to already be showing that much intensity only in camp.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast