View Poll Results: What do you most prefer the Vikings do?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade up 5 spots, get A. Ogletree in round 1

5 25.00%
  • Draft Manti Te'o in round 1

5 25.00%
  • Draft Arthur Brown in round 1

3 15.00%
  • Draft Kevin Minter in round 1

2 10.00%
  • Draft Kiko Alonso in round 2

2 10.00%
  • Draft Jonathan Bostic in round 3

1 5.00%
  • Draft A.J. Klein in round 4

1 5.00%
  • No need of MLB. Roll with what we got!

1 5.00%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveling_Vike View Post
    Yeah, winning records were few and far between in our guesses. At 7-9 +/-2, I was still giving them more credit than most here.
    That's because IMO, most here, much like myself figured that AD wouldn't be back 100% healthy for the a good chunk of the first part of the season & quite possibly never get back to 100% of what he was before the injury.

What AD did with his recovery & the short time it took & what he did on the field last year in making several of those wins happen, is nothing short of phenomenal & was an extreme exception to the norm.

I don't think anyone could have predicted that.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Oh, I don't disagree, Singer. There was certainly good and sufficient reason for pessimism. It just seemed a little extreme to me, as evidenced by my own guess.

I guess I just don't believe that one man, no matter how phenomenal he is, can make that huge of a difference all by himself. by being out for part of the season. Remember, it was really just a question of how soon he would be ready, not if. It was generally accepted that, if anyone could come back from that injury, AD could. I simply gave a little bit more credit to the rest of the team and staff, that's all.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveling_Vike View Post
    Oh, I don't disagree, Singer. There was certainly good and sufficient reason for pessimism. It just seemed a little extreme to me, as evidenced by my own guess.

I guess I just don't believe that one man, no matter how phenomenal he is, can make that huge of a difference all by himself. by being out for part of the season. Remember, it was really just a question of how soon he would be ready, not if. It was generally accepted that, if anyone could come back from that injury, AD could. I simply gave a little bit more credit to the rest of the team and staff, that's all.
    A big part of his success was due to the job the line did blocking for him. Look back at the highlights and you will see OL including Loadholt with their asses downfield hitting guys in the 2nd and 3rd level and clearing the path for him. Without that effort he would have gotten what he did and he has said as much.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I don't know about that. I think Frazier is the one calling the shots as far as who is playing in which position. Spielman is in charge of acquiring talent. These are not the days in the not too distant past where one man, cough(Childress), cough, decided who to draft, which free agents to sign, and was responsible for depth charts and playcalling.
    I will agree with you on that point, but I'm not gonna say that the Chiller decided on who got drafted.

That was a organizational effort after the 2006 fiasco.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    A big part of his success was due to the job the line did blocking for him. Look back at the highlights and you will see OL including Loadholt with their asses downfield hitting guys in the 2nd and 3rd level and clearing the path for him. Without that effort he would have gotten what he did and he has said as much.
    For the life of me I can't figure out why everyone thinks AD did what he did alone.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Chad Greenway open to playing middle linebacker in 2013
    I like Greenway's team mindset, but let's hope he stays at where he plays and does well.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I will agree with you on that point, but I'm not gonna say that the Chiller decided on who got drafted.

That was a organizational effort after the 2006 fiasco.
    The Chiller had final say on the 53 man roster. Not sure what that meant, exactly, but it has been a well known fact.

Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    The Chiller had final say on the 53 man roster. Not sure what that meant, exactly, but it has been a well known fact.
    So does Leslie. Look, its a simple thing to understand. The FO pukes, along with the coaching staff populate the 90 man roster within the limits that the ownership group give them.

The coaches then have the most say in who, of those 90, make the 53 man roster.

That has nothing to do with the draft process though.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    So does Leslie. Look, its a simple thing to understand. The FO pukes, along with the coaching staff populate the 90 man roster within the limits that the ownership group give them.

The coaches then have the most say in who, of those 90, make the 53 man roster.

That has nothing to do with the draft process though.
    Problem is, you don't understand it correctly.

Spielman will have final say over the draft, all player transactions and the composition of the 80- and 53-man rosters.
    The one check on Spielman's power is supervision of the coaching staff. He will make roster and player decisions once reserved for the head coach in the old structure, but coach Leslie Frazier will continue to report directly to owners Zygi and Mark Wilf.
    Thoughts as the Rick Spielman Era begins - NFC North Blog - ESPN

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Vikings Middle Linebacker In 2013

Yeah, that is how I understand the structure to operate and I like this arrangement much better than under Childress.

Obviously by the lack of interviews for head coaching jobs it seems the rest of the league didn't think he was a very good coach either.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast