View Poll Results: What do you most prefer the Vikings do?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade up 5 spots, get A. Ogletree in round 1

5 25.00%
  • Draft Manti Te'o in round 1

5 25.00%
  • Draft Arthur Brown in round 1

3 15.00%
  • Draft Kevin Minter in round 1

2 10.00%
  • Draft Kiko Alonso in round 2

2 10.00%
  • Draft Jonathan Bostic in round 3

1 5.00%
  • Draft A.J. Klein in round 4

1 5.00%
  • No need of MLB. Roll with what we got!

1 5.00%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    I just saw this:
    Mike Wobschall: "Many #Vikings fans have expressed concern re: LB position. Keep in mind, it's a nickel league now. We were in 3-LB set just 41.8% of snaps."

Wow... I didn't know we used three linebackers that little. On second thought, we could have gone with a two linebacker set 90% of the time considering we had Winfield. Sometimes I'd rather have Winfield there against the run INSTEAD of a linebacker. That's how good he is. *sniff* I'm gonna miss him
    I did not know that either. That is a surprising stat. I am guessing that the fact that we are in a two back set more often than not factored in our decision to not address LB before the 4th round.

When we went to nickle last year, what LBs were on the field? I have a feeling it was Brinkley and Greenway, but I could be wrong.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Flair Hay is offline Rookie
    Henderson started out good but not great in the nickel. Got hurt and Brinkley took over. Played better than Henderson but not great so he won the spot. Then he struggled as the season went on in the role so they rotated a lot. That's how I remember seeing it anyway. I think if Spielman knew ahead of time we wouldn't be drafting an MLB he would have kept Brinkley around with Sanford, Loadholt, Simpson and Felton. I honestly think Floyd falling as far as he did put them in a spot they weren't prepared for and it threw a wrench into some plans they had. One of those "it is what it is" situations.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    After letting the idea of Erin Henderson taking over as the middle linebacker sink in I think this could be very good. And not just because we're thin at options, but it plays to Erin's strengths.

1. Erin has good size to play the middle at 6'3" and around 250. (he put on a little weight after the coaches told him that he's being switched to the middle)

2. Erin's biggest strength is perhaps his instincts and that is a better fit in the middle.

3. Erin's best game is stopping the run and he can be a tackling machine, but he's not been consistent on the outside. However, he will now get more into the action in the middle.

4. Erin is already the middle linebacker in the nickle defense. He has also been on the team for a long time so all this experience should be very helpful.

Bonus: 5. Erin's brother (E.J., whom he shares similar traits to) also started out on the outside in Minnesota then moved to the inside. We all know how significantly improved he was after the switch...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    After letting the idea of Erin Henderson taking over as the middle linebacker sink in I think this could be very good. And not just because we're thin at options, but it plays to Erin's strengths.

1. Erin has good size to play the middle at 6'3" and around 250. (he put on a little weight after the coaches told him that he's being switched to the middle)

2. Erin's biggest strength is perhaps his instincts and that is a better fit in the middle.

3. Erin's best game is stopping the run and he can be a tackling machine, but he's not been consistent on the outside. However, he will now get more into the action in the middle.

4. Erin is already the middle linebacker in the nickle defense. He has also been on the team for a long time so all this experience should be very helpful.

Bonus: 5. Erin's brother (E.J., whom he shares similar traits to) also started out on the outside in Minnesota then moved to the inside. We all know how significantly improved he was after the switch...
    Great point. Wish I would have thought of that.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Flair Hay View Post
    Henderson started out good but not great in the nickel. Got hurt and Brinkley took over. Played better than Henderson but not great so he won the spot. Then he struggled as the season went on in the role so they rotated a lot. That's how I remember seeing it anyway. I think if Spielman knew ahead of time we wouldn't be drafting an MLB he would have kept Brinkley around with Sanford, Loadholt, Simpson and Felton. I honestly think Floyd falling as far as he did put them in a spot they weren't prepared for and it threw a wrench into some plans they had. One of those "it is what it is" situations.
    Very nice.

I think he wanted to draft a MLB, but I think it was only one of the top 2. If he didn't get him, or if him didn't work out, I think his backup plan has always been to move Erin to the Mike.

That would kindof explain why they gave him a 2 year contract and dovetails into what Erin has said of late were he has been getting ready for the move since the end of the season.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I did not know that either. That is a surprising stat. I am guessing that the fact that we are in a two back set more often than not factored in our decision to not address LB before the 4th round.

When we went to nickle last year, what LBs were on the field? I have a feeling it was Brinkley and Greenway, but I could be wrong.
    Jasper came out more would be my guess but not that much. I think it really depended on who was more winded as I couldn't figure out a rhyme or reason for who would come out.

Grandson is alot bigger this year. Grandpa won't have to hold him during the games so I can get back to charting plays. Now that I have access to the "All 22" and "Endzone" angles some of my stats should be a bit more indepth.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Now, just as long as your supply of Beast holds up this board will be in for a hell of a year. And this coming from the newly crowned Vikings yes-man.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Now, just as long as your supply of Beast holds up this board will be in for a hell of a year. And this coming from the newly crowned Vikings yes-man.
    I want to see how much ridicule I get when I say how many wins they get this year as apposed to the crap I went through last year.

If memory serves, there was me and 2 others (I think) that said they would have a good year (I said 9-7 possibly 1 or 2 more).

Worst NFL team: Vikings, Browns in Matt Barkley sweepstakes?

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Very nice.

I think he wanted to draft a MLB, but I think it was only one of the top 2. If he didn't get him, or if him didn't work out, I think his backup plan has always been to move Erin to the Mike.

That would kindof explain why they gave him a 2 year contract and dovetails into what Erin has said of late were he has been getting ready for the move since the end of the season.
    I don't know about that. I think Frazier is the one calling the shots as far as who is playing in which position. Spielman is in charge of acquiring talent. These are not the days in the not too distant past where one man, cough(Childress), cough, decided who to draft, which free agents to sign, and was responsible for depth charts and playcalling.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I want to see how much ridicule I get when I say how many wins they get this year as apposed to the crap I went through last year.

If memory serves, there was me and 2 others (I think) that said they would have a good year (I said 9-7 possibly 1 or 2 more).

Worst NFL team: Vikings, Browns in Matt Barkley sweepstakes?
    Yeah, winning records were few and far between in our guesses. At 7-9 +/-2, I was still giving them more credit than most here.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast