View Poll Results: What do you most prefer the Vikings do?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade up 5 spots, get A. Ogletree in round 1

5 25.00%
  • Draft Manti Te'o in round 1

5 25.00%
  • Draft Arthur Brown in round 1

3 15.00%
  • Draft Kevin Minter in round 1

2 10.00%
  • Draft Kiko Alonso in round 2

2 10.00%
  • Draft Jonathan Bostic in round 3

1 5.00%
  • Draft A.J. Klein in round 4

1 5.00%
  • No need of MLB. Roll with what we got!

1 5.00%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Sly is a great player, but we have bigger needs right now. And this is the deepest DT draft in memory. Why not take Kawann Short in the 2nd? I think we need to go WR/MLB depending on whose available. We HAVE to end up with Ogletree or Te'o. Would be ECSTATIC if Patterson fell to us. He is perfect for us. Only problem is route running and Jennings should be the perfect mentor for that.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Sly is a great player, but we have bigger needs right now. And this is the deepest DT draft in memory. Why not take Kawann Short in the 2nd? I think we need to go WR/MLB depending on whose available. We HAVE to end up with Ogletree or Te'o. Would be ECSTATIC if Patterson fell to us. He is perfect for us. Only problem is route running and Jennings should be the perfect mentor for that.
    Haha funny you said that RIGHT after I read Mayock's Mock Draft.

Mike Mayock has unveiled his long-awaited 2013 NFL mock draft]
    ... and he has exactly Patterson and Sylvester going to us (in that order).

I would be ecstatic if this happened on draft day. I'm kinda surprised to see how similar Mayock's mock draft and my own mock draft are, but I doubt Patterson will fall to us. However, like I've said before, one or two player are bound to fall in our lap. There's always a few players that some teams surprise everyone and reach for. And there's a lot of teams in front of us for that to happen.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Sly is a great player, but we have bigger needs right now. And this is the deepest DT draft in memory.
    Unless you're comfortable with 7th round pick Audie Cole starting at MLB all year, I think the loss of Brinkley has elevated the need for a MLB right near the top.

We need DL, especially for next year, but I'd put our need for a MLB above DT.

With so many holes now after the few extra that were created, their best option is probably to stand pat with our 1st round picks & select the best player available whether he plays WR, MLB, DT, CB or G.
    Last edited by singersp; 04-25-2013 at 06:47 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Unless you're comfortable with 7th round pick Audie Cole starting at MLB all year, I think the loss of Brinkley has elevated the need for a MLB right near the top.

We need DL, especially for next year, but I'd put our need for a MLB above DT.

With so many holes now after the few extra that were created, their best option is probably to stand pat with our 1st round picks & select the best player available whether he plays WR, MLB, DT, CB or G.
    Brinkely was not that good and I think Cole can at least play to his level. So if we don't draft a MLB I think we are not any worse for wear. In other words our MLB play may not be that good but IMO it won't be any worse than last year.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    Brinkely was not that good and I think Cole can at least play to his level. So if we don't draft a MLB I think we are not any worse for wear. In other words our MLB play may not be that good but IMO it won't be any worse than last year.
    He may not have been great, but by not keeping him it did create a void at the MLB position & the need to draft a LB.

As much as I'd like to see Cole play better than Brinkley did, I don't think it's going to happen. Not this year anyways. I certainly wouldn't have minded seeing him get more opportunities to play LB last year, rather than ST.

The need more a MLB, is still higher than it is for DT this year, IMO.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    He may not have been great, but by not keeping him it did create a void at the MLB position & the need to draft a LB.

As much as I'd like to see Cole play better than Brinkley did, I don't think it's going to happen. Not this year anyways. I certainly wouldn't have minded seeing him get more opportunities to play LB last year, rather than ST.

The need more a MLB, is still higher than it is for DT this year, IMO.
    They are both huge holes, no doubt and I think we should draft a mike, but I think Cole can play NEAR Brinkley's level. It is not a very high bar, so Cole may have to come in and start, or maybe Urlacker is still in our sights and we are waiting for a bargain, he hasn't been signed,correct?

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    They are both huge holes, no doubt and I think we should draft a mike, but I think Cole can play NEAR Brinkley's level. It is not a very high bar, so Cole may have to come in and start, or maybe Urlacker is still in our sights and we are waiting for a bargain, he hasn't been signed,correct?
    I don't believe he has. Urlacher would have been a good signing. Keep him for a year & use the year to also bring along Cole or the drafted MLB.

Vikings GM Rick Spielman likes what he sees at linebacker in draft

Vikings GM Rick Spielman likes what he sees at linebacker in draft - TwinCities.com

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Vikings GM Rick Spielman likes what he sees at linebacker in draft

Vikings GM Rick Spielman likes what he sees at linebacker in draft - TwinCities.com
    BS: Have you leaned more on Singletary this year than you did last year because of your need at middle linebacker?
    RS: No.
    I like Ole Rickey boy more and more each day.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    BS: Do you project any outside linebackers in the draft who could move inside?

RS: Yes. Yes.

BS: You answered pretty quick. Does that mean there are several of them?

BS: Good enough to go in the first or second round?

BS: So you feel pretty good about the middle linebacker position?

RS: I feel pretty good about the flexibility of the linebacker position, and I think even in the second and third day there's going to be a guy or two we really target that we think can do both.

BS: Would you feel a little more concerned if you didn't think Erin Henderson could move inside?

RS: I feel less concerned that we can take the best linebacker and not just pigeonhole middle. We don't have to be pigeonholed.
    There's a nice twist....rather than looking to move previous inside linebackers (including Middle's Marr) to the outside he is saying there are a number of options in the draft that could be moved from outside to inside. Complete subterfuge?

Also, notice the subliminal take on the top MLB prospects:
    BS: What hurts (Notre Dame middle linebacker) Manti Te'o's draft stock more: Is it the hoax or how he performed against Alabama in the national championship game?

RS: I'm not going to talk about any players -- him or (Kansas State's) Arthur Brown or (LSU's) Kevin Minter or (Georgia's) Alec Ogletree.
    Why did he mention the prospects by name? Did he want to bring attention away from Te'o as the prime candidate? Why did he choose that order? Did he slip up and put his favorite first? Was he trying to downplay Ogletree by putting him last? Did he bury Minter in the middle to try and make him insignificant? Hmmm....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast