Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    bono is offline Hall of Famer

Vikings' Michael Bennett sportin' the Green &

As some of you MIGHT know: Packers' Javon Walker had this Celebrity Slam Softball Charity event here in Milwaukee, WI to raise money for single parent families. Among celebs who partook in the event, were actress Tara Reid, NBA PG for Minnesota Timberwolves, Sam Cassell, and Vikings' Michael Bennett. Bennett was on Javon's team, Cassell was on Nick Barnett (Packer defensive guy)'s team. My boss actually played in the event as well (on Walker's team). Anyway, Bennett was on one of our local TV news stations (after the event) stating that there's really nothing wrong with sporting Packer Green and Gold. He said that he tried to offset it by wearing a white T-shirt with his Walker Packer softball jersey. I couldn't believe how the fans cheered the guy when he was introduced. He's a viking for crying out loud. Well, I guess that's just the way Packer/charity driven fans are!!!!!
    Furthermore, the turnout for Walker's charity softball game was a bit suprising. After his no-show for mini camp stuff, more than 13,000 screaming packerfaithful and charity driven ppl showed up for the event. Although there were a few boos when Walker was introduced, most of those on hand CHEERED him on. It was his agent, Rosenhaus, who got nothing but boos. And he actually got a kick out of it. He was gestering to the fans to bring it on (the boos, that it). He said in a tv interview that he came to the event in hopes of taking some of the negative load off of Walker...whatever he could do to ease things for Walker.
    All I can say is: love the guy, or hate him (Walker, i.e.), but no one can say that he doesn't care about the well-being of today's ppl. From what I heard, his mother raised him and his siblings (no father around), and now he wants to help other single parent families out financially, since he knows what they go through. The proceeds from the charity event (half) go to this Christian Faith Ministries here in Milwaukee, and the other half go to the charity of the celebs who participated in the event choice. Tickets ranged from $5-25.
    Proud of you, Walker!
    Thanks for helping out, Bennett!!!
    Go Pack Go! SKOL Vikings!!!!
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings' Michael Bennett sportin' the Green &a

It's for a good cause and I am glad they didn't drag the bad contract situation into the charity event.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I did hear about that softball thing with Walker. Good for him for helping out the communities. I don't agree with his hold out but I know Rosendick has alot to do with that. Just like TO. The guy is an a$$ and cares nothing but for his own pocket. What comes around goes around and I hope Rosendick gets his soon. Bennett has always been a good guy. I don't think he's the best man for the Vikes RB job but that's just me. He is a great person though.

FSUViking is offline Waterboy

Well, I read that when Ro$enhau$e came up to bat, people booed viciously. The snake that he is, Ro$enhau$e just smiled and waved to everyone. :roll:

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Good for Walker.

Its different when the guy is doing something with his god-given talents to help those less fortunate; I applaud that and do not view him the hated enemy for this.

Good for Bennett too. Props to all those who helped!

oldschoolmikey is offline Starter

I think that is cool that Bennett played with Walker and the fans cheered for him. Viking or not, he was out there doing something for charity. Plus, don't forget he played for Wisconsin. I'm sure there were some Badger fans present in Milwaukee. Rivalry aside, these guys for the most part all get along pretty well,and it is cool when they do stuff like this during the off season.

Trade ya straight up?

Javon for Mike?

el oh el

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

...no

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

I wouldn't mind trading Bennett - and I guess this wouldn't be all that bad actually, even though we do have quite a few receivers he would help, and then maybe we could cut Campbell. Not gonna happen though - even if we weren't divisional rivals, the Packers don't need a RB.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

not worth it for the packers i have to admit. A pro bowler a million years ago for a pro bowler last year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast