View Poll Results: What do you most prefer the Vikings do?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade up 5 spots, get A. Ogletree in round 1

5 25.00%
  • Draft Manti Te'o in round 1

5 25.00%
  • Draft Arthur Brown in round 1

3 15.00%
  • Draft Kevin Minter in round 1

2 10.00%
  • Draft Kiko Alonso in round 2

2 10.00%
  • Draft Jonathan Bostic in round 3

1 5.00%
  • Draft A.J. Klein in round 4

1 5.00%
  • No need of MLB. Roll with what we got!

1 5.00%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    I think he will make a move to try and get Ogletree.

WWBGD

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Why did he mention the prospects by name? Did he want to bring attention away from Te'o as the prime candidate? Why did he choose that order? Did he slip up and put his favorite first? Was he trying to downplay Ogletree by putting him last? Did he bury Minter in the middle to try and make him insignificant? Hmmm....
    Haha I love your over-analysing You think like me!

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    BS: Do you project any outside linebackers in the draft who could move inside?

RS: Yes. Yes.

BS: You answered pretty quick. Does that mean there are several of them?

BS: Good enough to go in the first or second round?

BS: So you feel pretty good about the middle linebacker position?

RS: I feel pretty good about the flexibility of the linebacker position, and I think even in the second and third day there's going to be a guy or two we really target that we think can do both.

BS: Would you feel a little more concerned if you didn't think Erin Henderson could move inside?

RS: I feel less concerned that we can take the best linebacker and not just pigeonhole middle. We don't have to be pigeonholed.
    There's a nice twist....rather than looking to move previous inside linebackers (including Middle's Marr) to the outside he is saying there are a number of options in the draft that could be moved from outside to inside. Complete subterfuge?

Was this one of the guys he was talking about? He did play MLB in the east west shrine game.

VikeCane305 is offline Rookie
    Start audie cole!
    "AKA" PURPLEPOWERPUNCH

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    NFL Events: Free Agency

Ayanbadejo, Brendon

Barnett, Nick OLB

Black, Quincy OLB

Dansby, Karlos MLB

Gocong, Chris

Malast, Kevin

Onatolu, Kenny

Satele, Brashton

Scott, Bart ILB

Spikes, Takeo ILB

Studebaker, Andy OLB

Robertson, Craig

HEY
    Blog Entries
    I don't think we will look so much into free agency after the draft. Seems like the coaches are going to do what they've been hinting to - move Erin inside and make the rookie play outside. I'm actually content with that.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    If the Vikings fuck up and ride Erin Henderson at MLB, then the defense is going to go backwards. Henderson is not MLB material, and when given the chance he performed worse than Brinkley who was just average at the position.

The Vikings now have a very solid D-Line with drafting Floyd, they have a great LB in Greenway, a great Safety in Smith, and added a playmaker at CB in Rhodes. It would be a huge shame to have a weak player at basically the most important role of the defense. Henderson is fine where he is at, he shouldn't be moved to MLB.

Go out and get a FA LB. I don't want Urlacher because of his decline, but for the system the Vikes run, he is the best option on the FA market. Dansby would be a nice fit as well. Please, just don't mess up the chance this defense has at being very good by sticking Henderson in the MLB position.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I'd be fine with Urlacher. He is older and slower, but he's also a hard worker and a leader with lots of experience in the NFC north.
    He probably wouldn't be on the field very often in passing situations. Also we have Harrison Smith to help over the top.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Possibilities

Witherspoon
    Urlacher
    Ruud
    Poppinga
    Morrison
    James
    Gaither

HEY
    Blog Entries
    I just saw this:
    Mike Wobschall: "Many #Vikings fans have expressed concern re: LB position. Keep in mind, it's a nickel league now. We were in 3-LB set just 41.8% of snaps."

Wow... I didn't know we used three linebackers that little. On second thought, we could have gone with a two linebacker set 90% of the time considering we had Winfield. Sometimes I'd rather have Winfield there against the run INSTEAD of a linebacker. That's how good he is. *sniff* I'm gonna miss him

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast