View Poll Results: What do you most prefer the Vikings do?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade up 5 spots, get A. Ogletree in round 1

5 25.00%
  • Draft Manti Te'o in round 1

5 25.00%
  • Draft Arthur Brown in round 1

3 15.00%
  • Draft Kevin Minter in round 1

2 10.00%
  • Draft Kiko Alonso in round 2

2 10.00%
  • Draft Jonathan Bostic in round 3

1 5.00%
  • Draft A.J. Klein in round 4

1 5.00%
  • No need of MLB. Roll with what we got!

1 5.00%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I watched video of Te'o, Ogletree and Minter all against Alabama last year on draftbreakdown.com.

They all have one thing in common, Alabama made them all look bad. Lacey ran all over each of them. Warmack constantly came out and controlled them and they all looked lost for much of the game. Alabama just overpowered each of those teams and mixed things up enough to keep them guessing most of the time...and they usually guessed wrong.

That's not necessarily a knock on these guys as Alabama made it pretty difficult, but I don't think you can put Minter or Ogletree ahead of Te'o because of his performance against Alabama as they all looked equally bad.

A couple things do stand out to me though. Ogletree plays very high, likes to tackle RB's high and uses his hands more than his shoulders to bring guys down. Minter looks a bit slow, but very solid with his legs. If he makes the wrong read, he's finished on the play. Just not athletic enough to recover. Te'o plays all aspects of the MLB position well, not great, but well. Ogletree is the most athletic, he can recover better than most when he makes the wrong read, but doesn't seem to like the dirty work involved with the position. He may be better served as an OLB where he can utilize his athleticism better.

My preference for the Vikings would be in this order: Brown (if healthy), Te'o, Ogletree and then Minter. Although Bostic and Minter look very similar to me and Alonso is intriguing. Beginning to wonder if #23/#25 is worth spending on one of these guys.
    Spot on my friend.

I'd love to see them get either Patterson or Hunter right now and I think it will take one of the first rounders to do it.

The other I'd love to see them spend on Sly Williams, but that would mean probably Minter or Bostic (probably Bostic) late in the second.

That wouldn't be such a bad thing, however, I think you would see Bostic start taking reps at teh OLB position with Erin moving to the inside for a year or two.

Again, you fix the NT/DT issues and I think, you will see drastic improvement in the LB (and DB) play so it might be a wash.

In the end, ole Ricky boy has alot of very interesting ways he can fix the defense and passing game this year and he can do it with his first 3 picks.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flair Hay View Post
    Just curious Mar which of the 1 techniques are you wanting the most? Hankins in round two seems to make the most sense to me if they go MLB and WR/CB with 23 and 25. I'm not much of a scout though more just collector of many others' opinions.
    I like several.......there are two or three that I think we can get in the first and second round that can come in and play right away....

These two are the ones that should be there in the first or second.
    Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com
    Vikings Middle Linebacker In 2013

Add these two to the second round with Hankins maybe in the first...
    Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com
    Kawann Short, DT, Purdue, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

If we can come out of day two with at least one of them then we can go ahead and get a kid like Tourek Wiliams to add depth behind our DE's.

Tourek Williams, DE, Florida International, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Spot on my friend.

I'd love to see them get either Patterson or Hunter right now and I think it will take one of the first rounders to do it.

The other I'd love to see them spend on Sly Williams, but that would mean probably Minter or Bostic (probably Bostic) late in the second.

That wouldn't be such a bad thing, however, I think you would see Bostic start taking reps at teh OLB position with Erin moving to the inside for a year or two.

Again, you fix the NT/DT issues and I think, you will see drastic improvement in the LB (and DB) play so it might be a wash.

In the end, ole Ricky boy has alot of very interesting ways he can fix the defense and passing game this year and he can do it with his first 3 picks.
    With #23 and #25, I think the BPA will be Star and DJ hayden. I know alot of people don't see Star falling that far andit si doubtful but He may be one that could fall because of his medical condition. Kiko Alonso in the second would be good also, unless Jesse Williams is there as Marrdro predicted.

Marr, I have heard about your spreadsheets but I am not aware if I am on one. How do you know about a selection?

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Flair Hay is offline Rookie
    There's a few guys who could very well be worth it to trade up. None of them are WRs like that bs nfl.com rumour.

1)Lotuleilei, Floyd, Richardson

One of these guys is going to be there into the teens. All three of these guys seem to have potential to be difference makers.

2) Warmack, Cooper

If we could pull a dirty move and go from 23 to 16 to jump the Cowboys for what could be generational guard prospects I would be happy.

Anything else and trading up would be a huge reach considering the lack of talent gap between most skill positions. Even the above scenarios would be quite costly and leave a long term whole or two. There's still UFAs available for filler talent though.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Flair Hay View Post
    There's a few guys who could very well be worth it to trade up. None of them are WRs like that bs nfl.com rumour.

1)Lotuleilei, Floyd, Richardson

One of these guys is going to be there into the teens. All three of these guys seem to have potential to be difference makers.

2) Warmack, Cooper

If we could pull a dirty move and go from 23 to 16 to jump the Cowboys for what could be generational guard prospects I would be happy.

Anything else and trading up would be a huge reach considering the lack of talent gap between most skill positions. Even the above scenarios would be quite costly and leave a long term whole or two. There's still UFAs available for filler talent though.
    I have a hard time believing Floyd will fall out of the top ten. I think Richardson is going to go between 10 and 15. Star could go in the top ten and could fall all the way to us at #23, he is that one prospect that could fall for no apparent reason. I mean the medical issue with his heart is obvious but he has been cleared, so maybe there might be a small reason if he fell.

The other prospect I would trade up for is Tavon Austin. If he falls out of the top ten we could move up to 15 and grab him before St. Louis!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    I think we should take Sylvester Williams with our first pick! This immediately improves our Mike in the type of Defense we play. By builing a wall of front, we immediately allow our backers to play the deep middle and cover ground sideline to sideline. A Williams/Minter combination would be fantastic for our first two picks. I know we have needs at WR, but the WR class this year is deep.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    I'm starting to like Sylvester Williams too.
    I was not very keen on Vikings drafting him in the first round in the beginning, but lately I kinda like the idea. Thing is: there are so many possibilities for us in the first round (good thing we have two picks then) and the Vikes are bound to have a few players fall to them. I think Sylvester's value is just a bit less than what our first pick suggest so I'd rather draft him with our second pick in the first round. The Colts are not gonna take him anyways.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I'm not sure which is best, but I hope they go after the guy they like, even if it means moving up. MLB is the QB of the defense, getting a good one is key to building a great defense.

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    I think the vikes go WR first because if Hunter falls to 23 like he is suppose to, I can easily see Houston trading with the colts to nab him. So it's safer to go WR first then ILB. After hunter who is the #1 WR on my board there is nothing else worth that pick. Hunter has the biggest upside and the most polish next to Hopkins. He is 6'4 and runs a 4.3. I think the vikes take him then trade back with 25 with San Fran so San Fran can take a S. then we draft Arthur brown who has the most skills and upside of all the ILB prospects and in the 2nd round draft johnathan Jenkins And dj Hayden who I think will slide cause of medical. If this happens then spielman is a genius. What do u think Marrdro? Jenkins had the potential if he keeps his weight in check to be the next Kris Jenkins

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post
    I think the vikes go WR first because if Hunter falls to 23 like he is suppose to, I can easily see Houston trading with the colts to nab him. So it's safer to go WR first then ILB. After hunter who is the #1 WR on my board there is nothing else worth that pick. Hunter has the biggest upside and the most polish next to Hopkins. He is 6'4 and runs a 4.3. I think the vikes take him then trade back with 25 with San Fran so San Fran can take a S. then we draft Arthur brown who has the most skills and upside of all the ILB prospects and in the 2nd round draft johnathan Jenkins And dj Hayden who I think will slide cause of medical. If this happens then spielman is a genius. What do u think Marrdro? Jenkins had the potential if he keeps his weight in check to be the next Kris Jenkins
    That would be fantastic, but I think if San Francisco is gonna move up, they're going to try to go bigger than a few spots. They have the firepower, in terms of picks, to move up a long ways.

I'd love to get Hunter at 23, Hayden, or Trufant if possible at 25. Then again, I also want a DT. I've never been so undecided.

I want Khaseem Greene in the third if he falls that far. He's listed by everyone as an OLB, but he's a converted safety with good speed and quickness. I've watched him play for years at Rutgers and even played against him in high school. He's a good athlete with solid instincts and a nose for the ball. Hands aren't great so he's not exactly going to be pulling in picks left and right, but I'm certain he'll put himself in the way of passes. He was in on every tackle at Rutgers, he's all over the field. Not exactly a thumper, as he's a tad undersized, but a sure tackler. I can see him playing in the middle. I'd even be willing to move up in the third to make this happen.

Actually I'd like to get an additional third round pick, period. Not necessarily move up. We have the two 4ths, maybe Slick Rick can package something.
    Last edited by Mr Anderson; 04-24-2013 at 10:54 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast